Ln's fourth jet after F-14: Mig-23 or Su-22?

Jaktaz

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I

If you were looking at A-A that would be a step back from the MiG-21bis... ;)

Still... An interesting plane! :D

I just think that a later A-A model (2-gen - probably MiG-23MLD) MiG-23 would have more mass appeal... :)

Indeed, however, wasn't the forger the rough equivlent of the harrier? One of those obscure and half forgotten cold war jets. Could be interesting, but a drawback from the fishbed, and not only in A/A

Edited by Sarraceno

I

Indeed, however, wasn't the forger the rough equivlent of the harrier? One of those obscure and half forgotten cold war jets. Could be interesting, but a drawback from the fishbed, and not only in A/A

Yeah... It wasn't very successful. :)

However, it still is an interesting plane because of it's hovering capability... Which, lets say wasn't the easiest to use. It had major problems with control and slipping over. :I

They even had to develop a special ejection seat which would detect the slip and eject the pilot... This had the flaw of sometimes ejecting the pilot under controlled maneuvers. Because it gave the pilot no warning, he/she had no time to prepare for ejection... Thus it created many lost planes and wounded pilots. :(

Welp! Soviet tech is Soviet tech... And I want my Soviet tech fast (with no back injuries of course...)! >:]

I still want my MiG-23MLD! It would be awesome! :3

DCS: MiG-23

[sIGPIC]

[/sIGPIC]

Make it happen, and take my money! :D

Don't think getting to MIG-23 M or later Version (MLD ofc) should be not more difficult then other DCS World Aircraft.

The MIG-23 was used in many Countries, including the Ex Warsaw Pact Forces they not bound to the legal Issue of Russia.

But straight up MIG-23 MLD only Bulgaria get in service with the Full MLD with aerodynamic Improvements.

Russian rebuild a AIM-7 as K-25 but was inferior to the R-23 predecessor of the R-24 in the End should be not less cable of the later AIM-7

Once you have tasted Flight, you will forever walk the Earth with your Eyes turned Skyward.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

9./JG27

Don't think getting to MIG-23 M or later Version (MLD ofc) should be not more difficult then other DCS World Aircraft.

The MIG-23 was used in many Countries, including the Ex Warsaw Pact Forces they not bound to the legal Issue of Russia.

But straight up MIG-23 MLD only Bulgaria get in service with the Full MLD with aerodynamic Improvements.

Russian rebuild a AIM-7 as K-25 but was inferior to the R-23 predecessor of the R-24 in the End should be not less cable of the later AIM-7

That is if anyone is gonna use them at all... Most are gonna sneak, life's just that way. ;)

But with IRST and medium range IR missiles... Gonna be good! :D

[sIGPIC]

[/sIGPIC]

But with IRST and medium range IR missiles... Gonna be good! :D

Yeah that could be quite a lot of fun.

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

• 3 weeks later...

So, currently I am tied between the MiG-23M and MiG-23MLA/D. One's the true iconic retro original, and the other will be awesome to have against modern thingies... Dunno which is better! :D

And as for secondary options below the MiG-23 in my wanted modules list is the Su-15 for fighters and Su-22/24 for strikers.

Here's something stolen from the Wikipedia about the Su-15... :devil_2:

AIRCRAFT: Su-15TM (just thought it to be important to mention that it is the Su-15TM variant)

AVIONICS: "Taifun-M"

Detection range: high/low flying targets 70km/15km

Lock range: high/low flying targets 40km/10km

Detection envelope: +30°/-10° Vertical; +/- 70° Horizontal

WEAPONS: 2x R-98MR/MT (Range: 23km); 4x R-60 (Range: 8km); optional 2x gun pods (a practical must because as far as I know it did not carry a gun)

WING LOADING: 555 kg/m²

CLIMB RATE: 228 m/s

COMBAT RANGE: 1,380 km

MAX SPEED: Mach 2.1 (2,230 km/h) loaded at high altitude; Mach 2.5 clean at high altitude

SERVICE CEILING: 18,100 m

And just for comparison and for an argument why the MiG-23 is my favorite choice. Again, stolen from Wikipedia... :devil_2: (yup, again)

AIRCRAFT: MiG-23MLD (again thought it to be important to mention aircraft variant with the aerodynamic upgrades on the MiG-23MLD)

AVIONICS: "Sapfir-23MLA-II (radar)"; "TP-23ML (IRST)"

Detection range ("Sapfir-23MLA-II" as the "TP-23ML" depended on the level of heat more than range): High/low flying targets >65/25 (fighter sized)

Detection envelope: no data I could find

WEAPONS: 1x Gryazev-Shipunov GSh-23L cannon (200 rounds); 6x? R/T-23 (Range: 35km); 6x? R/T-24 (Range: 35km); 6x? R-60 (Range: 8km)

Upgraded: 6x? R-73 (Range: 30km)

WING LOADING: 420 kg/m²

CLIMB RATE: 240 m/s

COMBAT RANGE: 1,150 km

MAX SPEED: Mach 2.32, 2,445 km/h at high altitude; Mach 1.14, 1,350 km/h at sea level

SERVICE CEILING: 18,500 m

Edited by asla36
Fixed an error in my post pointed out by Dehuman, thank you very much!

[sIGPIC]

[/sIGPIC]

WEAPONS: 2x R-98MR/MT (Range: 23km); 4x R-60 (Range: 8km); optional 2x gun pods (a practical must because as far as I know it did not carry a gun, also I think they take up 1 R-60 hardpoint each)

R-60s went on the inner wing pylon, gun pods were mounted on the fuselage pylons.

w_su15tm_vynnitza_9.jpg

Some Flagons were fitted with a cannon in the same manner as the MiG-21 was underneath the fuselage

ds_su-15tm_024.jpg

I've been spamming a game dev I know with Su-15 images and docs for a while, possibly to shut me up they sent me this.

eyJ1cmwiOiJodHRwczovL2Rpc2NvcmQuc3RvcmFnZS5nb29nbGVhcGlzLmNvbS9hdHRhY2htZW50cy8yMzAyMTQ1NDUyMDc5ODQxMjgvMzAxMTc3NTQzMDE1MjY4MzUyL3N1LTE1LlBORyJ9.x92zchBmtzazgfHPDCUXN7INfuQ?width=759&height=468

• Like 1

After what theyve done with FM of iconik MIG-21 , they dont have permission from ED on production of top-crafts .So SU-15 may be , but dont wait planes from them like MIG-23 or MIG-27

Edited by KAKTYC_11

Куплю модули : СУ-7 , СУ-9 , СУ-11,Миг-23,Миг-27 ,Ту-22М3,Ту-95,Ми-24,AH-64,F-16 ,F-4 Phantom,модуль-карту современной западной Европы

I-7 4790k (4.4GHz), GTX980 4GB , Z97, 16Gb DDR3

After what theyve done with FM of iconik MIG-21 , they dont have permission from ED on production of top-crafts .So SU-15 may be , but dont wate planes from them like MIG-23 or MIG-27

Are you sure about the "permission from ED"? I know MiG21 has had it`s share of problems, but it was all still under development, not as a released and finished product.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

R-60s went on the inner wing pylon, gun pods were mounted on the fuselage pylons.

w_su15tm_vynnitza_9.jpg

Some Flagons were fitted with a cannon in the same manner as the MiG-21 was underneath the fuselage

ds_su-15tm_024.jpg

I've been spamming a game dev I know with Su-15 images and docs for a while, possibly to shut me up they sent me this.

eyJ1cmwiOiJodHRwczovL2Rpc2NvcmQuc3RvcmFnZS5nb29nbGVhcGlzLmNvbS9hdHRhY2htZW50cy8yMzAyMTQ1NDUyMDc5ODQxMjgvMzAxMTc3NTQzMDE1MjY4MzUyL3N1LTE1LlBORyJ9.x92zchBmtzazgfHPDCUXN7INfuQ?width=759&height=468

Thanks for clearing that up, will fix my original post and leave you credit! :D

Also that pic about the Su-15 looks very promising indeed, if it wasn't just to "shut you up" of course. ;)

Though I, and I am positive that many fellow simmers, would indeed like to see that become a thing! Will be so awesome, and hopefully not just to make someone stop... Gotta hope, gotta hope!

Also, which dev?

Edited by asla36
Added a question.

[sIGPIC]

[/sIGPIC]

w_su15tm_vynnitza_9.jpg

ds_su-15tm_024.jpg

That is so sweeeeet!

Did they offer a 747 to go with that?

lol couldn't help my self sorry...

But seriously this will open new horizons.

However with the F-18 coming I think a more modern Warsaw fighter with substantial bvr capabilities is a must. This would be awesome in Cold War servers though. Damn mean looking machine.