Is DCS WWII stalled? DCS dont want customers?

motoadve

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So the P-47 is still in developement? Tell me yes, please. A DCS quality Jug would be a day one purchase for me. I usually wait for sales, but I doubt if I'd be able to control myself with that one.

Yep

Shhhh, don't tell anyone I told you guys, but the cockpit is really nice ;)

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=115584&page=164

Windows 10 Pro | ASUS RANGER VIII | i5 6600K @ 4.6GHz| MSI RTX 2060 SUPER | 32GB RAM | Corsair H100i | Corsair Carbide 540 | HP Reverb G2 | MFG crosswind Pedals | Custom Spitfire Cockpit

Project IX Cockpit

One thing that I don't understand, is when I see developement shots of planes like the P-47 that appear nearly complete. Cockpit shots, texturee done...etc. They look as though they're almost ready to kick out the door, but four years later they still aren't done. What happens?

The P-47 has required a lot more work than other ww2 modules due to the lack of data which was apparently destroyed

There is a post from ED discussing having to make the wind tunnel test from scratch using software which hasn't had to be done before.

Edited by Krupi

Windows 10 Pro | ASUS RANGER VIII | i5 6600K @ 4.6GHz| MSI RTX 2060 SUPER | 32GB RAM | Corsair H100i | Corsair Carbide 540 | HP Reverb G2 | MFG crosswind Pedals | Custom Spitfire Cockpit

Project IX Cockpit

One thing that I don't understand, is when I see developement shots of planes like the P-47 that appear nearly complete. Cockpit shots, texturee done...etc. They look as though they're almost ready to kick out the door, but four years later they still aren't done. What happens?
It happens that in other flight sims a 3D model is almost all the job needed for a whole aircraft, it just needs a .txt with a few parameters and voilà, FM ready, you have your aircraft. On the other hand, for DCS the 3D model is just the starting point while hundreds of systems are modelled and joined together in a really complex flight model which also interacts with a full clickable cockpit requiring lots of work and research just to get the necessary data. So it takes time.

Anyway, we have only see P-47 3D model screenshots in relatively recent updates IIRC.

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

Anyway, we have only see P-47 3D model screenshots in relatively recent updates IIRC.

S!

No he is right, jug lovers have been teased for years with screenshots... it was originally planned to come out before the Spit IIRC.

Project IX Cockpit

No he is right, jug lovers have been teased for years with screenshots... it was originally planned to come out before the Spit IIRC.
Maybe, don't remember such an old screenshots but I guess they can be somewhere.

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

• ED Team
What about those stick forces that are ridiculously modelled.. Does the 109 pilot have only one hand? Well, we don't know for sure.. these are the things that bother me. This.. hermetic style of ED explaining things, e.g. changes done to the 'game' with no explanation on the forum (on the changelog).

Your are very far from the truth... I posted an investigation based on flight tests showing very moderate forces AT MODERATE MACH NUMBERS. Probably, you blame not the right sim regarding ridiculous forces. But the high Mach handling is very different up to full inability to control the plane. I have this evidence from the first hands, not only from documents.

Ніщо так сильно не ранить мозок, як уламки скла від розбитих рожевих окулярів

There is nothing so hurtful for the brain as splinters of broken rose-coloured spectacles.

Ничто так сильно не ранит мозг, как осколки стекла от разбитых розовых очков (С) Me

how is 1hand vs 2hand flying programmed yo-yo? moderate forces at moderate mach numbers ok, but all the other aircraft pull and push loops around u even at very slow speeds.trying to follow these jerk-off moves, push-pull-and repeat, the 109 doesnt even have a chance to do the same. even at very slow speeds it has a considerable disadvantage compared to spit and p51 in this regard. so...when is our pilot using 1 hand, and when 2hands?

• ED Team
how is 1hand vs 2hand flying programmed yo-yo? moderate forces at moderate mach numbers ok, but all the other aircraft pull and push loops around u even at very slow speeds.trying to follow these jerk-off moves, push-pull-and repeat, the 109 doesnt even have a chance to do the same. even at very slow speeds it has a considerable disadvantage compared to spit and p51 in this regard. so...when is our pilot using 1 hand, and when 2hands?

If a young man could not move a stick with both hands - how good is it modeled in DCS?

Edited by Yo-Yo

There is nothing so hurtful for the brain as splinters of broken rose-coloured spectacles.

Ничто так сильно не ранит мозг, как осколки стекла от разбитых розовых очков (С) Me

i am talking about speeds well below 400kph indicated...even below 300 the 109 lags horribly behind.

and still the question remains...when does our dcs pilot use 1 and when 2hands?

Neah.. forget it.. we're just babies and Luftwhiners here.. Or at least, this is how I feel we're treated.

Specs:

Asus Z97 PRO Gamer, i7 4790K@4.6GHz, 4x8GB Kingston @2400MHz 11-13-14-32, Titan X, Creative X-Fi, 128+2x250GB SSDs, VPC T50 Throttle + G940, MFG Crosswinds, TrackIR 5 w/ pro clip, JetSeat, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Oculus Rift, 27"@1920x1080

Settings:

2.1.x - Textures:High Terrain:High Civ.Traffic:Off Water:High VisRan:Low Heatblur:High Shadows:High Res:1920x1080 RoC:1024 MSAA:4x AF:16x HDR:OFF DefS: ON GCI: ON DoF:Off Lens: OFF C/G:390m Trees:1500m R:max Gamma: 1.5

luftwhiner is a term u can ignore. it doesnt do any good, and the bias is huge with the people using the term. u can ignore not only the term itself, but also the guys using it. not worth it :)

anyway, the 1hand/2hand logic is a thing im really interested in. maybe we actually get an answer at some point.

• ED Team
luftwhiner is a term u can ignore. it doesnt do any good, and the bias is huge with the people using the term. u can ignore not only the term itself, but also the guys using it. not worth it :)

anyway, the 1hand/2hand logic is a thing im really interested in. maybe we actually get an answer at some point.

One and two.

WHERE. IS. YOUR . EVIDENCE.

DATA.

Yo-yo has supplied his. And yet you carp on about your perceived issues with nothing but conjectural and highly subjective "feelings".

since when do we need evidence for asking a question? writing in capital letters doesnt exactly make that post look more intelligent:megalol:

Edited by birdstrike

• ED Team
so our pilot switches between 1hand/2hand flying mode?yes?

Yes. Two hands allow much more force but not so precise.

thx yo-yo...does it require a certain threshold i have to reach with my joystick at home until the 2nd hand kicks in? or is it a certain threshold on the virtual 109stick that has to be reached until the 2nd hand is used?

or does it require a certain threshold combined with a certain timespan until the pilot uses the 2nd hand?

Edited by birdstrike

Yo-Yo has just stated that what is modelled is from first hand source which implies from discussions with actual 109 pilots.

And I think it is fairly safe to assume any ww2 fighter pilot would be using both hands on the the stick at high speed and wrestling with the controls.

Project IX Cockpit

Yo-Yo has just stated that what is modelled is from first hand source which implies from discussions with actual 109 pilots.

And I think it is fairly safe to assume any ww2 fighter pilot would be using both hands on the the stick at high speed and wrestling with the controls.

sure thats what we all assume. but there are slight but distinctive differences possible on how the logic behind is working, and that could have noticeable differences in the end result. i.e. is it dependent on physical stick deflection? or is it dependent on virtual stick deflection? is it dependent on speed at all? is there any time you need to apply a certain deflection until the 2nd hand is used? does it immediately switch back to 1hand flying mode, once i put less deflection on either physical or virtual stick? etc...

Edited by birdstrike

I'm currently using a FFB joystick (G940) and my impression is that both sticks, in the cockpit and the real one, stiffen with the increase of speed, but the threshold is set at very low speed. While I can move my stick, the pilot is left behind.. I mention that in real life I can easily pull 200Kg with my bear hands and I find it pretty unfair that the pilot suffers from sickle-cell or something..

Specs:

Asus Z97 PRO Gamer, i7 4790K@4.6GHz, 4x8GB Kingston @2400MHz 11-13-14-32, Titan X, Creative X-Fi, 128+2x250GB SSDs, VPC T50 Throttle + G940, MFG Crosswinds, TrackIR 5 w/ pro clip, JetSeat, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Oculus Rift, 27"@1920x1080

Settings:

2.1.x - Textures:High Terrain:High Civ.Traffic:Off Water:High VisRan:Low Heatblur:High Shadows:High Res:1920x1080 RoC:1024 MSAA:4x AF:16x HDR:OFF DefS: ON GCI: ON DoF:Off Lens: OFF C/G:390m Trees:1500m R:max Gamma: 1.5

You assume that 200 Kg will do the trick. The reality is that at high speeds the controls didn't just stiffen, they became impossible to move.

Brute force also has to be combined with finesse, so applying one factor and saying the flight model must be wrong may be missing the point entirely?

I put my faith in Yo-yo et al because their only motive is correct and in-depth flight modeling, and they have dedicated a lot of time trouble and money in getting things as close as they can in conjunction with the guys who have done the whole flying thing for real.

A hunch doesn't cut it, and anecdotal evidence is just that. We either accept things as they are, or go insane I guess?

• ED Team

I did not state what you state here. Please do not force me to post a quotation from "Master and Margarita" Variete scene...

Documents for this matter are primarily source, evidences - just to prove, add detailed, etc.