Mig 29

Mizzy

Or its impending release which would arguably be a better way to mark the Red Army anniversary than some measly sale (at least from a perspective of someone who already owns the modules included ;) ).

Exactly - that would be amazing but is doubtful ;-)

Are they still planning on making the MiG-29 into a separate module?

To my knowledge the Mig-29 is still planned to receive the PFM-upgrade and should still be in the books for a separate module release as every other FC3 A/C

Main Module: AH-64D

Personal Wishlist: HH-60G, F-117A, B-52H

• 2 weeks later...
Sad to see there has not been any word from ED about the MIG-29 PFM update, hope we can hear something about it soon...

Totally agree, the mig29 does indeed need PFM, that would be awesome adding new life to dcs environment.;):thumbup::thumbup:

• CPU : Intel i7 8700k@5.0ghz cooled by Noctua NH-D15 / Motherboard:Asorck Z370 Taichi / RAM: 32GB GSkill TridentZ @3600mhz / SSD: 500GB Nvme Samsung 970 evo+1 TB Sabrent Nvme M2 / GPU:Asus Strix OC 2080TI / Monitor: LG 34KG950F Ultrawide / Trackir 5 proclip/ VIRPIL CM2 BASE + CM2 GRIP + F148 GRIP + 200M EXTENSION /VKB T-Rudder MKIV rudder /Case: Fractal Design R6 Define black

Just use trim and autopilot modes ( point the aircrat heading and pitch and attitude where you want and press Alt+1 ). Like the real thing

PD: You have been answered by people with more knowledge than me, that everybody trust here in this forums like Yo-Yo and Ironhand about exact the same thing years ago. Also DCS Su-27 manual, as you already know because people had told you so, in pages 110 to 117 has a wonderful description of the FBW in the Su-27.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=150650&highlight=Su-27+FBW+pitch

Edited by Esac_mirmidon

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

Just use trim and autopilot modes ( point the aircrat heading and pitch and attitude where you want and press Alt+1 ). Like the real thing

PD: You have been answered by people with more knowledge than me, that everybody trust here in this forums like Yo-Yo and Ironhand about exact the same thing years ago. Also DCS Su-27 manual, as you already know because people had told you so, in pages 110 to 117 has a wonderful description of the FBW in the Su-27.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=150650&highlight=Su-27+FBW+pitch

Didn't read my post I see.

Let's try one more time then:

If the MiG-29 flies the same as the Su-27 then I am not going to look forward to flying it, and that because IMO the Su-27 is a terrible aircraft to fly ingame because of the artificial positive pitch increase.

And this is not because I don't like having to trim, infact normally I don't ever mind having to trim my aircraft at all, but the Su-27 just simply takes it to a ridiculous level, so much so that if the ,amount of trim change seen ingame is indeed realistic then I don't envy the real pilots having to potentially fly that thing into combat. It litterally feels like a WW1 biplane with a rocket strapped to its back.

In short, a modern fighter pilot already has a lot on his plate to worry about when in a combat situation, he doesn't need the extra worry of having to babysit a FCS that at the same thinks it's a WW1 biplane and thus requires trimming for every 50 km/h.

Edited by Hummingbird

So you are lucky.

The Mig-29 has not any FBW and is not like the Su-27 in pitch.

But you still need to trim It.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

...but the Su-27 just simply takes it to a ridiculous level, so much so that if the ,amount of trim change seen ingame is indeed realistic then I don't envy the real pilots having to potentially fly that thing into combat...

:) I guess it's all in the thumb of the beholder. For me, I don't even notice the trimming and I almost never use the AP. It might have something to do with differences in how we fly. I tend to fly to and from engagements at a constant speed and altitude. Once engaged and maneuvering, trim is no longer an issue.

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

:) I guess it's all in the thumb of the beholder. For me, I don't even notice the trimming and I almost never use the AP. It might have something to do with differences in how we fly. I tend to fly to and from engagements at a constant speed and altitude. Once engaged and maneuvering, trim is no longer an issue.

I guess, sad so few possess that thumb though, everyone I know has stopped flying it ever since the PFM solely due to the trim issue. Now they fly MiG29 or MiG21 instead.

What i can see on the online servers is quite the opposite, a lot of players flying the Su-27.

Edited by Esac_mirmidon

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I really don't get people complaining about trim?? I've flown the 27... it's a non-issue, I've never even noticed what they're talking about. And as mentioned above, you trim to cruise speed (400ish knots typically, at a higher altitude) one time. You enter combat, trim is unimportant, when you exit combat you return to cruise altitude and speed and the plane is already trimmed. You shouldn't be regularly flying much faster than that unnecessarily, and you don't trim at supersonic speeds, either... at cruise it should work fine.

It takes two seconds to do at the start of the flight... they're ok with fifteen minute startup sequences but not two seconds of trim?

Weird...

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

• 3 weeks later...
The real problem is Mig29 Pilot. Yes. It goes blackout really easy and that limits close dogfight ability, now F15 has better turn rate in furball than of Fulcrum which doesn't make much sense. Mig29 also has terribly low roll rate at high transonic speeds (which could be real) so all of this makes it really limited airframe that can't do dogfight against anything with A-A radar on and can't protect itself in defensive maneuvers. It's a really shame and waste of any effort now as it's being completely downgraded module by some unknown reason. PFM definitely but Pilot G-LOC training first.

it becomes a routine the black screen in the dogfight, sometimes you can manage it, others not ... but it's a beautiful plane:

in this video, I can break down an f-15 even in inferiority of altitude

[sIGPIC]2RGT DCS WORLD ITALIA[/sIGPIC]

DIAVOLO 1-1 | 2RGT OBERST

2RGT DCS Gruppo Volo Italiano

Canale Youtube: 2RGT OBERST

Facebook: DCS World Italia - 2RGT -

Canale Twitch: 2RGT OBERST

LIVE!