DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone

Ciribob

OK,

So we're trying to get this working with no luck. Are there better instructions for setting this up and ensuring everything is where its supposed to be?

Whats here is a little vauge...

Sierrra

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

OK,

So we're trying to get this working with no luck. Are there better instructions for setting this up and ensuring everything is where its supposed to be?

Whats here is a little vauge...

Sierrra

It should in theory be as simple as download from here: https://github.com/ciribob/DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone/releases/download/v1.0.8.0/DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone.zip

Extract ALL the files, then run the installer from where ever you extracted all the files from.

But i'm guessing you tried that!

I've done a video but its going to take all night to upload. I'll post a link here when it's done :)

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

It works for all aircraft. Make sure you try this new update as your export.lua may have been messed up by the installer for 1.0.7.0 but the 1.0.8.0 version fixes it.

Are you sure that all the radios were powered up ok?

I will hopefully do a quick video this afternoon demoing the latest version to make it easier :)

HI Ciribob,

I found the issue I was having. In the Export.lua file, from a long time ago was a bunch of code for one of the Apps to exports the CDU and UFD to a tablet. I removed all that code and left the code for the Simple Radio and it worked fine now. It was interfering with your code I think.

Keep up the great work.

Specs: It's a computer...it runs DCS....

Audentes Fortuna Juvat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I was having problems with the huey. I could turn volume up but none of my hotkeys were working. I could not change radios or use PTT. I have lastest update.

Update was great! We tested with 5 guys and worked very well. :thumbup:

I found my problem. I found I have to use the intercom selector. For others you can map the Intercom model 1,2,3 to match your hotkeys for other planes. I found intercom 2 is radio 1, intercom 3 is radio 2 and intercom 1 is radio 3.

Edited by mia389
found my problem

It should in theory be as simple as download from here: https://github.com/ciribob/DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone/releases/download/v1.0.8.0/DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone.zip

Extract ALL the files, then run the installer from where ever you extracted all the files from.

But i'm guessing you tried that!

I've done a video but its going to take all night to upload. I'll post a link here when it's done :)

Yeah...I guess > I < was a little vague describing what we'd tried to do to get it working.

We downloaded, unzipped, ran the installer. Downloaded and unzipped files on Server machine, did not run installer. (Not sure about this step)

Opened UDP / TCP Ports on server and launched Server.

Launched Clients, Configured hotkeys, made sure audio was set to both for all three radios.

Connected to server...Connected to Game...Turned on radios...Turned up Volume on each radio...Keyed radio...Nothing heard.

Would sending Export files for review help?

Sierra

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

Yeah...I guess > I < was a little vague describing what we'd tried to do to get it working.

No worries! :)

It sounds like you've done everything right!

I'd first check your local installation is correct by Running the server on your local PC (just run don't worry about ports)

Use your client to connect to the local sever by using 127.0.0.1 as the IP

Load up a single player mission and jump in whatever aircraft you like. A non fc3 is a better test though.

Press bound ptt and you should see the overlay radio frequency go white for your selected radio. Selected one has a green dot. You should also see correct radio frequencies. If not it points to the export.lua being the issue.

If that's working your local install is good. You can also launch the client a second time and connect again so two are connected and you should then hear yourself.

Next double check port forwarding again on remote server and make sure player export is ticked in server options.

If that doesnt work, jump on buddyspike server and use the simpleradio there. IP is 147.102.19.134. If that works it points to an issue on your server.

Hope that helps!

Video is still processing on YouTube but from what you've tried it probably won't help you much.

Btw do you use Helios or anything else that needs export.lua modifications?

Edit: yeah post export.lua and yes don't run the installer on the server, no need :)

Second edit: use a joystick for ptt not a keyboard. Removing keyboard support in the next update as when DCS is in the foreground I can't detect keyboard key presses

Edited by Ciribob

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

Finally got round to doing an Installation and overview video, sorry it took a while. Hope this is useful! It also runs through the radios for pretty much every aircraft.

If you'd like to help with this project, please help me fill in this sheet of radio info! It'll also help correct any mistakes I've made with the Radios.

I need your help!

LINK: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tzd996zJ1t0heZ-t1PpL7vNUIZbXl7pI6De0GThN1Qw/edit#gid=1869108790

Once I know all the power and gain values I can then start on the Distance Limitations but I can't do it without the data.

Feel free to copy and post links to edits or post below and I'll update. I'll also add to the original post

Edited by Ciribob

No worries! :)

It sounds like you've done everything right!

And we had... The issue was we assumed when we set the Radio hotkeys in controls to specific Warthog buttons, we were setting the PTT for that radio. We didnt realize it was a Two step process. Once we figured out we were selecting a radio then using a separate action to actually talk... it worked.

Now our question is...is it eventually planned that the appropriate radio PTT button will activate the appropriate radio or will it always be a 2 step process?

Sierra

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Every aircraft have a radio selector switch and ONE MIC switch right? The MIC switch will always activate the selected radio. So we want it as close to reality as possible please.

No that's not correct. The A-10C has 3 radios and 3 independent mic switches. The F-15C has at least 2 and the F-18C has 2 or 3. (Not sure if Hornets have low band.)

Sierra

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

The Simpleradio depends of the implementation of the systems in the sim and the existence of the respective connectors in the clickcabledata.lua

In the A-10C, the hotas doesn't have connectors to export the values of the mic switch. This is the reason for the "2 steeps mic".

If the Hotas model in the EDM is updated with connectors for the Lua, SR will be updated to reflect this. As Sierra says, it will be a "one steep mic" like in RL.

The same is applicable to the M-2000C. If the "switch to select and talk" is implemented and has the connector for the Lua, it will be updated.

This type of update has been done for the Huey and the Hip, so it's easy to implement.

Edited by Tarres

No that's not correct. The A-10C has 3 radios and 3 independent mic switches. The F-15C has at least 2 and the F-18C has 2 or 3. (Not sure if Hornets have low band.)

Sierra

Yes you are right, my bad. There is one switch but it has 4 states on the A-10C. To early morning here :noexpression:

The Simpleradio depends of the implementation of the systems in the sim and the existence of the respective connectors in the clickcabledata.lua

In the A-10C, the hotas doesn't have connectors to export the values of the mic switch. This is the reason for the "2 steeps mic".

If the Hotas model in the EDM is updated with connectors for the Lua, SR will be updated to reflect this. As Sierra says, it will be a "one steep mic" like in RL.

Sierra

Yes it will be in the next release as an option. If enabled it'll apply to all aircraft that allow the radio to be switched with Hotkeys - all FC3, Mirage, A10c and Gazelle. :)

Tarres is right as well that if the A10c had connectors defined then I could add it just for the a10c in lua the same as the ptt in the Huey but unfortunately it doesn't so will be done with the external hotkeys.

The link to the Google doc a few posts up shows the radio configuration for every aircraft and how the ptt can be controlled and radio switched.

Hope that helps and glad you got it working! The video was useful! :D

Gonna stop spamming the thread, but just wanted to say keep up the awesome work Ciribob.

Best thing to happen to DCS!

"Hard to imagine bigger engine. its got a beautiful face and an arse built like sputnik." - Pikey AKA The Poet, on 37 Viggen.

Ciribob, I will send you a doc later but as a summary for the FC3 and Gazelle:

A-10A and F-15, radio selector and PTT combined, like the A-10C

Russian birds, radio selector (SPU system) independent of the PTT. Like the KA-50 or the Hip.

Gazelle: radio selector like the Huey and PTT in the trigger: 1st detent intercom, 2nd detent radio. Like in the Huey.

109, 190 and 29, one radio.

Edit: in the 1.5.4, the M-2000C has a working "select radio and Talk switch" so it can be redone like the A-10C in the next update of the SR like you said. Their EDM model has the new throttle model (RDI model) and a number of new connectors for the HOTAS hats and switches, not linked yet to the LUAs.

Edited by Tarres

Ciribob the only other "issue" we noticed was the audio was quite low. My partner and I both had to turn up our PC volumes and reduce the in game levels to make it work. Not sure if this is something that can be adjusted and not a complaint. Just letting you know our thoughts.

Fix the PTT issue, add Secure voice and Online Gaming will be dramaticlly different.

Nice Work

Sierra99

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Finally got round to doing an Installation and overview video, sorry it took a while. Hope this is useful! It also runs through the radios for pretty much every aircraft.

If you'd like to help with this project, please help me fill in this sheet of radio info! It'll also help correct any mistakes I've made with the Radios.

I need your help!

LINK: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tzd996zJ1t0heZ-t1PpL7vNUIZbXl7pI6De0GThN1Qw/edit#gid=1869108790

Once I know all the power and gain values I can then start on the Distance Limitations but I can't do it without the data.

Feel free to copy and post links to edits or post below and I'll update. I'll also add to the original post

AN/ARC-27

225 to 399.9

Power 9 Watts

Source: [ame=http://www.virhistory.com/navy/manuals/94200/94200.1a_9-5.pdf]www.virhistory.com/navy/manuals/94200/94200.1a_9-5.pdf[/ame]

Many other radios in there as well, look to Page 11 for the AN/ARC-27

Cheers

Rob

A-10a/C

AN/ARC-164 - 10 watts

http://www.raytheon.com/capabilities/products/arc164/

ARC-186(V) - 10 W minimum (AM/FM), 16 W maximum (FM) into 52 ohms

https://www.forecastinternational.com/archive/disp_old_pdf.cfm?ARC_ID=93

[ame]http://radionerds.com/images/8/80/TM_11-5821-318-12.PDF[/ame] (NICE INFO!)

CA / Spectator - Single Channel Ground and Airborne Radio System (SINCGARS)

http://fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/land/sincgars.htm

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SINCGARS

[ame]http://fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/land/docs/sincgars.pdf[/ame]

( Appendix A Good information regarding different radio sets and applications)

I'll post more later from work.

Sierra

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Ciribob the only other "issue" we noticed was the audio was quite low. My partner and I both had to turn up our PC volumes and reduce the in game levels to make it work. Not sure if this is something that can be adjusted and not a complaint. Just letting you know our thoughts.

Fix the PTT issue, add Secure voice and Online Gaming will be dramaticlly different.

Nice Work

Sierra99

For secure voice, is there any documentation on it? I assume if your codes match youre all good otherwise you hear a garbled mess?

For the volume issue, try dragging the slider to the right on the connection window. It'll boost your mic volume. Might help!

Thanks for all the links guys, I'll update the document later tonight. I really appreciate it! :)

I might try and do a release tonight as well adding optional modifiers to hotkeys, the new improved server admin window and the radio switch ptt. If I run out of time, then tomorrow!

With regard to the audio issue, we both had to turn our mic gain all the way DOWN for our transmissions to be clear / un garbled. It's definately a subjective issue. (I have about 7000 hours flying tankers so my hearing my not be the best reference point) I'll play with it a little more tonight when I get home. Like I said, far from a show stopper.

Look for a PM regarding the secure voice.

Sierra

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Mind A-10C defaults to 0 volume in the pit when you join, Beamrider. There's artifical secure comms in that its seperated from RED/BLUE anyway, not sure if any other implementation will achieve anything better.

Switching the radio "in focus" is quite a tricky event at speed. The airframes all have different ways of achieving it. I'm struggling to believe in the real world they do as much channel dancing as I've done. I'm tempted to ask for simplifications like either one button PTT and one for rotating through the radios or just three PTT's rather than the four we need right now. Buit open to thoughts on that.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

There's artifical secure comms in that its seperated from RED/BLUE anyway, not sure if any other implementation will achieve anything better.

The big difference between realistic secure comms, such as in Aries and UR and only hearing your coalition is that with realistic secure comms you can only secure certain radios and certain frequencies (normally only a single radio) and everyone can still hear that you're transmitting, they just can hear what you're saying unless they have the right key (they just hear static).

So in short a coalition based system is far too good in a sense. For example, even if you can't hear what's being said, you can still transmit on the same frequency and either spoof others (they will hear you fine) or jam comms by saturating the frequency.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes

turned skyward for there you have been, and there you will always long to return"

Neck.png

132nd Public documents - Want to apply? - 132nd Youtube channel - 132nd Discord Channel

Regarding Radio Data for the A-10C

Min Max Guard Channel Radio Power (dBm)

AN/ARC-164 UHF 225.00 399.975 243.00 40

AN/ARC-186(V) 116.000 151.975 121.5 40

AN/ARC-186(V)FM 30 87.975 40.5 42

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL