Does your TrackIR view reset ingame if paused? How to keep current view?

Hi,

like two weeks ago I did a reinstall of Win10. With this I also installed the latest TrackIR Software. The version on my old installation was like 2 years old, but worked without any problem so I did not update it.

However, right now I am facing the problem that my view resets if I pause my TrackIR which is unfortunate and was not the case at least "some time ago". I always found it usefull to be able to set my view and pause it to keep if for some seconds. Its also helpful to select some switches when looking at an uncomfortable position.

I dont even know if this new behavior is the result of the new TrackIR software, a bug or maybe even an intended change by ED. Maybe I even just didnt notice, yet (did not fly much in the last weeks) . I just can say that I started noticing it around the reinstall which may be pure coincidence. I can just say that it was also present in the last days of DCS 2.2. Which I also played under my new install.

So my question is: How does it work for you? If you pause your view, does it stay where you looked at or does it reset? Does anyone of you have a solution how to reinstate this behavior?

Any help is appreciated! Thank you!

Edited by Ayindi

Sorry dont really want to bump this, but isnt there anyone who can tell me how pause and TrackIR is working for him? Maybe my question was not clear due to language difficulties so in a nuthshell I would really like to know basically 2 - 3 things.

1. Which TrackIR Software are you running? (I use 5.4.2 which is the latest)

2. In the Cockpit, you look left for example and pause trackIR, what does happen? Does it stay there or does the view reset to the center after like 0,5 seconds? (like for me since a few weeks)

3. Whatever happens for question 2, did it change some time ago and is it the intended behavior you are expecting?

It may sound like a very simple question, but the problem is that I just need to find some point to start my research at. Unfortunately, google does not give too many answers on this. Only some people with the same issue, but not necessarily for DCS. Right now I dont even know if this may be intended behavior for DCS. In case DCS now handles this differently I can at least stop looking for errors for my setup. So please some people just take the few seconds to answer those 3 questions above. That will possibly help me a lot!

Thank you!

Fortunately I found the reason and it was rather simple. In case someone stumbles over this some time in the future:

It seems that I have a new device in DCS: Headtracker which is rather new. I dont know where it comes from but I guess it may be some new or rather new default from DCS. It was also default mapped which I deleted. Now I only have TrackIR mapped for the headtracking and now pausing lets me stay where I looked at! I guess once TrackIR is paused and gives no signal , the "headtracker" takes over (which is not present) and since it gives no input it shows the default view until TrackIR signals are received, when its unpaused.

• 2 years later...
Fortunately I found the reason and it was rather simple. In case someone stumbles over this some time in the future:

It seems that I have a new device in DCS: Headtracker which is rather new. I dont know where it comes from but I guess it may be some new or rather new default from DCS. It was also default mapped which I deleted. Now I only have TrackIR mapped for the headtracking and now pausing lets me stay where I looked at! I guess once TrackIR is paused and gives no signal , the "headtracker" takes over (which is not present) and since it gives no input it shows the default view until TrackIR signals are received, when its unpaused.

Hi old post but I am having this same problem now. I need the Pause hotkey in TrackIR because of drift when looking at MFCDs. It's great when Pause TrackIR works but after a second the view just pops to the HUD. Don't you need the default HeadTracker under Axis Assign to map your TrackIR movements?

Edited by GrEaSeLiTeNiN

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Gigabyte RTX 3070 Gaming OC 8GB | 32GB Adata Spectrix D50 3600 Mhz (16x2) | Asus B550 TUF Plus Gaming | 2TB Aorus Gen4
HOTAS Warthog | TrackIR 5 |
My Files | Windows 10 Home x64

UPDATE: I found the problem and solution.

Problem: I had mapped a joystick button to "Natural Head Movement" (LCtrl+F1) as my cockpit view 're-center' function. The TrackIR "Pause" hotkey would work just fine until I used LCtrl+F1. Then the "Pause" hotkey would pause TrackIR and the view would remain at where you were looking but only for a second before jumping to HUD center view. I don't know why.

Solution: For that joystick button,

- In DCS Control Options, unmap LCtrl+F1 from that button and use F1 Cockpit View instead.

- In TrackIR software, map the "Center" hotkey to that button. Toggle - No. Trap - No.

Now the "Pause" hotkey will work as intended and not jump to HUD view.

Further info:

1. My "Pause" hotkey was mapped in TrackIR software to my mouse center scroll button (press). Toggle - Yes. Trap - No (because the center mouse button when double-clicked serves another function in DCS). I find this option convenient when you are going to use the mouse to work (click) on the MFCDs.

2. I would have liked to use "Natural Head Movement" as my re-center as it would bring me back to the view corresponding to my head position (as opposed to F1 Cockpit View). But having a working "Pause" is better.

Edited by GrEaSeLiTeNiN

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Gigabyte RTX 3070 Gaming OC 8GB | 32GB Adata Spectrix D50 3600 Mhz (16x2) | Asus B550 TUF Plus Gaming | 2TB Aorus Gen4
HOTAS Warthog | TrackIR 5 |
My Files | Windows 10 Home x64