Through The Inferno (Georgian Coast) - Highly dynamic and endless task-based mission

@deadlyfishes

as I am on your server in a regular basis I noticed that the E3 AWACS does not interrogate bogeys as it´s supposed to (as per 03/03/2019) concerning the F18 datalink....Everything HAFU, UNK, no red icons and IFF/NCTR doesn´t seem to work as well concering F18 SA page.

If I hop onto 104th it works as intended (which tells me it´s not on my side)

Maybe you want to look into that with the next update. Unfortunately I am not a mission designer so I can´t tell what´s the matter.

But make sure all friendly fighters, such as AWACS, have EPLRS enabled, so that they contribute to the SA picture.

Thank you for runnning this server!

Edited by docWilly

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]my rig specs: i7-4790K CPU 4.50GHz, 32GB RAM, 64bit WIN10, NVidia GeForce GTX 980 Ti, SSD+

A10C, UH-1H, M2C, F5E, Gazelle, KA 50, F18C, DCS 2.5x OB

UPDATE 03/04/2019 - 1: v1.50

- Changed TACAN frequencies of ships/tankers to fix AWACS D/L for the F/A-18C

- Added RWR for the MiG-19P

- Removed static objects on carriers

"Through The Inferno"

Endless, Dynamic, Open-World Experience for DCS World

Some further experimentation (with and without mods; with and without any kind of changes to the mission; with and without hopping between roles; with varying points of loading into the mission), I've further narrowed down the issue with the F10 mission spawning menu not appearing.

It definitely relates to the menu being built once at the very start of the mission. Any client that is loaded in as the mission is unpaused at the very start gets the message that the F10 menu has been populated, and indeed get the spawning menu. Anyone who arrives later, no matter what else they try, simply do not get the menu. After a while, the EWRS and JTAC menus pop up, as they are repopulated on a timer. The mission spawning is not, so it does not.

The thing seems to be tied to client connection rather than actual role. A client that has received that “add for coalition” command used by MOOSE to build the menu will retain the menu over role changes; anyone who arrived later did not get that command and does not get the menu. I haven't tested if changing coalitions would reset the menu, but disconnecting and reconnecting means you have now missed the menu build and you don't get it so that's definitely a reset point.

It might be worth trying to look through how it was done in v1.17, and figure out why the menu worked there but not in these more recent versions.

❧ ❧ Inside you are two wolves. One cannot land; the other shoots friendlies. You are a Goon. ❧ ❧

Some further experimentation (with and without mods; with and without any kind of changes to the mission; with and without hopping between roles; with varying points of loading into the mission), I've further narrowed down the issue with the F10 mission spawning menu not appearing.

It definitely relates to the menu being built once at the very start of the mission. Any client that is loaded in as the mission is unpaused at the very start gets the message that the F10 menu has been populated, and indeed get the spawning menu. Anyone who arrives later, no matter what else they try, simply do not get the menu. After a while, the EWRS and JTAC menus pop up, as they are repopulated on a timer. The mission spawning is not, so it does not.

The thing seems to be tied to client connection rather than actual role. A client that has received that “add for coalition” command used by MOOSE to build the menu will retain the menu over role changes; anyone who arrived later did not get that command and does not get the menu. I haven't tested if changing coalitions would reset the menu, but disconnecting and reconnecting means you have now missed the menu build and you don't get it so that's definitely a reset point.

It might be worth trying to look through how it was done in v1.17, and figure out why the menu worked there but not in these more recent versions.

Great report and observation here. I think I'll look into using MOOSE methods to rebuild the menu logic. I've never tested this in MP, which is why I never saw this as a problem initially.

Thank you for your information, and I'll try to get this fixed soon in an upcoming update!

"Through The Inferno"

Any chance we can get more spanwable ground units? it is fun for Combined arms to spawn a tank and shoot at the enemy, would be funner still to be able to spawn SAM to shoot down enemy fighters and spawn other fun ground stuff like arty mlrs ect...?

or am I misunderstanding how to do that? I use the map and unit spawn stuff cause it seems like it is limited to 2 tanks and a few apc's and one aa gun?

Love the work!

Any chance we can get more spanwable ground units? it is fun for Combined arms to spawn a tank and shoot at the enemy, would be funner still to be able to spawn SAM to shoot down enemy fighters and spawn other fun ground stuff like arty mlrs ect...?

or am I misunderstanding how to do that? I use the map and unit spawn stuff cause it seems like it is limited to 2 tanks and a few apc's and one aa gun?

Love the work!

Yeah I was wondering about this too. Going up against a human controlled SAM or AAA is great fun. Also, deadlyfishes, would you perhaps consider making all the ground assets that support CA driveable? I usually edit the mission before hosting it on my private server in order to make the SAMs, AAA, tanks etc driveable, but if you could have this as a default it'd be much appreciated by those of us who enjoy Combined Arms.

Thanks again for your missions. Great fun!

I want to ask a stupid question.

I play this mission with my friend but they can't spawn mission.

I can see the radio menu of F10, but they can't see it.

You're probably experiencing the same issue I've been hunting in my previous post: the menu only seems to populate properly for people who are online and sitting in a plane when the mission is unpaused at the very start.

If they join in later, they most likely won't get the triggers/commands that create the menu.

❧ ❧ Inside you are two wolves. One cannot land; the other shoots friendlies. You are a Goon. ❧ ❧

You're probably experiencing the same issue I've been hunting in my previous post: the menu only seems to populate properly for people who are online and sitting in a plane when the mission is unpaused at the very start.

If they join in later, they most likely won't get the triggers/commands that create the menu.

I've been working on this a bit, I should have a solution soon enough...

The main problem is that the scripting engine has changed a few updates ago and caused this problem. This never used to be an issue a month or two ago... There are workarounds that im playing with. I'll let everyone know when there's a new update. I'm looking to have it figured out before the tomcat comes out next week

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

"Through The Inferno"

I've been working on this a bit, I should have a solution soon enough...

The main problem is that the scripting engine has changed a few updates ago and caused this problem. This never used to be an issue a month or two ago... There are workarounds that im playing with. I'll let everyone know when there's a new update. I'm looking to have it figured out before the tomcat comes out next week

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Nice!

I don't know lua well enough to really dive into it, but the way it changed from one version to another made it seemed like something very fundamental had changed in one of the frameworks, and I guess that would explain it: a scripting engine change that required a framework change, which in turn created a wholly unpredicted behaviour even though the outer code layer was almost exactly the same.

Nice!

I don't know lua well enough to really dive into it, but the way it changed from one version to another made it seemed like something very fundamental had changed in one of the frameworks, and I guess that would explain it: a scripting engine change that required a framework change, which in turn created a wholly unpredicted behaviour even though the outer code layer was almost exactly the same.

Could you try this version for me? I tried a "refresh" script for the menus;

https://www.dropbox.com/s/srpwlih7rhm05n3/Through%20The%20Inferno%20%28Georgian%20Coast%29%20v1.50m-test.miz?dl=0

"Through The Inferno"

I've only run it through a few quick tests, but it seems to be working. There have been a couple of odd message popups, where it seems to be triggering a different menu item, but I haven't looked hard enough to determine whether that's just the message queue taking a while to update from my spamming various triggers or if it's that I've managed to accidentally pick a trigger just as the menu refreshes, so DCS gets confused about where in the menu table I am or some such…

But yeah, at first glance, it works. Now we'll see what happens when I start being mean to it and add the extra aircraft spots and other assorted junk I want… :D

New update! OMFG TOMCAT HYPE!

UPDATE 03/13/2019 - 1: v1.51

- Added 2 F-14B slots to the mission

Note: I'm aware of the F10 Mission Spawning menus not working for anyone except for the host. I have a fix in place, but I need more time to test it to ensure it works properly. For now it's best ran with the host playing instead of using this mission on a dedicated machine if you wish to use the mission spawning and intel F10 menus.

"Through The Inferno"

UPDATE 03/14/2019 - 1: v1.51b

- Added INS Stored Alignment to all F-14B slots

(This significantly shortens the INS alignment time when using "Fine Alignment")

- Implemented new F10 Radio Menu logic that refreshes the menu regularly so that new players that join after the host will also have access to the radio menu.

- Fixed an issue where the friendly A2A backup units did not have any weapons loaded.

"Through The Inferno"

Hi,

i cant get this mission to work on latest open beta.

When loading throug normal mission interface it just hangs forever.

Any help on getting this to work is apreciated.

I can provide logs if someonme tells me which is needed.

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

i cant get this mission to work on latest open beta.

When loading throug normal mission interface it just hangs forever.

Any help on getting this to work is apreciated.

I can provide logs if someonme tells me which is needed.

Thanks in advance.

Hi, i also want to try TTI (tried PG, NTTR and Georgian)with the new F14. Got the same problem: DCS hangs and closes after about 2-3 minutes while trying to load the mission.

At the same time i get weird errors in Chrome "not enough memory". Maybe some kind of memory leak?

Tried to fix it with DCS repair, disabled all Mods, run as Admin, new Graphic Drivers installed.

Specs: Win10 Pro 1803, AMD 1700X, 16GB DDR4-3200, GTX1060 6GB

There's an ever so slight chance that some of that has to do with how some units are manually edited to be available to countries that shouldn't have them (most notably the Su-33, which is normally only available to Russia and thus not to any of the blue nations). You don't have to be all that careless in the mission editor to make the game flip out when trying to initialise the mission, so if you have gone in and made any edits to the spawning config, there's a chance that this behaviour has come to bite you.

So, does this happen when just loading the original, unmodified file, or have you made any changes to it?

Another thing that we noticed is that this latest build (and the F-14 in particular) has created a lot more memory and loading issues in general — we had to dial back some of our modifications to not have people crash out left and right, or make the server go comatose for a couple of minutes, just due to the number of different and demanding assets that were required for the mission.

In short, there are a whole bunch of DCS-level issues at the moment, and this mission seems to be just complex enough to trigger all of them at once. So with a bit of luck, future builds should improve things even if the mission doesn't change at all. :D

Hoi Deadlyfishes,

Got a bug I think. Has to do with the menu. After playing a while the reinforrcement menu starts calling hostile air missions instead of support. Got swarmed by 6 enemy planes before I figured it out!! :)

Heyyo! Yeah, there was a "fix" to the menus not appearing for co-op MP players.... There was a nasty side effect where sometimes items weren't lining up properly and aren't reliable as they were before in the first version.

The original script we were using for the last year or so basically gives menus to BLUEFOR, but after a few recent updates from ED this year, it broke and stopped giving menus to anyone except the host. In a purely solo situation it's fine but this mission is also great for small MP coop.

A fix was added a few days ago, but it's kind of buggy on my end as well. There is another fix I can try, but it might not come out for a few days on my end. If you want a copy of the new mission but with the original menu script (the one that only gives it to host) let me know, I can whip something up temporarily for you.

Hi, i also want to try TTI (tried PG, NTTR and Georgian)with the new F14. Got the same problem: DCS hangs and closes after about 2-3 minutes while trying to load the mission.

At the same time i get weird errors in Chrome "not enough memory". Maybe some kind of memory leak?

Tried to fix it with DCS repair, disabled all Mods, run as Admin, new Graphic Drivers installed.

Specs: Win10 Pro 1803, AMD 1700X, 16GB DDR4-3200, GTX1060 6GB

As the post above said, if you edit too many of my units on there, it might cause freezes and crashes since some units are tied to the scripting engine directly.

"Through The Inferno"

Hi Deadly,

That would be nice. Although I will look into it some more today. I have the impression that reinforcments work fine at least if I am on the Gudauta. I can before take off and landing call the F15 and F16 without problem. If I call the F18 I get an anti shipping strike. If I am airborne and away from the airfield I get additional enemy fighters when I call the F15 or F16.

I want to try out if the script works if I call the reinforcments when near the Carrier or Airfield. Might help you solve the issue.

RedeyeStorm

Can confirm that calling reinforcments work when within 5miles of carrier Or airfield.

Edited by RedeyeStorm
New info

Hi Deadly,

That would be nice. Although I will look into it some more today. I have the impression that reinforcments work fine at least if I am on the Gudauta. I can before take off and landing call the F15 and F16 without problem. If I call the F18 I get an anti shipping strike. If I am airborne and away from the airfield I get additional enemy fighters when I call the F15 or F16.

I want to try out if the script works if I call the reinforcments when near the Carrier or Airfield. Might help you solve the issue.

RedeyeStorm

Can confirm that calling reinforcments work when within 5miles of carrier Or airfield.

Issue was fixed today, see if this new version fixes the issue for you.

UPDATE 03/18/2019 - 1: v1.51c

- Further addressed and fixed an issue where EWRS and the MISSION SPAWNING radio menus were not properly working.

"Through The Inferno"

out of memory errors normally mean you have been cocking about with your paging file, its best left at windows managed, too many people out there making on that its bugged or under the influence of witchcraft, years ago in the days of windows nt configuring the paging file was a thing but with win 7 onwards its best left to windows to manage.

If you insist on configuring it yourself microsoft says it has to be up to 4 times your ram and on your fastest hard drive / ssd, although if you have 32gig plus of ram your paging file will be used less but it will still be required, when looking at your paging file remember that it is dynamically sized as needed, this means windows increases and decreases the size as its required (on the fly)

Thanks for your hard work Deadlyfishes

Issue was fixed today, see if this new version fixes the issue for you.

UPDATE 03/18/2019 - 1: v1.51c

- Further addressed and fixed an issue where EWRS and the MISSION SPAWNING radio menus were not properly working.

Just to report in from my regular group of trouble-makers — it seems to be very much improved, and it was pretty trivial to update with just the new scripts so as to not lose the other modifications we've made. Nice!

• 1 month later...

Sorry if this has been asked before, but does anyone know why my game loads to a black screen when I try to host a private server for friends? I will start the server, unpause the mission, look around for about 10 seconds before I lose all sound and have an abrupt black screen.