iPad (Touch Control) pit for Ka-50 Ver 2

jib

After many many hours of work here is the latest version of my fully animated ipad cockpit.

EDIT: NOW Public Release Ver 6 (Tested with DCS World 1.2.2)

CHANGE LOG VER 6:

1) Updated default weapons system keys.

2) Fixed Shkval.

3) Tested with DCS World 1.2.2

Know bugs:

1) The autopilot buttons seem to go invisible which they never used to, I will look into that.

2) Tv-black/white switch which I cannot get working.

CHANGE LOG VER 5:

1) BRRD switch is now 3 position, to match in game.

2) Flare Dispenser panel.

3) Better Abris textures and functionality.

Things I'm working on for next version:

3) PVI button Lights.

Download Touch Control Config files here: http://sdrv.ms/UTP7PQ

Alternative dropbox download KA-50TouchControlServer_export_full

Video link

It is using RICORDOS HD cockpit textures, so it looks really good.

It includes interactive:

ABRIS (with live veiw via screen grabber).

Datalink panel.

Autopilot panel.

left weapons panel.

PVI (not yet showing feedback).

Shkval (I dont use this as I show it on a my main screen, so it is not that well test).

Front weapons panel.

Helmet and Shkval brightness panel.

to make the buttons interactive you will need to press the initilize buttons on the right when you load the server for the first time that day, this sets the variables to on or off.

when you switch between panels there will be a short delay before the buttons sync up.

ABRIS (a mockup of what it looks like because im at work and cant run ka-50, it looks better on the real thing)

attachment.php?attachmentid=57470&stc=1&d=1318511997

Not sure what happened too my other pictures, I will have to host them somewhere else.

PVI

attachment.php?attachmentid=57546&stc=1&d=1318762142

Front Panels

attachment.php?attachmentid=57547&stc=1&d=1318762142

Both Weapons Panels on one screen

attachment.php?attachmentid=57548&stc=1&d=1318762142

Datalink, Autopilot and left weapons panel on 1 screen

attachment.php?attachmentid=58173&stc=1&d=1319980551

Flare Panel and possibly all other panels!

attachment.php?attachmentid=57895&stc=1&d=1319498197

Any comments or requests welcome.

Enjoy.

Edit: here is a link to touch control server http://www.touch-ir.com/ and iOS app http://itunes.apple.com/app/touchcontrol/id360139270?mt=8

the app is $4.99 and then to send key presses to the computer you will have to spend $1.99 on the auto hotkey in app purchase. it is worth it!

abris.thumb.jpg.baf4b940ee4fd298c1d3bb8b4d6e56bd.jpg

PVI.jpg.7db48d380a360f172bc1565f024a7c75.jpg

1708511452_Bothfront.thumb.jpg.13c64fce0606b4f27934756ba79b1841.jpg

1737425881_bothwPanels.thumb.jpg.b637f672f621381f66d1c8bbee0be7fd.jpg

FLARES.thumb.jpg.77c69c1cef6b0313c5ab9eafaf264a19.jpg

94210251_Datalinkandweaponscontrol12.thumb.png.5ddc5c68d9c92232cf906243ead0d01b.png

Edited by jib

Mods I use: KA-50 JTAC - Better Fire and Smoke - Unchain Rudder from trim KA50 - Sim FFB for G940 - Beczl Rocket Pods Updated!

Processor: Intel Q6600 @ 3.00GHz

GPU: GeForce MSI RTX 2060 6GB

RAM: Crucial 8GB DDR2

HDD: 1TBGB Crucial SSD

Peripherals: Logitech G940 Hotas, TrackiR 5, Voice Activated commands , Sharkoon 5.1 headset. ,Touch Control for iPad, JoyToKey

Please submit a vid on youtube. I dont have an ipad but planning on getting one. Certainly would love to have ABRIS on it..

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

Im am at work atm, I was thinking about taking a video soon anyway. the ABRIS mode is good, the refresh rate is a little slow but very useable.

Mods I use: KA-50 JTAC - Better Fire and Smoke - Unchain Rudder from trim KA50 - Sim FFB for G940 - Beczl Rocket Pods Updated!

Peripherals: Logitech G940 Hotas, TrackiR 5, Voice Activated commands , Sharkoon 5.1 headset. ,Touch Control for iPad, JoyToKey

Im am at work atm, I was thinking about taking a video soon anyway. the ABRIS mode is good, the refresh rate is a little slow but very useable.

Very sturdy feel when you have the ipad2 :)

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

I made a short demo video of my Touch-Control profile in action.

Edited by jib

There was a problem with the PVI buttons missing textures in ver 2 I have uploaded a new version and updated the link.

Hello Jib!

Great great work. I love to use it.

But I either make some mistakes in configuring that thing or found some "bugs" you might want to look into it.

My sample is the DH/DT switch on the autopilot panel. Your interface implemented a two position switch. Your switch is either up or down. However in the Black Shark I found this is a 3 positioin switch. Up, down and a middle position (although I haven't found out, why this specific switch needs a middle position anyway).

However, while using your panel someone gets confused overtime. Let's assume the panel ipad switch and the computer game switch are up. Pressing the switch moves the switch down on the ipad and into the middle positioin in the heli itself. From now on this runs asynchronos obvisously.

I humbly tried to fix it by adding the following script line inito the autohotkey configuration:

if (_global.VarDHDT=='MIDDLE') {return 'DHDT^[@]Datalink/SWITCHMIDDLE.png[&]VarDHDT^MIDDLE'}

But that obviously did not work - well I was just guesing...

Would be great if you can advise on that!

Thanks!

A.

That does indeed seem to be a bug. I never tend to use the DH DT switches and it seems i never actually tested them (opps).

The code you tried to enter is almost right but it needs to be

if (_global.VarDHDT=='DOWN') {return 'DHDT^[@]Datalink/SWITCHUP.png[&]VarDHDT^UP'}
if (_global.VarDHDT=='MIDDLE') {return 'DHDT^[@]Datalink/SWITCHDOWN.png[&]VarDHDT^DOWN'}
if (_global.VarDHDT=='UP') {return 'DHDT^[@]Datalink/SWITCHMIDDLE.png[&]VarDHDT^MIDDLE'}

Else it will just stay in the middle position all the time.

Dont worry if you cant fix it.

I will get it fixed and upload a new version ASAP.

Edited by jib

I have uploaded an new version with fixed DH-DT button

CHANGE LOG VER 4:

1) DH-DT switch is now 3 position, to match in game.

2) FDAP button loading with the wrong button fixed.

3) UI (text colour on buttons) improvements.

Things I'm working on for next version:

1) Flare Dispenser panel.

2) Better Abris textures and functionality.

3) PVI button Lights.

Download files here: https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=b379a...17F62A1%21346#cid=B379AD3E017F62A1&id=B379AD3E017F62A1%21346

Hi Jib!

Thanks for your prompt reply. I'm just start trying it out. Thanks!

I don't wanna drag your time too much and have invested a lot in figuring out this one before I decided to come back to you with this as well:

Whatever I try to do to get the ABRIS properly displayed on the iPad, I fail ;-)

My point is: Let's say, I set the ABRIS to a resolution of 480 x 640 (which should be the original resolution of the aircraft). I also properly place a TouchIR screen grabber around it with the very same resolution. Then I notice on the iPad part of the adjacent screen (outside of the grabber window) to the right and to the bottom is displayed on the iPad as well. So I persume that I would need to change the dimensions in the "ABRISSCREEN" web+ button the the same dimension as the grabber window and the heli ABRIS is set itself. But that failed. Now it looks like the ABRIS display is cut off a couple of pixles from the right and the bottom. I tried several configurations (e.g. setting the ABRIS in the sim and the grabber window to the size you've set in the TouchIR script). I never was able to get an exact "transfer" to the iPad. Setting the grabber to 100x100 and setting the TouchIR script to 100x100 does not result in an exact display on the ipad. It looks like the resolution is always altered when coming down to the iPad.

Puh, hope I was able to explain this - my question would be: Have you noticed the same and what is your ABRIS resolution and grabber window you use with your TouchIR script. Any hints or directions would be very well appreciated.

Thanks!

A.

Jib, allow me another question. Same naive level but perhaps easier to answer ;-)

Do you know if there's any possibility to get feedback from the sim to the TouchIR script to "synchronize" the display state on the iPad with what's set in the sim cockpit. As of now I understand its strictly necessary to only set controls from the ipad. Setting controls in the sim would dis-sync the ipad button/switch status.

Sorry, if that's to dumb...

A.

To answer your second question first

Yes there is a way to read .lua exported files and sync the ipad with the Sim. The http://www.ipadpit.nl/ uses this method for some switches in DCS A-10.

More info on exporting http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=45071 and http://en.wiki.eagle.ru/wiki/Export_1_0_1

I thought it look to complicated (but now I wish I had done it from the start!) there are benefits to not having it read files (don't need the program installed to test it ect).

Most of the time I find it quite easy to stay in sync (If you are in single player just pause the game and press the ipad until it looks like the in-game),(if you are online you will have to use the mouse to click the in-game cockpit until it looks like the ipad).

Soon I hope to make two global initialize buttons (one for cold start and one for hot starts) this should sync everything up at the beginning.

Edited by jib

About your ABRIS Screen graber question

Whatever I try to do to get the ABRIS properly displayed on the iPad, I fail ;-)

My point is: Let's say, I set the ABRIS to a resolution of 480 x 640 (which should be the original resolution of the aircraft). I also properly place a TouchIR screen grabber around it with the very same resolution. Then I notice on the iPad part of the adjacent screen (outside of the grabber window) to the right and to the bottom is displayed on the iPad as well. So

I (think) I had exectly the same proplem when I downloaded some elses configuration. (I thought the Screen Grabber Was broken buggy software!)

The only way I could fix it was to recreate the Abris screen for my self (but this could be a different issuse).

Try it

1) Delete the abris screen

2) Add a new button and select type: Web veiw (within app)

3) Click set data and enter: %touchirserver/grabber%

This worked for me.

I am using a 1024x768 virtual screen

and am projecting the ABRIS at

width = 578;

height = 742;

and my screen grabber is setup to grab 1024 x 768 (the whole screen, im not sure why???)

Edited by jib

After some experimenting the only way I can get the screen grabber to display properly is to set it not to "re-size to fit" and capture 1024x768 this is annoying because it is bigger that I need and it will be sending unnecessarily large .JPEG across the network.

Hi Jib!

Thanks for all your answers and patience. My first trial with the ABRIS did not work out, but I'm going to try that more seriously than I was able to right now. I'm confident, else I'd come back on that topic.

Please keep up your good work. It enriches the sims experience!

A.

Sweet:0 Will this work on iPhone 4? I realize it will be harder to see but is it possible to make just like 4 buttons like the Turn-to-Target 4 buttons set on just the iphone easily enough? Or even just having the Autopilot 4 buttons would be handy too:)

Edited by thinkr

Modded CapLoz HeliosV2.1_1280x1024.zip

2x 1080p 22"Monitors, Saitek X52, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals, Trackir5, Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel Q9550 @3.8Ghz, EP45-UD3L, 8GB Ram, Nvidia 560Ti 2GB, 2x 500GB Velociraptor

Flaming Cliffs 3

DCS:A10C,KA-50, Huey, Mi-8, WWII Euro 40+ Supporter, Mig21

Falcon 4 BMS

IL-2 Sturmovik: 1946

Take on Helicopters

Arma 2 AO + PMC + BF All Addons Series

Arma 3

EECH & EEAH

Medivac & Search and Rescue 4 Series

Yes iPhone is supported by the software.

As you said it would be hard to press all the small keys on an iphone, so iphone versions would ideally need to be make.

someone has made a DSC A10 UFC for iPhone http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=67476&highlight=iphone+ufc

EDIT: I am thinking about making the auto pilot control for my iPod touch 4G and having it on my right had side for realism ( I haven't tried running it with my iPad as well but I think it will work)

Edited by jib

I have made a full screen landscape iPhone version of Ka-50 Autopilot (tested on iPod Touch 4G)

Here: https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=b379a...017F62A1%21346#cid=B379AD3E017F62A1&id=B379AD3E017F62A1%21346

attachment.php?attachmentid=58172&stc=1&d=1319980296

Just click the small green button top right to initialise and the red button to close.

1096711863_Iphoneautopilot(3).thumb.PNG.e687c82122ad4791165466c8eb20907b.PNG

Edited by jib

• 2 months later...

Sorry to resurrect this thread. I haven't yet bought the TouchControl app, and I have a couple of questions before I do. Does this work with both iphone and ipad? How about both simultaneously? Most importantly, is the ABRIS display fairly straightforward to setup?

Thanks much!

Sorry to resurrect this thread. I haven't yet bought the TouchControl app, and I have a couple of questions before I do. Does this work with both iphone and ipad? How about both simultaneously? Most importantly, is the ABRIS display fairly straightforward to setup?

Thanks much!

I do believe that you can use both ipod and ipad at the same time, you will just have to have a touch ir profile with ipod versions of each display you want as well as the ipad ones.

Setting up the Abris is not that hard (depends if you have messed with the multi monitor files before) If you don't want the abris displayed on you main screen as well as the ipad you will have to display it on a second monitor or a virtual screen. and then it can take a bit of tweaking with the touch ir screen capture to get it to fit perfectly.

It is very useful to have the abris visible all the time but the frame rates from the capture are not quite real time

It can slow your fsp down a bit, so unless you have a reasonably powerful setup I would give it a miss.

I have made a full screen landscape iPhone version of Ka-50 Autopilot (tested on iPod Touch 4G)

Here: https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=b379a...017F62A1%21346#cid=B379AD3E017F62A1&id=B379AD3E017F62A1%21346

attachment.php?attachmentid=58172&stc=1&d=1319980296

Just click the small green button top right to initialise and the red button to close.

how do I make it work with my iphone 3gs?

L'importante non è stabilire se uno ha paura o meno, è saper convivere con la propria paura e non farsi condizionare dalla stessa. Ecco, il coraggio è questo, altrimenti non è più coraggio ma incoscienza.

you basically run a server app on the pc and then the iOS device can send the pc keystrokes.

check this site for the server app: http://www.touch-ir.com/

the app store: http://itunes.apple.com/app/touchcontrol/id360139270?mt=8

its $4.99 + $1.99 for the required addon

also requires IOS 4.

you might have to resize the image in touch ir as the iphone 3gs has a different resolution screen than the iphone 4 which i made it for, not sure.

Anything new on this touch control front? I haven't heard about this in a while. Any plans on A10C addons?

Edited by thinkr

Modded CapLoz HeliosV2.1_1280x1024.zip

2x 1080p 22"Monitors, Saitek X52, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals, Trackir5, Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel Q9550 @3.8Ghz, EP45-UD3L, 8GB Ram, Nvidia 560Ti 2GB, 2x 500GB Velociraptor

Flaming Cliffs 3

DCS:A10C,KA-50, Huey, Mi-8, WWII Euro 40+ Supporter, Mig21

Falcon 4 BMS

IL-2 Sturmovik: 1946

Take on Helicopters

Arma 2 AO + PMC + BF All Addons Series

Arma 3

EECH & EEAH

Medivac & Search and Rescue 4 Series

Anything new on this touch control front? I haven't heard about this in a while. Any plans on A10C addons?

I have been getting back into DCS A10 alot more recently.

There is already a preaty good Touch control pit for DCS A10C Site: http://www.ipadpit.nl/

Forum post: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=71068

I have been modifiying Ghost Units touch IR profile to animate alot more of the switches, I havn't released anything yet.

I want to try and make a fully animated CDU Next.

I havent had that much time to work on it becasue I have moved house.

Edited by jib

• 1 month later...