JTAC in F14

Rob253up

I'm having trouble getting seeing my JTAC in my radio menu. I've seen multiple threads about JTAC functionality simply not working in DCS but I was wondering if this is an issue with the module. Has anyone got JTAC to work with the F14? If so, is there anyway you could share a mission file with a working JTAC or point me to a step by step guide for retards?

I placed a friendly Bradly on the map. Made him immortal and invisible. Set campaign to Axeman1 and radio freq to 124am. Then gave him the FAC assign group task I. Advanced waypoint. Placed 4 T72B right next to him in open terrain. Set my aircraft to CAS, set radio freq to 124am and basically am flying at 6000 feet right above him. Ii even turned on easy communications so there's no PTT issues. Still, when I bring up the radio menu with \ all I see as options is ATC. Basically I just don't see the JTAC I. The radio menu.

I think the issue is the immortal and invisible Bradley. It's destroying the t72's. Try using an unarmed Humvee, or maybe try setting the ROE for that Bradley to only return fire if fired upon. Its that or maybe the Bradley doesn't have EPSLR in its advanced waypoint options. I know the unarmed Humvee does.

Ryzen9 5800X3D, Gigabyte Aorus X570 Elite, 32Gb Gskill Trident DDR4 3600 CL16, Samsung 990 Pr0 1Tb Nvme Gen4, Evo860 1Tb 2.5 SSD and Team 1Tb 2.5 SSD, MSI Suprim X RTX4090 , Corsair h115i Platinum AIO, NZXT H710i case, Seasonic Focus 850W psu, Gigabyte Aorus AD27QHD Gsync 1ms IPS 2k monitor 144Mhz, Track ir4, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate w/extension, Virpil T50 CM3 Throttle, Saitek terrible pedals, RiftS

I haven't had a lot of time in the f14, but is the radio turned on? I think the dial is on the lower left-hand console. It'just forward of the TACAN panel.

Ryzen9 5800X3D, Gigabyte Aorus X570 Elite, 32Gb Gskill Trident DDR4 3600 CL16, Samsung 990 Pr0 1Tb Nvme Gen4, Evo860 1Tb 2.5 SSD and Team 1Tb 2.5 SSD, MSI Suprim X RTX4090 , Corsair h115i Platinum AIO, NZXT H710i case, Seasonic Focus 850W psu, Gigabyte Aorus AD27QHD Gsync 1ms IPS 2k monitor 144Mhz, Track ir4, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate w/extension, Virpil T50 CM3 Throttle, Saitek terrible pedals, RiftS

You must be talking the AN ARC 159. That has a frequency range of 225 to 399. The Rio's AN ARC 182 can reach the JTAC at 124 am. Both radios are turned on at mission start when aircraft spawns in the air. So yes, both radios are on. Also using easy communications so doesn't matter which PTT button is needed. I'm using \. It appear's JTAC must be broken in the F14. No evidence to the contrary (in the form of a functioning JTAC in a mission file) has surfaced.

It appear's JTAC must be broken in the F14. No evidence to the contrary (in the form of a functioning JTAC in a mission file) has surfaced.

I told you already that JTAC is working without any problems.

Placing a JTAC in the Mission Editor, giving them a radio call, drop bombs who get guided. All works as with every other module, did it already a few times. Only GBU24's are not working cause they are broken by DCS itself at the moment.

Are you able to communicate with a tanker, ATC or AWACS using your Com2?

Here you have your JTAC mission.

JTAC.miz

Steam user - Youtube

I am for quality over quantity in DCS modules

No, turns out I cannot contact AWACS either. I can contact my wing men fine. I have no clue why AWACS and my JTAC won't show up in the radio menus. I switched off easy communication and am now using each radio , the 159 and 182 independently. Still no luck.

Edited by Rob253up

F14 JTAC MIZ

I have attached the mission file. Even though I made the FAC immortal and invisible, he is killed within the first 10 seconds now.But I also added an AFAC and an AWACS and I cannot contact either. AN ARC 182 is set to 133 AM as is the FAC and AFAC. the AN ARC 159 is set to 225 AM as is the AWACS

f14 JTAC.miz

I'm using right control and right alt + \ to access radios 1 and 2. I tried your miz file and was able to contact JTAC. However, it makes no sense. The JTAC HMMWVs have no advanced waypoint actions and the only trigger is used to place smoke every 60 seconds. I have attached a screen shot of the empty advanced waypoint actions. . Every tutorial I have seen and everything I have read about setting up a JTAC would indicate this is not possible. How did you do this? I don't understand how this is working.

JTAC.thumb.jpg.f36a8e4027479aec0d03fed5205d3f75.jpg

Edited by Rob253up

OK, I think I can officially call myself a complete idiot. I see the waypoint actions here. It appears I was placing them in the wrong location on my file. This makes a lot of sense. You had a ton of patience dealing with me.

• 3 months later...
Glad you found the problem, good luck and have fun useing JTAC.

(until ABORT! ABORT! ABORT! and some missing features it is pretty funny ;) )

yes,when i use f14b drop gbu12,jtac remind me abort!abort!unpermission action!.and gbu12 did not recivive laser,fly like a free fall bomb.