Anyone convert any interesting Blackshark Missions to FC2?

If some of the FC2 planes are present in a Blackshark mission, I'm guessing it would be as simple as using the mission editor to make one of those planes a "player" plane and actually fly them. Has anyone tried this?

Not quite that easy, since you have to tweak the flights as well to get wingmen flyable. (Set up separate flight for them.)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

I see no reason why some of them wont work. The main issues would be if any triggers are effected by AI performing the actions rather than the player. Also fast mover aircraft triggers within BS generally start with the AI aircraft in the air.

I'd love to build a SP mission or a co-op for that matter where each flight can be interchangeable with AI and player flown aircraft. So one could fly the same mission from several different perspectives. Granted things would probably play out differently but its still a cool idea.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

I think an incompatability exists that prevents mission exchange between BS and FC2 at the moment. I tried moving a BS multiplay mission to the FC2 that contained an AI SU25. I set the SU25 to player and reset the KA50's to AI. The mission editor locked when I tried to save. I guess this is part of the BS compatability patch.

I think an incompatability exists that prevents mission exchange between BS and FC2 at the moment. I tried moving a BS multiplay mission to the FC2 that contained an AI SU25. I set the SU25 to player and reset the KA50's to AI. The mission editor locked when I tried to save. I guess this is part of the BS compatability patch.

I had no problem doing it. It could have been the mission itself that disliked you doing it or just the editor decided to crash. I had a feeling there would be plenty compatible between the two games. I actually banked on that fact by building a super complex mission in BS and then transferring it from BS to FC2. The only differences between the two that I've noticed...

• Black Shark is limited from flag 0 to 100. FC2 from 1 to 999,999,999
  • BS can't select "client" or "player" for skill level of FC2 flyables
  • FC2 can't set INU points for Ka-50

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

I have been converting some of the A-10 missions into Black Shark ones. Works seemlessly. I just switch out the A-10 waypoints with Ka-50 ones and then hit fly. :)

--Maulkin

Windows 10 64-bit - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X @ 3.7 GHz - 32 GB DDR4 3600MHz RAM - EVGA FTW3 RTX 3080 - Asus Crosshair VIII Hero motherboard - Samsung EVO Pro 1 TB SSD - TrackIR 4 Pro - Thrustmaster Warthog - Saitek rudder pedals - Lilliput UM-80/C with TM Cougars