Bombing Training Mission - Bomb won't drop??

Greyman

I am just giving the Anton a try, via the 2-day free trial, and have been going through the training missions.

When on the final training mission, the one on bombing, I cannot get any of the bombs to drop.

I have checked the forum and found a few threads on this, so I have double checked that I have all of the settings right. That includes making sure that the top circuit breaker in the front fuse box, has not mysteriously been switched off and making sure that i am pressing the same button on my WH joystick that i have mapped to bomb release. the bombing and fusing mode selector is set as per the instructions and the amber light is lit. There are bombs visible, under the aircraft by the way.

I must be missing something, but if I am, it might be a good idea for the training mission to point that out.

Never mind.

It would appear that Voice Attack and/or VAICOM Pro were in some way messing with the bomb release, as closing down Voice Attack and retrying the mission appears to have sorted the problem.

Now, all I have to do is figure out how I can use VAICOM Pro and this module together and whether it is worth the effort.

hmmm, it would appear that I can now run VA/VAICOM PRO alongside the Anton, without any "bomb dropping" issue.

I had closed DCS World, deleted the export.lua file, from Users/.../Saved Games/DCS/Scripts/ and restarted DCS, as installing the Anton might have been viewed as an update to DCS, but whether it was this or just a restart of DCS that solved the problem i can't say.

Also, it does look like the Vaicom Pro config window thinks this aircraft is the Dora variant of the FW-190, but I'll report that in the VP thread.

Also, it does look like the Vaicom Pro config window thinks this aircraft is the Dora variant of the FW-190, but I'll report that in the VP thread.

Yup - I noticed that as well.

Kein Anderer als ein Jäger spürt,

Den Kampf und Sieg so konzentriert.

Das macht uns glücklich, stolz und froh,

Der Jägerei ein Horrido!