Game mode or Sim mode, how to select a mode

Gpruitt54

I believe it can be set inside the mission but you can override that setting from your option "Game settings" under realism I think. Not sure any more as i have not tried game mode since Black Shark was a separate executable.

--Maulkin

Windows 10 64-bit - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X @ 3.7 GHz - 32 GB DDR4 3600MHz RAM - EVGA FTW3 RTX 3080 - Asus Crosshair VIII Hero motherboard - Samsung EVO Pro 1 TB SSD - TrackIR 4 Pro - Thrustmaster Warthog - Saitek rudder pedals - Lilliput UM-80/C with TM Cougars

One of these modes (though I don't remember if "flight" or "avionics" one) has some big fancy orange arcade-shooter-style drawings and indicators on the right side of the screen, so If you don't see them, then at least this one is off for sure :D.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

One of these modes (though I don't remember if "flight" or "avionics" one) has some big fancy orange arcade-shooter-style drawings and indicators on the right side of the screen, so If you don't see them, then at least this one is off for sure :D.

Thanks. So how do change from Sim Mode to Game Mode or Game Mode to Sim Mode?

This has always been a well guarded secret in DCS titles.

Yep there are two options. Flight mode is the flight model, whether you want your aircraft to handle more like the real thing or just in a much easier to fly, more arcade way. Avionics is for how complicated and realistic you want the controls to be. Like for example shooting missiles or using the radar will require more steps and will be much more complicated in Game Avionics mode.

Basically Game flight mode and Game avionics mode are for arcade style gameplay.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 years later...

I recall in Flaming Cliffs or standalone A-10c that the mode showing in the Options/Controls page determined which mode the flight session would boot into..... what mode you chose in the pull-down; A-10c Game or A-10c Real.

Regardless, the tip in here about it available on an options screen is huge help.