TrackIR stops after DCS pause

Hi all,

I have a TrackIR 5 and use with DCS. If I pause DCS for a short period of time (< 5 mins) TrackIR still works. If I pause DCS for a longer time (~30 mins) when I come back TrackIR does not work. It has one green light still but not 2 green lights. I keep playing and eventually like 10 minutes later it magically starts working again. My computer display is set to sleep but not the computer. So computer going to sleep is not the issue. Could USB port be going to sleep? It is plugged directly into USB port on back of the computer (not USB hub). I have kids so getting 1-2 hours uninterrupted for a flight without a pause is basically impossible. :) Anyone have any ideas on what I could check or try?

Thanks!!

Windows 10 x64 | i5-9600K | ASUS RTX 2080 8GB | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 256GB & 1TB SSD | GIGABYTE Z390 | TM Warthog HOTAS | Virpil WarBRD | Slaw RX Viper v2 | TrackIR 5 | Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC

yep I noticed this the other night too, had to just sit there while i was hosting the server until the rest had finished

Custom built W10 Pro 64Bit, Intel Core i9 9900k, Asus ROG Maximus Code XI Z390, 64GB DDR4 3200 RGB, Samsung 1TB NVme M.2 Drive, Gigabyte AORUS 2080TI, 40" Iiyama Display. Wacom Cintiq Pro 24, HOTAS Virpil T50 Stick / FA-18C TM Stick and Virpil T50 Throttle, MFG Crosswind Graphite Pedals. HP Reverb

SPECTER

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lead Terrain Developer / Texture Artist

Did you disable power management for this device? (and in general for all your USB devices).

The only thing I have done is turn off the computer from going to sleep. How would I go about doing this? Device Manager or something like that?

Windows 10 x64 | i5-9600K | ASUS RTX 2080 8GB | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 256GB & 1TB SSD | GIGABYTE Z390 | TM Warthog HOTAS | Virpil WarBRD | Slaw RX Viper v2 | TrackIR 5 | Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC

Well, that's not gonna help at all. You have to go to your device manager and select each USB device connected, go to properties and uncheck the power management checkbox. One device after the other. Pain in the ... but this will solve all your problems.

Oh that sounds like fun. Will be well worth it if that works. I will try this tonight. Thank you!!!

Plugging in a USB memory stick wakes up my TrackIR if it ever gets stuck.

Like if I have a DCS crash to desktop, and start it up again, TrackIR sometimes doesn't register the game as started. Plug in said memory stick and voila!

Plugging in a USB memory stick wakes up my TrackIR if it ever gets stuck.

Like if I have a DCS crash to desktop, and start it up again, TrackIR sometimes doesn't register the game as started. Plug in said memory stick and voila!

Thanks! I'll give this a shot!