DCS: F-16CM Block 50 by EDSA Discussion Thread

NineLine

A good ACMI pod with collaboration with TACVIEW inside DCS MENU GUI for Red Flag will be super For RED FLAG

and CCMD colour multifunction display with map like A-10

Aslo a complete TFR and PCGAS avoidance if can happen

The dream just started lets help all to get it quicker and more realistic .

What is PCGAS?

What is a CCMD?

They said a circa 2007 USAF/ANG CCIP F-16C, no AAQ-13, so no TFR. Last time I saw an USAF F-16 with a AAQ-13 installed was in 51 FW, 36 FS, Osan AB, ROK on a Block 40 circa 2001.

Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

The only photos, videos or manuals that will be relative to this module (if it stays the same and nothing changes, which we all know it can) Would have to be from Shaw AFB (tail code SW), Misawa AB (Tail code WW) and Spangdahlem AB (tail code SP) circa 2007. By this time Cannon AFB had lost its block 50 IIRC. No other unit used this F-16 operationally.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

What exactly does this CCIP upgrade?

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3510701&postcount=243

To whom it may concern,

How many mavs will this version of the F-16 be able to hold on one rack? Can it carry the triple tier?

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

Below images of active duty 77th Fighter Squadron F16C block 50

77th FS Red Flag 2009

0TrDzS0.jpg

77th FS Nellis AFB Red flag 2010

100721-F-6593P-258.JPG

http://www.f-16.net/units_article91.html

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

Considering the history of the reaction from missed estimates I don't blame you for staying away from dates. There is too much to enjoy currently to think about this anyway. I will be ready to purchase when the announcement some for pre-purchase. Thanks for the great update Wags!

Look at the F-14 thread.. players now out with there pitch forks complaining on its taking too long for the F-14 to be released even though they fully new well when they pre-purchased it, the F-14 module would not be released until the end of the winter, Heat Blur made this very clear when it went up for sale.

DCS are dammed if they do dammed if they don't provide information.

Todays PC players want everything today and I'm not waiting mentality and have no clue as to what goes into making a module, I can only imagaine the amount of code, testing and cost that goes into an F-16 module.

Look at the F-14 thread.. players now out with there pitch forks complaining on its taking too long for the F-14 to be released even though they fully new well when they pre-purchased it, the F-14 module would not be released until the end of the winter, Heat Blur made this very clear when it went up for sale.

DCS are dammed if they do dammed if they don't provide information.

Todays PC players want everything today and I'm not waiting mentality and have no clue as to what goes into making a module, I can only imagaine the amount of code, testing and cost that goes into an F-16 module.

I'll have my pitchforks sharpened on the off chance the F-14 misses its March 20th date, because that's what was officially, and actually, promised. However, any kind of bitching prior to that is silly because, as you say, people were well informed when that end of winter was the ONLY promise being made (later refined to March 20th latest). Cobra set a very, very hard deadline and was not subtle about holding them to that deadline. And for that clarity, honesty, and acceptance of responsibility, HB gets roasted unnecessarily.

It's why I hope that ED quietly works on the F-16 while continuing on the Hornet, and avoids over-hyping the Viper until it's much closer to release. The Hornet has plenty to keep people busy, with new features coming out on a regular basis. There is too much time for the hype train to get up to speed (that train likely has a couple of F135 engines to boost it up).

And to be clear, ED doesn't necessarily need to have no updates. I'm personally thrilled with this update. But the more they seem to give, the more the community seems to demand. Continue the mantra "We're focusing on the Hornet, but work continues", and when we're much closer to EA release, start putting more specific info.

People will likely complain about the lack of info coming out, but whatever. You're getting Hornet updates (if you have that module) so you know stuff is getting done (that will need to be for the F-16 eventually anyway). It's not like ED is sitting on their hands. Ultimately the Viper and Hornet projects are closely related. Whatever pushes the Hornet forward helps, at least in part, the Viper. That's enough for me for now.

How many mavs will this version of the F-16 be able to hold on one rack? Can it carry the triple tier?

I worked on F-16 since 1997 to 2012. block 25 to 42 on 7 different bases and I have never seen an F-16 carry a LAU-88 (any version). Not in training, not while deployed flying combat missions. Never saw it on load barn (where weapons crews learn how to load them), so if the F-16 can carry it, it must have been above top secret.

Someone is bound to post picture of a LAU-88 loaded on an F-16, but like a posted earlier

The only photos, videos or manuals that will be relative to this module (if it stays the same and nothing changes, which we all know it can) Would have to be from Shaw AFB (tail code SW), Misawa AB (Tail code WW) and Spangdahlem AB (tail code SP) circa 2007. By this time Cannon AFB had lost its block 50 IIRC. No other unit used this F-16 operationally.

To whom it may concern,

I'm very happy to see we are getting such a current version "circa 2007" of this amazing aircraft.

I have only actually flown the F-18 a few times including the free weekend which definitely put me over the edge to into the buy category. I have very much enjoyed watching Wag's videos with the updates and rollout of all the weapons systems, avionics updates, etc. I also hope ED follows this model with the F-16.

It's also very much analogous to the real world development of these aircraft. When both these prototypes flew and came into service late 70' s early 80's a lot of these weapons systems and avionics did not even exist. The airframe has been retrofitted in various ways to carry GPS bombs, etc. It didn't just come right out of the gate with all these weapons and a helmet mounted display. The new generations of weapons had to be learned by the pilots, maintainers, etc. It really gives you an appreciation not only for the complexity of these aircraft but also how difficult it is to model these things in computer code in new ways nobody has ever done before.

Various high ranking USAF have even gone on public record to say that software development was one of the major delays of the F-35, millions of lines of code. I was wondering today if anybody has made an educated guess on how many lines of code DCS World is with all the modules, campaigns, etc. is and how many man hours of development that represents? I know Wags has mentioned it takes 5+ years for a full fidelity module like the F-18 but how many line of code is that? Just curious.

Trying to put the amount of modifications, upgrades, inspection of defective equipment or found design flaws in perspective; here is a list of some of the Time Compliance Technical Order (TCTO) of the F-16 in the last couple of decades.

[ATTACH]204578[/ATTACH]

This are just some of them circa 2010

To whom it may concern,

There are many guys here that work on different versions of the F-16, what is you guys input? What do you think?

To whom it may concern,

I am glad they picked a specific F-16, I have been saying that for years. This is from 2011.

Well, there is a problems. Not all block 50 have the same avionics, nor the same systems nor capabilities. If you want accuracy, again, you would have to be specific of the country, year and block.

To whom it may concern,

I am absolutely thrilled that ED finally opened pandoras box and are starting to build my beloved F-16C. I would guess that even more than the Hornet, the Viper has much larger community with demands for different kind of F-16C options and variants. This is historical. I guess the F-16C has become epic after so many years being present in the Amiga, Atari and PC platform. It has evolved over the years and will now be resurrected for real, with full graphics fidelity and VR in 2019/2020

I have a full tray of materials in my storage room for the F-16. Maybe materials that you don't even find on the web any longer ...

For this lovely bird the price tag can be anything between ZERO and 150 grand ;)

My CC is ready for EA

X-Plane 11.5x / DCS 2.5.6 / P3Dv5 / Aerofly FS 2 / War Thunder

Win10-x64 | ASUS Z390 Maximus VI | Intel i7-9700K @3.6GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB DDR4 | 6TB SSD Samsung 850 Pro | 2TB M2 PCI 4x | ASUS GTX 1080 ROG STRIX 8GB DDR5X | TM Hotas Warthog | Saitek Combat Pedals | Oculus Rift S

For this lovely bird the price tag can be anything between ZERO and 150 grand ;)

My CC is ready for EA

while i agree 100%... lets keep these thoughts in our heads, we dont want ED to realize they can charge some of us loonies a 5 times as much as we will pay it without a second thoughts :megalol:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i5 8600K OC @ 5.0GHz w/ Corsair H100i Liquid Cooler| MSI GTX 1080 OC Edition | 32GB DDR4 3600 | EVO 960 NVMe SSD | WD Black NVMe SSD

Win10 X64 | TrackIR 5 | HTC Vive | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS and Cougar MFDs | Saitek Combat Pedals

while i agree 100%... lets keep these thoughts in our heads, we dont want ED to realize they can charge some of us loonies a 5 times as much as we will pay it without a second thoughts :megalol:

Anything baby, anything ;)

X-Plane 11.5x / DCS 2.5.6 / P3Dv5 / Aerofly FS 2 / War Thunder

Win10-x64 | ASUS Z390 Maximus VI | Intel i7-9700K @3.6GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB DDR4 | 6TB SSD Samsung 850 Pro | 2TB M2 PCI 4x | ASUS GTX 1080 ROG STRIX 8GB DDR5X | TM Hotas Warthog | Saitek Combat Pedals | Oculus Rift S

For me it will be a western attack help, the AH-64D with the longbow radar. My second would be the AH-1Z I think was the other. The light attack helo.. tho the Russian Mi-24p will be fun..

Anyways this is about the viper, it's been my personal favorite for so long, seeing it done well in DCS World is going to be great.

As a couple others have said. With many other modules I like that they are getting them feature complete or close to done before releasing.. but I think doing the F-16 like they are currently doing the FA-18 will be great. The example above about how they deployed in the real world like that with updated over the years like we get over the months.. I like..

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i5 8600K OC @ 5.0GHz w/ Corsair H100i Liquid Cooler| MSI GTX 1080 OC Edition | 32GB DDR4 3600 | EVO 960 NVMe SSD | WD Black NVMe SSD

Win10 X64 | TrackIR 5 | HTC Vive | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS and Cougar MFDs | Saitek Combat Pedals

For me it will be a western attack help, the AH-64D with the longbow radar. My second would be the AH-1Z I think was the other. The light attack helo.. tho the Russian Mi-24p will be fun..

Anyways this is about the viper, it's been my personal favorite for so long, seeing it done well in DCS World is going to be great.

As a couple others have said. With many other modules I like that they are getting them feature complete or close to done before releasing.. but I think doing the F-16 like they are currently doing the FA-18 will be great. The example above about how they deployed in the real world like that with updated over the years like we get over the months.. I like..

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Not to OT, but i personally would prefer the AH1W over the AH1Z. Not necessarily because its more probable due to being a retired helicopter, but because it has a more versatile AGM loadout, although i can see why full on glass pits of the Zulu are desirable.

unlike the newer Zulu The Whiskey can use both TOW 2 series of missiles as well as the laser based Hellfire Missiles.

In most cases may as well have hellfire but as this paper writen by a USMC officer states its honestly a trade off in capability even in the real world.

https://apps.dtic.mil/dtic/tr/fulltext/u2/a510486.pdf

TOWs can attack targets through smoke screen wheras hellfires do have longer stand off range, and faster travel time to intended target but thier laser guidance is disrupted by Smoke.

This is important because modern potential adversary tanks like the T90 have laser warning systems ( shotra) which can automatically trigger Smoke grenades for cover if programmed, thus interupting laser guidance making a laser guided hellfire go stupid.

with a TOW missile, yes it has to be optically guided by the gunner, has less range, and travels slower, but VIA FLIR the gunner can still continue to see Tanks IR signature, and continue to guide TOW's.

Sure a Ah64D would be something nasty with that Longbow radar and radar guided Hellfires, but Id also say that either Ah1W or AH1Z are better options for DCS since they would be better able to operate in contested environment, They can arm Aim9L or M sidewinder missiles as self defense against enemy aircraft.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

Remember the incoming of Mi-24, F-4E and AH-1F previously.

Ah....( pun not intended) so it is indeed an AH1F not AH1S :megalol:

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Can we safely say that its time for the Viper to have its own section here on the ED forums? I know with the Discord groups guys are already talking squadrons that are being claimed and there is a pretty continuous conversation going on from tactics, the down and dirty of different models etc. Might be time to get the channel created and get posts organized... Just a thought.. .