Automatic cooling system not working

Snapage

On my end auto works fine, when i have flown Dora recently.

Same here..

Specs:

Asus Z97 PRO Gamer, i7 4790K@4.6GHz, 4x8GB Kingston @2400MHz 11-13-14-32, Titan X, Creative X-Fi, 128+2x250GB SSDs, VPC T50 Throttle + G940, MFG Crosswinds, TrackIR 5 w/ pro clip, JetSeat, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Oculus Rift, 27"@1920x1080

Settings:

2.1.x - Textures:High Terrain:High Civ.Traffic:Off Water:High VisRan:Low Heatblur:High Shadows:High Res:1920x1080 RoC:1024 MSAA:4x AF:16x HDR:OFF DefS: ON GCI: ON DoF:Off Lens: OFF C/G:390m Trees:1500m R:max Gamma: 1.5

I find that the FW190 overheats very easily, especially in a climb and I have to open the radiator manually to keep it cool.

I agree, something has changed. I used to defeat the Mustang AI without too much difficulty if I was concentrated. I could follow its crazy climbs using MW50 for a sufficiently long time to catch up and hit it.

Now, without any change in the mission, I find that my engine dies after a few yo-yo cycles. Not sure if the engine got worse or the AI performance got more unrealistic. The change occurred about 2 updates ago I believe. I did not try to override the automatic radiator control, always relied on the auto mode.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

I set up a mission with 50C ambient temp, Automatic flaps for cooling works ok, they were wide open all the time in this situation.

I think lot of servers bumping up air temps. maybe this is reason behind overheating.

When i testes it on aerobatic server i engaged mw50 and climb up to 30k at 250kph speed no problem with overheating.

BTW i love how this automatic air mass flow regulator works, at 50C i hit 1.7 ATA at take off :)

This is just marvelous. Thanks to ED by modeling those thing so deeply.

Edited by grafspee

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

I set up a mission with 50C ambient temp, Automatic flaps for cooling works ok, they were wide open all the time in this situation.

I think lot of servers bumping up air temps. maybe this is reason behind overheating.

When i testes it on aerobatic server i engaged mw50 and climb up to 30k at 250kph speed no problem with overheating.

BTW i love how this automatic air mass flow regulator works, at 50C i hit 1.7 ATA at take off :)

This is just marvelous. Thanks to ED by modeling those thing so deeply.

I will have to test it again but I found I could not climb at 400kmh without losing engine power. Maybe it's a different engine bug but when I kept an eye on temps when flying on Burning Skies I found temps going to high and I had to manually open the radiators to bring temps to normal.

Oil or Coolant was too high ?

In some cases Oil temp can go high, when you drop from High power to Low, in that case Coolant temp will drop down and cowl flaps are closing, but oil don't have separate oil cooler instead is using engine's coolant for cooling.

And here i think something is off because oil should heat up coolant and kept cowl flaps open until oil drain out of excessive temp(energy).

In my testing Coolant temp remain constant, But from unknown reason oil temp rise up when you reduce throttle.

Lets analyze it,

1 Coolant temp 100 C, 100%power and 50% power constant.

2 Cowl flaps at 100% power opened, at 50% power cowl flaps opened much less then at 100%.

3 Oil temp at 100% power oil sets at 115 C at 50% power oil starts to rise up to 130 and beyond when from 100 to 50 % throttle reduction occurs .

Now pls explain to me where is the magic. Oil temp drops to normal after some time.

Maybe this behavior is due to lower oil flow and it pick up more heat when passing through the engine.

Edited by grafspee

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

Oil or Coolant was too high ?

In some cases Oil temp can go high, when you drop from High power to Low, in that case Coolant temp will drop down and cowl flaps are closing, but oil don't have separate oil cooler instead is using engine's coolant for cooling.

And here i think something is off because oil should heat up coolant and kept cowl flaps open until oil drain out of excessive temp(energy).

In my testing Coolant temp remain constant, But from unknown reason oil temp rise up when you reduce throttle.

Lets analyze it,

1 Coolant temp 100 C, 100%power and 50% power constant.

2 Cowl flaps at 100% power opened, at 50% power cowl flaps opened much less then at 100%.

3 Oil temp at 100% power oil sets at 115 C at 50% power oil starts to rise up to 130 and beyond when from 100 to 50 % throttle reduction occurs .

Now pls explain to me where is the magic. Oil temp drops to normal after some time.

Maybe this behavior is due to lower oil flow and it pick up more heat when passing through the engine.

The oil did seem to be what increased the most.