Wags worlds on SimHQ

Sorry by fordward your worlds but some data has very important (for me and the comunity)

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3602263/Re_New_Combined_Arms_Screensho.html#Post3602263

Just to manage expectations, please do not expect ground vehicle control to be at the level of SB Pro. In this first iteration, it would be more akin to the Battlefield series. However, where it dramatically differs from BF3 is operational scale, inclusion of online JTAC controllers (an outgrowth of some of our military projects), interaction with DCS air units, indirect fire systems, and the 2D Command Map. While 1st person control of many ground units is possible, it will not be possible yet to act as a FPS leg unit.

While the first release of CA will be a big step for us in the direction of the digital battlefield, it is just the first step and there are many areas we plan on fleshing out in coming years (control of AI air and naval units, FPS role, higher detail terrain, different types of artillery rounds, improved dust and smoke, etc.).

Thanks

It is somewhat unlikely and Far Far Far Future DCS: Navy operations and DCS:AWACS...... ;)

FPS has a great rol.. and very interesting on artillery rounds. Need search data to help.

Edited by Silver_Dragon

As for ideas & intentions, this is very good news indeed.

Still, always keep in the back of my mind, "Plans tend to change over time".

Regardless of DCS:Grunts & Ducks

What comes, comes. What doesn't ... doesn't.

We still get new toys to play with in the future - and so, the only thing being certain is the digital copy you download and install from the webshop ;)

(except when the testers forgot to check out MP with 32bit WinXP that is ... shame on you Nate! *wink-wink* j/k)

The mind is like a parachute. It only works when it's open | The important thing is not to stop questioning

I am fascinated by the imrpoved dust and smoke. Wags please add missile trail remodelling to that list. Infact, the best missle smoke was actually modelled back in the first FC1 release....nice and thick. Now... the smoke is almost hardly even visible.

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

Yes I read Wags post over at simhq and I read it as Wags longterm wish and it sure looks good! But of course plans changes over time but the general direction for the SIM must be in Wags post (unless he had to many beers before posting :) ).

(HJ)

and so, the only thing being certain is the digital copy you download and install from the webshop ;)

I'll say AMEN to that bro!

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

All this is nice, but I just don't think it's fair to have a SAM operator who can just point and shoot, and yet have a hog that takes multiple switches that need setting up for an attack. It's kind of a disparity in realism.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

As a "hog driver" I am looking forward to the challenge of finding ground units that will hide and defend themselves in a proper fashion. Point a click SAMs, not a problem if I'm playing my role correctly. The sim is the challenge.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]