[REPORTED] A10 CCIP target elevation feed (Possible bug)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I've figured out what the problem is. The CCIP solution is not using the DTS elevation of any SPI but is instead using the DTS elevation directly below the aircraft. This is basically acting as the radar altitude source mode; bombs will land above the pipper when the relative height directly above the ground is greater than the relative height above the target, likewise bombs will land below the pipper when the relative height directly above the ground is lower than the relative height above the target. This seems like a huge oversight considering that the DTS elevation of the SPI will be used for a level drop in CCRP.

Sounds like a solid analysis. I recommend you collect some evidence (video or trk file) and post to the bugs channel to see if ED will acknowledge.

Custom Pit 476 Recruiting

i9-12900KF, 32 GB DDR5, Gigabyte Aorus Z690 Master, Gigabyte RTX 2080 Ti, 1TB Sabrent Roket 4+ 2x750GB RAID-0, TrackIR 5 /w clip, CRG9 49” Curved Ultrawide Flight Display+15" Touchscreen+17" Gauges display, Thrustmaster Warthog+7.5cm, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, Streamdeck, Butt Kicker and pneumatic G-Seat

Forums Signature V4_500x100_20220716.png

Forums Signature V4_500x100_20221002.png