6 degree of freedom

Could anyone please clarify to me what 6 degree of freedom mean? I own FC3 and fly the F-15C. I am planning to down load DCS World and fly the same plane. In the E-shop section, I find both FC3 (which includes several planes) and also the F-15C for DCS World as a single plane download. In the single plane download description you read the following "a detailed 6 degrees of freedom capable cockpit, ..." which doesn't show in the FC3 description so it makes me think that the 6 degrees of freedom is only available in the single plane download

From what I gathered it has to do with being able to click any button in the cockpit with the mouse and works. I have not been able to do that in FC3. Am I correct?

So is the F-15C single plane download better than the one in CF3?

Which cockpit is better rendered? Are they the same?

thanks for your response

M

I think, it's the head movement in game. Move Forward, Backwards, left, right, and head tilt left and right, along with normal neck rotation. Please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Edit: The F15 standalone is the same one as the one in flaming cliffs. And the clickable cockpits come with the titles labeled DCS: xxxx. Like the A10 or KA-50. The ones titled xxxx for DCS World do not have clickable cockpits (all the flaming cliffs aircraft)

Edited by Steggles

-16AGR- 16th Air Guards Regiment is always looking for pilots - http://www.16agr.com

EWRS - Early Warning Radar Script

Specs:

Gigabyte Sniper Z5-S

Intel i5-4670k 3.4GHz OC'd 3.9GHz w/ Thermaltake 120mm Water 3.0 Pro Liquid CPU Cooler

16GB RAM

Gigabyte GTX 1080

TM Hotas Warthog: SN: 06976

Saitek Pro Flight Combat Rudder Pedals

TrackIR5 with TrackClipPro & Oculus Rift

2x 28" 4k UHD Monitors (3840x2160 each) + 1280x1024

Yup the F-15 in FC3 is the same as the individual aircraft. They both come with a fully 3D rendered cockpit (and 6DOF)

Link to my Imgur screenshots and motto

http://imgur.com/a/Gt7dF

One day in DCS... Vipers will fly along side Tomcats... Bugs with Superbugs, Tiffy's with Tornado's, Fulcrums with Flankers and Mirage with Rafales...

:)The Future of DCS is a bright one:)

• 1 year later...

6 degrees of freedom are the 6 different directions something can move in the cartesian plan. You know x,y, z, direction.

x being left and right

y is forward and back

z is up and down.

So the 6 degrees come from what is called translation and rotation in those axis.

Translation is moving back and forth and rotation is turning in that axis.

This is just not answering your question because the answer really is "they are both the same" but I thought I would at least let you know what 6DOF actually means.