New MIGs are coolers

Shinigami

New MIGs are coolers  

427 members have voted

1. 1. New MIGs are coolers

How many F's killed by MiGs vs. MiGs killed by F's since vietnam?

Besides, your statement is incorrect. The MiGs were not better, their performance characteristics were better in one part of the envelope, the F's characteristics were better in another.

Well it is really necessary to say it, not many, but not because F was better, cauze those that fly the Mig were idiots, I don't like mention the Cubans because you will accuse me of chovist and they were not against F it was against MIRAGE in Angola.

In Ethiopia F they didn't want to fight with us and they escaped from the Cuban pilots.

On the other hand the history records many more F destroyed by MIG that MIG destroyed by F.

I can also mention the exercises that the German and US make or made every so often, in which, the F always faced the MIG under advantageous conditions for them and anyway MIG came out winning, but if you don't believe me ask the German people of the forum.

Shinigami Out....

La guerra, asi como es madrastra de los cobardes, es madre de los valientes.

Cervantes.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On the other hand the history records many more F destroyed by MIG that MIG destroyed by F.

I think you haven't been reading your history records ...

I can also mention the exercises that the German and US make or made every so often, in which, the F always faced the MIG under advantageous conditions for them and anyway MIG came out winning, but if you don't believe me ask the German people of the forum.

Shinigami Out....

I know that you don't know what you're talking about :)

Iraqi pilots were fairly competent, it didn't help them. F-15's rolled over those MiG-29's like they were speed bumps at best, and Cuban MiGs wouldn't have done any better at all. Iraqi pilots weren't idiots - they knew what they were doing.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

MIG29K for sure.

Su 27 or 33 then.

Greetings

---------------------

Actually where Eagles fly, MiGs die wink.gif

And piloted by russian pilots?

Because wars where other countrys have migs but bad pilots, and no radars and more things...

I think you haven't been reading your history records ...

I know that you don't know what you're talking about :)

Iraqi pilots were fairly competent, it didn't help them. F-15's rolled over those MiG-29's like they were speed bumps at best, and Cuban MiGs wouldn't have done any better at all. Iraqi pilots weren't idiots - they knew what they were doing.

Sorry I didn't know that you were so genius that you can be inside my mind, but if you have doubts on the exercises search in Google, I know that is your source of information not books or documentaries Made by Deutsche Welle.

I won't begin a war on if the Iraqi pilots were good or bad, since I'm not a expert, They alway fly old mig-29 without any AWACS or GCI and outnumbered. The people that knows about that are the one that say so. Again search in Google.

On Cuban Mig we will never know cause there isn't any combat between US and us in modern airplanes, however with old and bad airplanes we destroy them in Giron.

HELL YEA

Better lest talk about the new DCS fighter plane, that I hope is an Mig-29M or a Mig-35 or even better a SU-50T though there isn't many spec on the plane

Edited by Shinigami

La guerra, asi como es madrastra de los cobardes, es madre de los valientes.

Cervantes.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Incorrect; there were other countries who had reasonably well trained pilots - Iraqi's among them ... their radars and weapons worked, too. I know, sometimes the truth stings a bit ;)

And piloted by russian pilots?

Because wars where other countrys have migs but bad pilots, and no radars and more things...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

I know that is your source of information not books or documentaries Made by Deutsche Welle.

You don't know anything, including my sources, which are pilots from both sides of the fence. In fact one of my co-workers is an ex MiG-29 pilot.

I won't begin a war on if the Iraqi pilots were good or bad, since I'm not a expert, The people that knows about that are the one that say so. Again search in Google.

I don't need google. I have better sources than google could ever find.

On Cuban Mig we will never know cause there isn't any combat between US and us in modern airplanes, however with old and bad airplanes we destroy them in Girón.

HELL YEA

The cuban MiG-29 has very small chances against modern F-anything ... or even a late 1980's F-15. The only thing they've shot down that aproached from the US was a pair of cessnas.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Incorrect; there were other countries who had reasonably well trained pilots - Iraqi's among them ... their radars and weapons worked, too. I know, sometimes the truth stings a bit ;)

Well i dont agree... Those MiGs havent working well radars and had the first gen. of SPO-15...

The pilots didnt know they had been locked...

These data truth for all exported MiG-29Bs. So 9.12 version.

But the main what could do only 1 or max 2 Fulcrum against 15 planes of 15s and 16s...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

They did know. Do you know how the USAF pilots were able to tell that the Iraqi MiGs knew?

THose MiGs executed evasive maneuvers (Those piltos who knew what they were doing, there were those who were just flying straight to escape to Iran) when they were locked onto. One MiG-29 even got into position to launch on an F-15C, but (IIRC, and there I have no information) probably the TEWS prevented a launch.

Finally, the MiG-29's in IRAQ almost always fought against equal or almost equal numbers of F-15's. Yes, there were others in place to pick up the fight if the first F-15's were shot down, but in general the engagements themselves saw equal numbers on both sides.

Well i dont agree... Those MiGs havent working well radars and had the first gen. of SPO-15...

The pilots didnt know they had been locked...

These data truth for all exported MiG-29Bs. So 9.12 version.

But the main what could do only 1 or max 2 Fulcrum against 15 planes of 15s and 16s...

• Like 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Made by Deutsche Welle.

Your "Deutsche Welle", correct named "Neue Deutsche Welle" was a german spoken pop-style in the 80's, one of these songs was "99 Luftballons". So much for that.

These exercises were performed under very limited conditions. The MiGs had GCI - for instance and the BVR conditions for the F/A-18s - for example - were limited, too. The end effect in these scenarios was, that the MiG was able to come close and had a advantage with his helm sight system. Under regular, operational BVR conditions, the MiGs never had a chance with their R-27ER against the AIM-120.

kind regards,

Fire

Hardware: Intel i5 4670K | Zalman NPS9900MAX | GeIL 16GB @1333MHz | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro | Samsung SSDs 840 series 120GB & 250 GB | Samsung HD204UI 2TB | be quiet! Pure Power 530W | Aerocool RS-9 Devil Red | Samsung SyncMaster SA350 24" + ASUS VE198S 19" | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Speedlink Darksky LED | Razor Diamondback | Razor X-Mat Control | SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Rage ### Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Iraqi's MiG 29's weren't operational. It is obvious that for example the SPO wasn't working properly as they flew straight into the sparrow's. We are talking about STT mode not even TWS/120's.

Iraqi pilots weren't idiots, they were veterans, most of them with a decent BVR experience gained against even a more dangerous BVR opponent than the F-15C during the Iran/Iraq conflict. Many reports describe how Iraqi Pilots were turning and running systematically after detecting an Iranian F-14 on the RWR.

Edited by FLANKERATOR

banner_discordBannerDimensions_500w.jpg

Situational Awareness: https://sa-sim.com/ | The Air Combat Dojo: https://discord.gg/Rz77eFj

Yes, the SPO's of the MiGs that FOUGHT worked. The only aircraft that flew into sparrows were a bunch of MiG-23's and possibly 27's running for the border.

The F-14 was never more dangerous in BVR than the F-15.

Iraqi's MiG 29's weren't operational. It is obvious that for example the SPO wasn't working properly as they flew straight into the sparrow's. We are talking about STT mode not even TWS/120's.

Iraqi pilots weren't idiots, they were veterans, most of them with a decent BVR experience gained against even a more dangerous BVR opponent than the F-15C during the Iran/Iraq conflict. Many reports describe how Iraqi Pilots were turning and running systematically after detecting an Iranian F-14 on the RWR.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

- MiG 29SMT

- Su-27SM

- F-16C

- Hornet

The perfect plan for a LockOn 3 .....

MUST. :)

i7 880 | HD 7870 | 8 Gb DDR3 1600 | ECS P55H-A | OCZ Vertex 2 180 | Intel 330 180 | WD 500 AAKS | 2x WD 2T Green | Enermax Liberty 620 | CH Combatstick & Throttle | TrackIR 3 | HP ZR24W | Windows 7 x64

So I`m reading the title of the thread "New Migs are coolers" and I`m asking myself what kind of coolers are they:

1. Cool%20Box%20open.jpg

2. cooler_master_hyper_z600.jpg

3. cooler.jpg

Is there a new cooler brand MIG, cause it might be a big market hit?

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

MiG-29smt or MiG-29k would be very nice addition after US fix wing. Nice air to air and air to ground compatibility.

Off topic: I do not see much of Eagle lovers on the server, come to the servers you guy's will feel MiG power. :pilotfly:

Rocket brigade who retired F-117

If I had to choose between one of the above, it would be the Mig-29K because of avionics and sheer looks (bests even the flanker). I say no to non working prototypes.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

Since the father of the SU27 passed away it would be a good tribute to him by doing the SU27 in the next module after this one following A10.

And since it was a flanker that got this whole thing going waay back, the choice is easy me thinks!! nudge nudge wink wink

With the price of ammunition these days do not expect a warning shot.