2018 Kickoff! Development Changelog

Cobra847

Progress on the J-35 is currently slow due to team commitments to the F-14 - but we've made large strides in the background and should have something to show towards a fall. Again, the J-35 is being built to standards we set for flyable, full modules; so it takes us quite a while.

Pilot body is currently being posed, boned and animated. Hopefully one of the next patches.

The Sound overhaul is happening; but we're trying to get on location with one of the SWaFH -37's to capture the real thing. We have great samples currently, but we're hoping to be able to fill in the gaps. This year for sure, prior to removing EA tag.

We decided to rewrite one section of the manual as it was considered substandard by our proof-readers. In fact, I even added it being done to the changelog, as this was a last minute decision. I'll update you on the manual in the next 2-3 days.

EDIT: The section rewrite is complete. It shouldn't be long.

Thanks for the update! :thumbup: Always good to be transparent for the sake of long term credibility even though it may bring disappointment in the short term.

i7-7700K @ 4.9 GHz | Gigabyte Aorus Geforce GTX 1080 Ti | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 2400 MHz (2800 OC) | Asus Strix Z270E Gaming | Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD 1 TB | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD 500 GB | WD NAS Red 2TB SATA3 | Corsair Cooling Hydro Series H80i v2 | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog | Saitek PRO rudder pedals | Valve Index

Progress on the J-35 is currently slow due to team commitments to the F-14 - but we've made large strides in the background and should have something to show towards a fall. Again, the J-35 is being built to standards we set for flyable, full modules; so it takes us quite a while.

Pilot body is currently being posed, boned and animated. Hopefully one of the next patches.

The Sound overhaul is happening; but we're trying to get on location with one of the SWaFH -37's to capture the real thing. We have great samples currently, but we're hoping to be able to fill in the gaps. This year for sure, prior to removing EA tag.

We decided to rewrite one section of the manual as it was considered substandard by our proof-readers. In fact, I even added it being done to the changelog, as this was a last minute decision. I'll update you on the manual in the next 2-3 days.

EDIT: The section rewrite is complete. It shouldn't be long.

Thanks! :thumbup:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I have recently started putting down a lot of time flying Viggen (even though I bought my computer and the game almost a year ago) so I'm fairly new to computer gaming. This may be obvious to all others but is the Viggen module updated automatically or do I have to do something to get the updates?

Yes, I can see the DCS updater run every time I start the game but does that include 3rd party modules as well?

I'm wondering simply because I got the 2.5.2.manynumbers update about 1-2 weeks ago and after that I've had a lot of issues with the Viggen.

At last, THANK YOU guys for choosing this unusual aircraft, which was in service when I served so it has a special place in my heart.

I also read something in the first post of this thread about the AKTU STAKKI being a JA-37 livery but it is from the AJS/F division (1 division) of F21 wing and it means "Lone wolf" in Finnish. I'm linking a video taken during their last ever excersice where you can see some nice low level flying and road base take offs and landings.

Got a bit OT at the end but, hey :music_whistling:

| Strix Z490-H | i5 10600K | MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB Gaming X | 32GB 3000MHz DDR4 | 256 Gb SDD Samsung 840 Pro + 480Gb SDD Kingston + 500 Gb HDD | Acer Predator Z1 2560*1440p | TM Warthog HOTAS | 2x MFD Cougar | Buddyfox A10 UFC  | TrackIR 5 | Win10 Pro 64-Bit Swedish |

| A-10C Warthog | AJS-37 Viggen | F-86F Sabre | F/A-18 Hornet | KA-50 Blackshark | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | UH-1H Huey | FC3 | CA | WWII Assets Pack | Supercarrier |

I'm wondering simply because I got the 2.5.2.manynumbers update about 1-2 weeks ago and after that I've had a lot of issues with the Viggen.

Yes, at the moment there is some, but there is a fix on its way. I am actually a little surprised we didn't get it yesterday (Wednesdays are the general day for updates, not every week though).

Edit: On the road, and didn't get any notification on tapatalk regarding updates, but apparently we got one. Hope it fixed the crashes.

För övrigt tror jag inte du är ensam med att inleda en sen "gaming" karriär med just DCS Viggen, den är liksom en tämligen ikonisk farkost för många av oss :-)

Edited by Holton181

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

There was an update today and so far I haven't experienced the glitches that I had before albeit I have only tested an instant action cold start. But TILS is right now guiding me to land and stuff :D

| Strix Z490-H | i5 10600K | MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB Gaming X | 32GB 3000MHz DDR4 | 256 Gb SDD Samsung 840 Pro + 480Gb SDD Kingston + 500 Gb HDD | Acer Predator Z1 2560*1440p | TM Warthog HOTAS | 2x MFD Cougar | Buddyfox A10 UFC  | TrackIR 5 | Win10 Pro 64-Bit Swedish |

| A-10C Warthog | AJS-37 Viggen | F-86F Sabre | F/A-18 Hornet | KA-50 Blackshark | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | UH-1H Huey | FC3 | CA | WWII Assets Pack | Supercarrier |

• 3 weeks later...

Are we there yet? :clap_2::music_whistling::cheer3nc:

i7-7700K @ 4.9 GHz | Gigabyte Aorus Geforce GTX 1080 Ti | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 2400 MHz (2800 OC) | Asus Strix Z270E Gaming | Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD 1 TB | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD 500 GB | WD NAS Red 2TB SATA3 | Corsair Cooling Hydro Series H80i v2 | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog | Saitek PRO rudder pedals | Valve Index

so, every time campaign development is mentioned, there is no response, is it not being worked on? has it been cancelled? reworked?

Cobra has answered quite a few questions about it in the past few days here: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=3582165

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

Where are the questions/answers about new campaign? not seeing them :S

Yes. smile.gif

This is the mini-campaign leading into the main one that we're working on.

The new campaign is the main one.

Tornado3 small.jpg

• 10 months later...

Viggenites!

As mentioned in our update, 2018 will together with the Tomcat be the "year of content" for the Viggen, which includes additions such as the J-35 Draken, two free Caucasus based campaigns, many new liveries, a complete exterior sound overhaul and more. The ultimate goal in the medium term is to mature the Viggen, consider it feature complete and major bug free and "release" it out of Beta status. :)

Hi Cobra and the team! Since you overshot the 2018 target and we're now half way into 2019, can you please provide an updated projection or at least tell us what you are working on? I saw right after the F-14 release that you said the pilot body for AJS 37 was not going to take long. Can we expect that before year end?

Thanks for your hard work!

• 3 weeks later...