X-55 Profiles For DCS World by Infernus

• 2 months later...
Do the profiles work in X56?

I'm not sure if the x 56 uses the same format or if the buttons are numbered the same in the software I would assume since Saitek is pretty lazy that it probably will but if not you should still be able to map most of the buttons in the game the same way

None of these are key mapped? I just downloaded the F15 and it's all empty in the programming software

I tried to keep most of the mapping through DCS and only the things that I couldn't do in DCS such as the the mouse joystick controlling things in the rhino software because the saitek software forces me to work in an 800 by 600 window and is pretty janky.

To everyone else I did recently buy the Hornet so there a mapping coming for that some time, as far as other modules I can't say as I haven't bought any of them yet. The planes that don't have much in the way of hotas controls I'm not even going to bother with(mig15 f-86 ww2 hawk) plus all of the new modules have Interactive cockpits which eliminates the need for me to bind things to the hotas like FC3.

Secondly looking back at how I made some of these profiles functions that hold a key pressed could definitely cause some issues with keyboard inputs and other things like that also DCS has changed the controls for some things as well.

For that I can recommend three things

1. Make sure that you reset the profile in the x55 Rhino software to default or none when not playing DCS to avoid problems in other apps.

2. Only use DCS Lua files and do not load profile in the x55 Rhino software. you will have to use your keyboard for some of the functions such as the mouse joystick and the air brake switch.

3. Go into the Rhino software for the profile you are using and disable anything that holds a key down automatically without you physically holding the button down, iirc most of these are mapped to the mode switch button on the throttle.

Edited by infernus1986

FX-8320 8Gb R9-280 X-55 Opentrack

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 month later...

Can someone please help me with a Key Bind/Profile issue please. Example: F86 Sim, I set up my key binds for my X56 HOTAS and Thrustmaster Pedals, latest drivers, etc. Everything works fine in "Training" missions. However, when trying any other Mission Type or Campaign my Bindings/Profile goes haywire. My "Zoom" axis works fine in Training but in Missions it controls my rudders. My rudders in Training work fine, but in any other Mission Type it controls my throttle. I've done the correct "Save Profile" method, loaded, etc. When "Adjusting Controls" in a Non-Training Mission, all responses show them working correctly. But re-entering the Non-Training Mission the controls are still haywire. Any help would be appreciated. This only appears to be a problem with "high fidelity" module aircraft; "low fidelity" module aircraft work fine. Have I missed something simple in the "Settings" tab(s)? Thank you in advance

• 8 months later...
Can someone please help me with a Key Bind/Profile issue please. Example: F86 Sim, I set up my key binds for my X56 HOTAS and Thrustmaster Pedals, latest drivers, etc. Everything works fine in "Training" missions. However, when trying any other Mission Type or Campaign my Bindings/Profile goes haywire. My "Zoom" axis works fine in Training but in Missions it controls my rudders. My rudders in Training work fine, but in any other Mission Type it controls my throttle. I've done the correct "Save Profile" method, loaded, etc. When "Adjusting Controls" in a Non-Training Mission, all responses show them working correctly. But re-entering the Non-Training Mission the controls are still haywire. Any help would be appreciated. This only appears to be a problem with "high fidelity" module aircraft; "low fidelity" module aircraft work fine. Have I missed something simple in the "Settings" tab(s)? Thank you in advance

There are two separate sets for SIM and ARCADE, have you checked that? also be sure to set in the general options your required style of play, arcade or sim.

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...