Speed, Altitude, Formation, ROE, etc is for which Waypoint to which Waypoint?

GrEaSeLiTeNiN

Hi,

The properties (speed, altitude, ROE, formation, etc) that we input for any waypoint, say WP2, are they to be executed by the AI from WP2 to WP3 or from WP1 to WP2? Speed would appear to be the speed required from WP1 to WP2 because the ETA at WP2 increases when speed is reduced. But I'm not sure about altitude, ROE, formation, immortal, etc. I would think these are effected only from WP2 to WP3+ until such time as they are commanded otherwise.

Appreciate your answers, thanks.

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Gigabyte RTX 3070 Gaming OC 8GB | 32GB Adata Spectrix D50 3600 Mhz (16x2) | Asus B550 TUF Plus Gaming | 2TB Aorus Gen4
HOTAS Warthog | TrackIR 5 |
My Files | Windows 10 Home x64

Each property is what that unit should be at when passing the waypoint, but when enroute to the next WP they will change the value accordingly.

So an altitude of 5000 on WP1 with an alt of 10000 on WP2 means the AI will start at 5000 and climb to 10000.

Stuff like ROE and formation are more considered to be tasks that get set on a given waypoint.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

• 2 weeks later...
Each property is what that unit should be at when passing the waypoint, but when enroute to the next WP they will change the value accordingly.

So an altitude of 5000 on WP1 with an alt of 10000 on WP2 means the AI will start at 5000 and climb to 10000.

Stuff like ROE and formation are more considered to be tasks that get set on a given waypoint.

Thank you! So things like ROE/Invisible/Immortal - if set to ON at WP1 and OFF at WP2, will it stay ON all the way to WP2 or will it change in the middle between WP1 and WP2?

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Gigabyte RTX 3070 Gaming OC 8GB | 32GB Adata Spectrix D50 3600 Mhz (16x2) | Asus B550 TUF Plus Gaming | 2TB Aorus Gen4
HOTAS Warthog | TrackIR 5 |
My Files | Windows 10 Home x64

ROE, invisible, etc are from the waypoint you set them until you turn them off.

If you never turn them off, they last forever.

This is different from speed and altitude that only last until the next waypoint.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files