Bought UH-1 Disc Version on ebay - already activated

Hi,

I bought a copy of the UH-1 DVD version on ebay.

I wanted to activated the included serial number in my account.

But upon license check it seems that the lincese is already / still bound to another account.

Can I consider this fraud?

I suspect the seller had no clue about this, as it seems to be a regular shop..

I also suspect that the original license owner did this on purpose.

How can I proceed here?

Thanks and best regards,

Chris

Edited by skombijohn

I would contact ebay and the seller, for a refund. This isnt something that ED would be able to fix.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

The A10 and the Mustang were also released on disc but AFAIK nothing after that.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I don't think there has ever been a DVD version for the UH-1H, no? The last one that benefited from a physical support was BlackShark 1 I believe! And it was in 2009 or something.

The A10 and the Mustang were also released on disc but AFAIK nothing after that.

Haha yes there is. At least in Germany. The box is right next to me including a printed manual :)

It is genuine the real UH-1 module.

Besides the fact that Dr. Asspants bound it to his account and then sold it :ranting:

The big huge notice at the top of this forum is pretty self explanatory....

Yes, the sites mentioned are professional Key-Reseller stores. Buying keys there is straightforward stupid.

The version I bought, is a DVD Box that was (now obviously) pre-owned by a single person and put in a "second hand" store. The shop was not that clear about it being "preowned" or "used" really. Yeah, I could have thought so.

Anyhow.

I am pretty sure, that I will get a refund from that store on eBay, I am not worried about that.

I am just p****d about the person, who is still using that key, because that is where the fraud has started.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes there has been an official DVD version of the Huey, though it is pretty old. The charme about it is the low price and it works fine to activate it in DCS - yes, I have it as well.

Problem is not the DVD, but that the pre-owner already activated it.

Modules: all, except for the Dora

My missions: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/filter/user-is-Don rudi/apply/

Primary system: i7-13700k, RTX 4080, 32 GB, Win 11, Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha with 5cm extension, Virpil CM2 throttle, Virpil Ace Interceptor pedals, Virpil Rotor TCS base + Blackshark grip, Winwing Triple MFD and ICP, 34" UWHQD screen
Acer Nitro i7-10700, RTX 3060, 64 GB, Virpiel Rotor TCS base + Blackhawk grip, Virpiel Ace Torq pedals, 34" UWHQD screen

Well at least you have a collectors item for the shelf

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10