Radar Cursor FCR

Alamovampire

Ok, this will mark the second time I have tried to post this. I am as far as I know a valid member of this forum with posting ability as I know I have posted in at least one thread, but, when I tried yesterday the forum said I had no permissions and demanded I log in AGAIN after being logged in already. Ok enough complaining about the forum, onto the problem in the title.

Ok, here is the problem with my F-16C: I go to move my radar cursor on the FCR and when I move it right or left it moves exactly as expected. Nice and quick. HOWEVER, I go to move it up and down? It moves sluggishly if it bothers to move at ALL.

Before someone asks, no, this is not a joystick issue. How do I know? Allow me to list:

1. I am running on a rig that is IDENTICAL to someone I know. It was built IDENTICALLY by this person. Same components and everything. We run the SAME make and model of flight control set up, the X56 from Logitech bought <me in late January> his was purchased about a week or two after in early February.

2. Our drivers are IDENTICAL, as in updated the same day with in minutes of each other, prior to this issue starting on 3-24-20.

3. Behavior only exists on the F-16. Does not exist on the F-18 which has the SAME EXACT HAT switch bound IDENTICALLY for the SAME EXACT FUNCTION and on the hornet it behaves exactly as one would expect, swiftly and smoothly.

Ok, that said, here is what I have done to try to figure this out:

1. Used the DEFAULT KEYBOARD BINDS from Eagle Dynamics. Right and Left: as expected, swift and smooth. UP/DWN: sluggish to glitchy jumps if it bothers to move.

2. Unplugged and Replugged the joystick. No change.

3. Shutdown and restarted my computer too many times to count.

4. Same with DCS. Restarts galore. Both steps 3 and 4 have yielded no change in behavior.

5. Went and pulled new skins from my F-16 as I assumed maybe that caused the issue. NOPE.

6. Went absolutely nuclear and removed the module, restarted DCS and reinstalled the module. Absolutely clean with no trace of the aforementioned skins 1 step above, and zero change in behavior.

History of this behavior:

3-23-20: Flying around and all is right with the world. Even scored a few PvP airborne kills and a few PvE airborne kills using the FCR as intended with all expected appropriate behaviors. Session started around 1130-1150pm central time usa. Session ended around 0200central time usa 3-24-20. Shut down DCS and the computer.

3-24-20 Started DCS up around 1150pm CTUSA, went into a multiplayer server, chose the f-16 and found that suddenly the above listed behavior had begun. Spent until 0200CTUSA 3-25-20 trying to diagnose/fix this using steps 1-5. Then tried to post here only to met with my opening complaint about the forum bouncing me. Gave up. Shut down the PC.

3-25-20 Tonight, 1130pm CTUSA tried steps 1-4 omitting step 5 as I never replaced the skins into the game, added in step 6 which was step 5 tonight I suppose. 1140pm CTUSA came here to this forum to post this thread or at least attempt to.

Additional information and some recaps:

1. Behavior is only being seen by myself. 0 clue what caused it and 0 clue how to get you to duplicate it.

2. Behavior is ONLY being seen on the F-16. The behavior is NOT being seen by me on the F-18 with has the SAME EXACT HAT switch bound IDENTICALLY for its cursor on the various screens on the cockpit.

3. On TWO IDENTICAL RIGS down to the last bloody components, why is this behavior being seen by me and not the identical rig?

Ok, so there you have it. What exactly is going on here, is ANYONE ELSE seeing this?

edit: yay it posted, now to await any potential information. please anyone who can assist please assist.

Compare the movement of the white axis bars in the axis binding window. See if your vertical one is moving as far as the horizontal one. If it isn’t click on it, go into axis tune and see if you have the saturation turned down for some reason.

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

@(504)Blade and @Deano87 :

I just had the chance to go into my copy of DCS and the entire time I kept saying to myself: It is a hat switch why on earth would it need AXIS control? BUT, I soldiered on, and to my dumbfounded astonishment, under the axis thingy there was a command for the RDR Cursor and low and behold somehow <I sure did NOT do this> it had axis assigned to my bloody throttle. I quickly removed them by clearing their fields and wham cursor was back to normal. Something curious caused that, no clue what. But thanks to you both, I now have the ammunition to keep a weather eye on whats going on and know where to check if this happens again. I tip my hat to the both of you. Thank you. I can safely call this matter closed until some new gremlin strikes up lol

@(504)Blade and @Deano87 :

I just had the chance to go into my copy of DCS and the entire time I kept saying to myself: It is a hat switch why on earth would it need AXIS control? BUT, I soldiered on, and to my dumbfounded astonishment, under the axis thingy there was a command for the RDR Cursor and low and behold somehow <I sure did NOT do this> it had axis assigned to my bloody throttle. I quickly removed them by clearing their fields and wham cursor was back to normal. Something curious caused that, no clue what. But thanks to you both, I now have the ammunition to keep a weather eye on whats going on and know where to check if this happens again. I tip my hat to the both of you. Thank you. I can safely call this matter closed until some new gremlin strikes up lol

Yep standard DCS trap - it will assign multiple axis controllers to a single axis. Not uncommon to have every axis option filled with available different axis controllers (and even button boxes and MFD buttons lol).

Have to do the usual 20 mins un-binding all the unnecessary controls every time you get a new module....which makes trying all these trials modules at the moment a PITA lol.

If you even so much as nudge another axis controller that is mult-bound it will take over that axis, which you find out if you have multiple sticks etc (sidestick for F-16, ctr mount for everything else in my case).

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

@VampireNZ I wonder why it behaves like that? I wonder if its a bug in the software of the core game? Sadly I know just enough about coding to be able to epically mess up code lol. Heck the only game I am or rather was comfortable enough to edit the actual code of the game was KSP, but its been soo long since I last played it, I have lost my confidence for editing its code lol. I just wish we could set up the major things like flaps, landing gear, speed breaks, radar controls and the like across the board once and not adinfinitum ya know?

Have to do the usual 20 mins un-binding all the unnecessary controls every time you get a new module....which makes trying all these trials modules at the moment a PITA lol.

Why would it take 20 minutes to just click Clear Category -> yes twice for each input device?

Do you have that many different devices?

Yeah I just clear everything initially and start from scratch to make sure I don’t end up with weird binding issues.

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.