AIM 9X SU-22 Fitter kill Tailhook panel

dooom

First kill of enemy aircraft since 1991 - watch below to see the panel recount the encounter over Syria

... man o man... these guys are so young.

https://livestream.com/wab/tailhook2017/videos/162478715

ASUS Tuf Gaming Pro x570 / AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ 3.8 / XFX Radeon 6900 XT / 64 GB DDR4 3200 

"This was not in the Manual I did not read", cried the Noob" - BMBM, WWIIOL

If it's what I think it is this happened months ago. As for the Sidewinder missing, most likely, as is often the case, an out of envelope launch. The kill was by an AiM-120 follow up shot, well within envelope at that point.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

"First kill of enemy aircraft since 1991"

Well I guess it was , so long as you don't count USAF Fighters (F16s and F15s) which have about 10 kills post Gulf War I....

:pilotfly:

It's the Tailhook convention so they are specifically not talking about the USAF because it is a whole different organization. Tailhook is the annual Naval Aviation convention.

Truly superior pilots are those that use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

"If at first you don't succeed, Carrier Landings are not for you!"

No, it's because that is a closed convention for Tailhook association members (read: Naval Aviators,) so when they say "First kill of an enemy aircraft since 1991" they mean "our first kill of an enemy aircraft since 1991." They are talking amongst their peers.

It's not amusing to anyone in that business, it's deadly serious. USAF/USN aviators are more professional than you assume from your armchair.