DCS Update Patch Notes Discussion Thread

NineLine

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ED Team
I wonder if ships instantly catch fire when the mission starts when hosting a dedicated MP server ......

Also wonder if the 1.5.7 beta crashes due to weapons.dll is still present .........

Ships and weapons.dll no, as I have not been able to reproduce.

But give the new patch a go, you never know the fairy's may have been in and worked some magic :)

Edited by BIGNEWY

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Ships and weapons.dll no, as I have not been able to reproduce.

But give the new patch a go, you never know the fairy's may have been in and worked some magic :)

I call the programmers in my work fairy's ...... it a trip to HR for me

Restarted server with new patch and ships not longer start on fire ....

so off to a good start, fingers crossed on other issue

METAR weather for DCS World missions

Guide to help out new DCS MOOSE Users -> HERE

Havoc Company Dedicated server info Connect IP: 94.23.215.203

SRS enabled - freqs - Main = 243, A2A = 244, A2G = 245

Please contact me HERE if you have any server feedback or METAR issues/requests

• ED Team
I call the programmers in my work fairy's ...... it a trip to HR for me

Restarted server with new patch and ships not longer start on fire ....

so off to a good start, fingers crossed on other issue

Great news!

ps I meant real fairies :)

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I think the Update 3 for 1.5.7 release version today deserves an official post somewhere.

Editing an existing Update post is making invisible for any that is not paying attention to the forum.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

Does anybody have an idea with what exactly they mean with DCS Su-33 in the changelog?

• Crash after deactivation of an aircraft carrier with a helicopter fixed.
  • Stutter caused of some air defence radars fixed.
  • AI Su-33 carrier takeoff dynamics adjusted.
  • DCS Su-33
  • Added new instant action missions on Caucasus.
  • Missing textures in cockpit fixed.
  • Fixed exaggerated hook bouncing when contact with deck.
  • Hook retract speed increased to real value.

''Greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction.''

Erich Fromm

Support for the new Su-33 stand-alone module with PFM. Same as the Flaming Cliffs 3 Su-33.

Kind of a weird way of announing that its now on the Live version too, by just putting it between the patch notes and no further remarks to it. Oh well..

''Greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction.''

Erich Fromm

"Added new instant missions on Caucasus."

Did anybody get these because I don't really have any new instant action missions (either in main or Beta branch)?

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

Does anybody have an idea with what exactly they mean with DCS Su-33 in the changelog?

They probably meant to have it like this:

DCS Su-33

• Added new instant action missions on Caucasus.
  • Missing textures in cockpit fixed.
  • Fixed exaggerated hook bouncing when contact with deck.
  • Hook retract speed increased to real value.

The missions are there when you force install the su-33 stand alone.

4 missions in caucasus (CAC, grouynd strike, Gunzo, Take off)

To force install :

Open cmd and navigate to your dcs "bin" folder and then paste "DCS_updater.exe install SU-33" (make sure its in capitals)

Details:

Asus Z-170E, Intel i5-6600K @ 4.2GHz, 16GB RAM

MSI GTX970 Gaming 4G

Win 10 Home

The missions are there when you force install the su-33 stand alone.

4 missions in caucasus (CAC, grouynd strike, Gunzo, Take off)

To force install :

Open cmd and navigate to your dcs "bin" folder and then paste "DCS_updater.exe install SU-33" (make sure its in capitals)

Oh, so they're not added yet to the FC3 like the manual wasn't there in the initial beta release.

I suppose the Su-33 can be uninstalled afterwards in a similar way?

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

Actually, I am on open beta version. Don't know for main release.

And I did not try , but I suppose uninstalling is feasible, as anyway, the module does not appear in my game menus even after "force installing"

Details:

Asus Z-170E, Intel i5-6600K @ 4.2GHz, 16GB RAM

MSI GTX970 Gaming 4G

Win 10 Home

Oh, so they're not added yet to the FC3 like the manual wasn't there in the initial beta release.

I suppose the Su-33 can be uninstalled afterwards in a similar way?

I tried this in stable and none of the missions for the -33 and for that matter the F-15, Su-25, and A10 didnt have any either though in my module manager it shows just with no keys? I have FC3, is this something that should be a ticket or if ED is aware.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like 2.1 is getting some new life. Thank ED!

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=3264549#post3264549

DCS 2.1.1.10527 Update 5

Support of Su-33 for DCS World

DCS World

Ground unit sensors. The search of targets is optimized, will be more FPS friendly.

"Enable Virtual reality Headset" option will force restart DCS.

Crash after deactivation of an aircraft carrier with a helicopter fixed.

Stutter caused of some air defence radars fixed.

DCS NS430

Approach, Arrival and Departure procedures are correctly adding to active flight plan now, after designating arrival airfield with Direct-To function.

Approach and Arrival procedures addition to the active flight plan using menu options WPT ARR and WPT ARRIVAL has been restored.

Active cursor on NAV MAP page doesn't interfere with MENU button usage any more.

Added option for mission editor which allows restricting usage of NS 430 for particular board in its options.

Flight plan automatically transfers from mission editor to NS 430 now.

Backlit added.

NAVterr map will be oriented according to Track Up mode now.

Active leg remaining distance indication was fixed.

DIRECT TO function from NRST page group was fixed.

Map drag by active cursor in Track Up mode was fixed.

DCS FC3

Radio altimeter gives wrong readings when plane fly with a roll fixed.

DCS L-39

Game mode tendency to pitch up fixed.

DCS Ka-50

One tube in B-20 rocket launcher visually empty when attached to external pylon fixed.

DCS Mi-8MTV2

Video recorder no longer applied to “Kord” machinegun.

Campaigns

Operation Epsom. Russian locale added.

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

No fix for crash on exit of mission when Map view is accessed in the flight. Very disappointed that this major issue gets no mention. Its been reported for months but other than Bignewy saying he has forwarded it to ED no further acknowledgement.

System:Motherboard Asus ROG Strix Z390-E,Asus ROG GeForce RTX 2080Ti OC, GPU, 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 Ram, Intel i9 9900K @ 5 GHz , cooled by NZXT Kraken X52, Acer XB270HU G-Sinc monitor, Windows 10 Pro, Warthog joystick and throttle with wasy extension, VBK Gunfighter Pro and MCG Pro,MFG Rudder, running on a dedicated 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M2 Nvme , Super Wheel Stand Pro, with a HP Reverb G2

No fix for crash on exit of mission when Map view is accessed in the flight. Very disappointed that this major issue gets no mention. Its been reported for months but other than Bignewy saying he has forwarded it to ED no further acknowledgement.

I posted a temporally solution in other thread