HOTAS Warthog and slew

Sunjammer

Hm, could be. You could try to programm some commands using the Target software (to make sure it is broken or not).

I would ask the person you bought it from regarding the receipt (and also the broken switch).

I think TM has a 2 year warranty. You could also call their support (there is a free swedish phone number listed at their website) and ask about what to do.

• 3 weeks later...

Got another question about the slew, and cant seem to find the answer. I'm using the TM Warthog, and Ive played the maverick training mission several times now with no problems slewing/firing the agms in there. Now, Im messing around with the quick missions to get some more practice in, but I cant get the slew to work. Ive been using the TM WH, and the controls work in the training missions, but as soon as I make my mav screen SOI, Im unable to slew them using the switch on the throttle (which works during training). Ive set everything up the same, but stuck using the keyboard for the slew commands. Ive tried slewing the TGP as well, and that doesnt work either. Ive looked over my control settings, and everything seems fine, is there something I am just missing? Thanks for the help.

• 5 months later...
You may try adjusting the slew axis in the controls section of the sim.

I did a more shallow curve in the center, so I have a finer control where you want tiny adjustments.

I think I heard somebody telling the real life slew is more like a stick as the saitek x-65f has it on the throttle for the mouse, but I never saw the "real thing".

I think about trying to remove the "cap" from the slew and put a longer stick and cap on it :huh: ...still haven't enough courage to try it.

You could try putting a straw on it, looks like the knob doesn't offer much resistance.

• 1 year later...

Hey there,

sorry to reopen such old thread, but my issue fits here i think. I just bought a new HOTAS Warthog (finally yes yes yes :joystick:), but I am kind of disappointed with the throttle section.

First of all the left of those two throttle sticks is a bit "loose" as I can move it sideways a little (about 2 mm each way). Is this normal? As for myself I really wondered about the quality difference between the stick and the throttle :(

The second issue I am having is the HOTAS slew "stick". First of all it was very very sensitive and in my first flight with the A-10 i couldn't even place the TGP where I wanted it to be. So I adjusted the axis sensivity within dcs and now its far better already, but I was still not convinced by the controlls of the slew. I went into the normal windows joystick controllers window and everytime I slew in upwards or downwards (with my normal hand positioning on the throttle) it moves a little bit sideways on the vertical axis. I moved the throttle box around I tried to move the stick with one finger while watching the movement on the screen and on the stick and even while watching it was incredible difficult to just move the stick into one direction without moving it sideways (not to speak from the normal hand resting position). I think this fact does a huge amount towards the "sloopiness" I am experiencing. My question again, is this normal?

Thanks for your replies

See you in the skies, Heesh

Edited by Heesh

• 2 weeks later...

The second issue I am having is the HOTAS slew "stick". First of all it was very very sensitive and in my first flight with the A-10 i couldn't even place the TGP where I wanted it to be. So I adjusted the axis sensivity within dcs and now its far better already, but I was still not convinced by the controlls of the slew. I went into the normal windows joystick controllers window and everytime I slew in upwards or downwards (with my normal hand positioning on the throttle) it moves a little bit sideways on the vertical axis. I moved the throttle box around I tried to move the stick with one finger while watching the movement on the screen and on the stick and even while watching it was incredible difficult to just move the stick into one direction without moving it sideways (not to speak from the normal hand resting position). I think this fact does a huge amount towards the "sloopiness" I am experiencing. My question again, is this normal?

Thanks for your replies

See you in the skies, Heesh

I had the same issue, sent it back for warranty and got it back yesterday after a month. On the serial number I can see they just sent me another throttle unit. The Problem ist not as bad as with the last one, BUT STILL THERE! (I might go insane here)

When I move the X or Y axis always the other one lashes out too. I hope this time I can fix it with dead zones (last time didn't work) because the problem is less tangible than the last time. Anyone got tips here, or maybe some even got further experience with this?

Worst of all is, now the super smooth joystick is one of those 'grease' failures... I cam certainly not doing that myself after just buying it, the last one (joystick not throttle) worked much better.

(Same room on the left throttle on both products I had btw)

Edited by ApoNOOB

• 3 years later...
As for the having to "restart" the slew, that happens all the time for me though.

Its 2017 and that bug still exists. Really annoying

btw is there a way to just change the ministick for a analogstick like these on a gamepad? I tried it but i got only the button to work. And TM somehow is colorblind because all of the colored wires are wrong or had the ground wire the color orange back in the days the hotas came out?

PC: i7 6700K - GTX980ti - ASUS Z170P D3 - 32GB DDR3 - Samsung 850Evo - 5TB HDD

Displays: BenQ RL2455HM - Acer Pred. XB241H - BenQ RL2455HM

Controller: Modded TM WH grip on VKB Glad.2PRO, TM WH Trottle, TM MFD`s,

Saitek Rudder, 3xArduino Mega+Leonardo for AV8B panels, TIR5,

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...