Would you buy fictional maps?

ESAc_matador

Would you buy fictional maps?  

928 members have voted

1. 1. Would you buy fictional maps?

• Yes
    • No

It's not about realistic scenarios/conflicts, it's all about realistic places with realistic geography and with real information, of various kinds, from various sources other than the Eagle Dynamics univers. A lot of examples given by many of us so called Naysayers.

And I myself would really like to visit Georgia for its said geography, mountains, valleys, the Black Sea etc, and that is only because I have flown there in DCS.

Thanks for letting me see your point of view Holton.

Interesting and very valid.

My grate gripe is that there is nowhere to fly "realistic conflicts" or even Fictitious or made up realistic scenarios OTHER than cold war gone Hot at Georgia. Even tho the planes are as real as it gets and the geography too.

My grate inconvenience is that being in the wrong place , kills my immersion.

let me rephrase that, only being able to combat in Georgia for over 12 years. So hopefully I wont be stuck at Iran for too long ;)

No, definitely not.

I want to fly over earth and according to earth history. Why not contacting Orbx in Australia?

Maps like Afghanistan (1), Afghanistan (2) , Vietnam, Korea, New Guinea, Solomons, Marianas should depict our military heritage with that museal dream beasts we can fly now with DCS.

DCS should not become a second Arma 3.

No, definitely not.

I want to fly over earth and according to earth history. Why not contacting Orbx in Australia?

Maps like Afghanistan (1), Afghanistan (2) , Vietnam, Korea, New Guinea, Solomons, Marianas should depict our military heritage with that museal dream beasts we can fly now with DCS.

DCS should not become a second Arma 3.

Same for me.

Thanks for letting me see your point of view Holton.

Interesting and very valid.

My grate gripe is that there is nowhere to fly "realistic conflicts" or even Fictitious or made up realistic scenarios OTHER than cold war gone Hot at Georgia. Even tho the planes are as real as it gets and the geography too.

My grate inconvenience is that being in the wrong place , kills my immersion.

let me rephrase that, only being able to combat in Georgia for over 12 years. So hopefully I wont be stuck at Iran for too long ;)

I think location is definitely tied into the realism of scenarios. As much of a hotspot the Black Sea/Caucasus region is, it's not a likely area of the world for the U.S. and Western Europe to become militarily involved in and most analysts in the know would tell you the same thing.

For one, the U.S. doesn't have any sort of mutual defense commitment with any country in the region. Even if they did, an argument can be made it could actually decrease the likelihood of war because of the deterrent effect an American presence would have. That's certainly not a convincing argument for increasing military presence and ties in the area, but it does show a lot more goes into the making of a war than simply hostility.

U.S.-Russia scenarios are among the least realistic in the sense they've never happened and are unlikely to occur, which is precisely their appeal. But I think scenario designers have gotten far too carried away and are reinventing the wheel at this point. This is why having a more diverse array of maps is important - it'll allow for a broader range of scenarios as well. Then again, that assumes they don't resort to U.S.-Russia scenarios in places like Africa as well. :lol:

• 4 months later...

I still want something like this. I would pay a bucketful for a map with an exotic landscape. It would be a dream fulfilled to fly in the floating Hallelujah Mountains from Avatar!Samson.jpg.c00f509bcc566cc0d25f122ae175e582.jpgdownloadfile.jpg.f0a117018a0c2d91a9e0c2f58e23e64c.jpgmaxresdefault-1.thumb.jpg.ae24572954227d771485b43d4c29b96e.jpgmaxresdefault.thumb.jpg.ae090a136e121c2fb9f6ee9852305229.jpg6eab09d57597a97358f29e931f1935c1.thumb.jpg.88f609bf1b7f6e8c47f5406a16442e99.jpg0c47b21f54b553006408f6968e089cca.thumb.jpg.d5f48d0d7e9d4beaf55a42750f41e103.jpg

And helicopter pilots would love this map especially

Hardware: T-50 Mongoose, VKB STECS, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, RTX 3090, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: AH-64D, Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, F-16C, F-15E, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

Maps: Normandy, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria

It’s a no from me. We demand realism from the developers in every aspect of our aircraft modules, to “fly” such technical aircraft in an airy-fairy-world defeats the whole object of having realism in a simulator.

Don't care. It's fun.

Hardware: T-50 Mongoose, VKB STECS, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, RTX 3090, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: AH-64D, Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, F-16C, F-15E, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

Maps: Normandy, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria

Normandy '44 is "fictional" just enough for me. No thanks.

Fairytale maps in a type that for example Magic Zach likes are definitely something that may appeal to some, even in this community. Would a developer risk creating one? I doubt it.

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

Definitely NOT buying fictional maps.

Absurd, in a realistic simulation which is DCS.

Mainboard: ASUS Maximus X Hero Intel Z 370

CPU: Intel Core i7-8086K @ 4.0 GHz

Memory: 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4-3000

Graphics Card: ASUS NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 10GB

Monitor ASUS PA 329 32" @ 4K

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 256 GB

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 4 TB

Windows 10 - 64 V. 2004

CH Pro combatstick, throttle and pedals

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

No on the fictional maps

Spoiler:

MSI Z790 Carbon WIFI, i9 14900KF, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 4090, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate MCG Pro w/200mm Extension, Winwing Orion Rudder Pedals W/damper, UTC MK II Pro, Virpil TCS Plus Collective, Dell AW3418DW Gsync monitor, 970 Pro M2 1TB (for DCS), Playseat Air Force Seat, KW-980 Jetseat, Vaicom Pro, 3X TM Cougar with Lilliput 8" screens. Tek Creations panels and controllers.

Depends. If it was a good map, possibly though I'd want several historical maps checked off first: 2003 and 1991 Iraq, MiG Alley, Vietnam, Midway, Iwo Jima...

Specs & Wishlist:

Core i9 9900k 5.0Ghz, Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero, 64GB G.Skill Trident 3600, Asus RoG Strix 3090 OC, 2TB x Samsung Evo 970 M.2 boot. Samsung Evo 860 storage, Coolermaster H500M, ML360R AIO

HP Reverb G2, Samsung Odyssey+ WMR; VKB Gunfighter 2, MCG Pro; Virpil T-50CM v3; Slaw RX Viper v2

• 2 weeks later...