Refuelling Question

Xxx

I have just enjoyed re running all the training missions for my Mirage. I haven't flown it in a while and with the updates its a super sim!

The last mission in training, a preparation for Red Flag, was very good. Before I buy the Red Flag campaign, for the Mirage, I need to ask a question.

My question is, do any of the Red Flag missions require refuelling Tanking?

This is one thing I avoid, because I am unable to do it!

Regards

David

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]i7 Haswell @ 4.6Ghz, Z97p, GTX1080, 32GB DDR3, x3SSD, Win7/64, professional. 32" BenQ, TIR 5, Saitek x55 HOTAS.

Search User Files for "herky" for my uploaded missions. My flight sim videos on You Tube. https://www.youtube.com/user/David Herky

No, they don't. They need a good fuel economy though and in some of them the tanker is available in case it is needed (or to send the wingman to refuel, as otherwise they usually eject before they can RTB - that's one of the things I have no control over). But the short answer is no. Doing extensive testing of the campaign I refuelled only once the entire time.

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

Thanks, that's great. I'll buy it tomorrow for my day off!

By the way, I didn't know you could order the wingmen to refuel? That interesting!

Regards

David

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]i7 Haswell @ 4.6Ghz, Z97p, GTX1080, 32GB DDR3, x3SSD, Win7/64, professional. 32" BenQ, TIR 5, Saitek x55 HOTAS.

Search User Files for "herky" for my uploaded missions. My flight sim videos on You Tube. https://www.youtube.com/user/David Herky

Dont give up on AAR! My first 1 hour trying to refuel was like... i'm not even close (and. 2 days later i can refuel. Its impressive how training lets you improve.

Just to clarify, i said i CAN refuel, nor that its pretty or quick :p. But just give 1 more week.

Enviado desde mi SM-G950F mediante Tapatalk

Thanks, that's great. I'll buy it tomorrow for my day off!

By the way, I didn't know you could order the wingmen to refuel? That interesting!

Regards

David

Yeah, there is a radio option for that, under navigation I think. For the campaign make sure to read all the introductory notes - may be boring but is quite important. This campaign can get you lost even before you get to the enemy, but it is close to what I always wanted to build and should set a new standard for my future campaigns.

As for AAR - I am very bad at it in M2K, but quite decent in Harrier, which has a probe behind pilot’s back and thus should be much more difficult to do.. but ueah, don’t give up! And enjoy the Red Flag!

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

Yes I know what you mean re reading all the notes! I'm having a look at the mission notes in the PDF link in the forum. The biggest puzzle are all the radio frequencies, when to change, but I'll work it out.

As for refuellings...lol forget it! I tried for ages and each time ended up with high blood pressure, maximum frustration, no fuel, hours of wasted time and hearing that dam voice, "cleared pre contact" in my nightmares!!!

I have done the DCS Red Flags for the A10 and Eagle, so looking forward to yours. I think these campaigns are very important to DCS. They make the sim come alive and force you to really understand your weaknesses, the enemy strengths and learn the aircraft 100%. The latter point is the whole reason behind Red Flag, so we are spot on there.

I have tried to create some missions that run with random elements, to make them challenging, so I appreciate how much work goes into these projects.

I'll let you know how I get on.

Cheers.

David

Dont give up on AAR! My first 1 hour trying to refuel was like... i'm not even close (and. 2 days later i can refuel. Its impressive how training lets you improve.

Just to clarify, i said i CAN refuel, nor that its pretty or quick :p. But just give 1 more week.

Enviado desde mi SM-G950F mediante Tapatalk

Thanks for the kind words of encouragement. But believe me I have tried. There's something wrong with my head?:cry:

The Mirage is a dream to fly. It's FBW in the latest DCS version is superb, but that dam basket floats around all over the place, seemingly my mind looses control of my coordination as soon as I get close to the basket!

I can fly straight and level exactly 6 feet behind the basket. As soon as I close in, mysterious forces conspire to float it around!

If there was a boom refueller, with a guy who slots it into your aircraft, like the F16, or Hog, I would be fine!

Cheers.:joystick:

Edited by Accipiter
Clarity

Please do report back as you progress!

Will do.

I can record them for my You Tube channel, with Tacview as well if required.

Ferry in, first mission done. Very good!:D

First few seconds had me panicking since my high school French was 50 years ago...:megalol:

Regards

David