CRC and MD5 for Lockon Flaming Cliffs Patch

Hello,

I have the US CD version purchased from Natural Point. However, when I download the patch from the Russian ftp site and US ftp site, the checksum for CRC/MD5 are different. Can someone confirm which file is the "good" file? Thanks.

Filename: LO_Flaming_Cliffs_Patch_1.12b_EngCD_Addon&Gold-US.exe

Patch downloaded from Russian FTP site:

CRC : C5AAE001 MD5 : 6072930665621917832EFC77055B2D52

Patch downloaded from US FTP site:

CRC : 1FB1CF94 MD5 : 082DB323197C9DEE68911882DC8FE82F

Edited by <((((><

If you refer to the patch for upgrading FC to 1.12, be aware that there is a patch for the CD and one for the DL version. Use the one for the DL version, the other one probably will not work for your FC installation.

The patch that you DLed reads '....EngCD...' which indicates, that it is for the CD version. Find the patch for the DL version instead.

I assume, that the patches for the different versions of FC have different CRCs.

Edited by golfsierra2

kind regards,

Raven....

[sigpic]http://www.crc-mindreader.de/CRT/images/Birds2011.gif[/sigpic]

The point is that I don't want to install the bad file and mess something up, especially when I spent hours setting up my controls and configs. ED used to put the checksum next to their downloads but I don't see them there anymore.

Also, if you read my post, you'll see this:

"I have the downloaded US version of the simulation" so your 3rd sentence is irrelevant to me. I've downloaded LO_Flaming_Cliffs_Patch_1.12b_EngCD_Addon&Gold-US.exe which is for the downloaded version of the game. However, as I've stated, the checksums are different between the file download from Russian FTP and the one downloaded from US FTP which means one of the files are bad. Get the point now?

Re-read my posting. I noticed that you refered to the wrong patch version. It reads 'EngCD' in the middle, and you have the DL version of FC.

Why did you post your question twice anyway ?

Thanks for catching that! I meant I have the US CD version purchased from Natural Point. I still need the checksum values to chose between my two downloads.

Edited by <((((><

download the Englishcd version and install. That is all anyone does. First time I have heard about this checksum thing you are mentioning. Get the right download for your version and install that's it. Version 1.12b is for Vista and 1.12a is for XP.

Edited by rattler

If the checksum is incorrect, then the file is corrupt. Because I see two different checksums for the same file from two different download locations, I am certain one of them is bad. I want to avoid any problems so that is why I'm asking for the checksum. Anyway, I hope someone can verify the checksum for me.

Hi Rattler, both files are from the official ED website. They are found here:

http://lockon.co.uk/index.php?end_pos=135&scr=products&lang=en

I'm clicking on the link for - Patch ver.1.12b for LockOn Gold released in USA only and for CD installed english language** version of LockOn 1.1: Flaming Cliffs purchased through our E-shop and NaturalPoint

When you go there, there are links to Russian ftp and US FTP and when you download the files from each ftp, the checksums don't match. CRC/MD5 Checksum should be the same regardless of where you download it. Any corruption in the file and the checksums will not be identical.

Edited by <((((><

Hi Rattler, both files are from the official ED website. They are found here:

http://lockon.co.uk/index.php?end_pos=135&scr=products&lang=en

I'm clicking on the link for - Patch ver.1.12b for LockOn Gold released in USA only and for CD installed english language** version of LockOn 1.1: Flaming Cliffs purchased through our E-shop and NaturalPoint

When you go there, there are links to Russian ftp and US FTP and when you download the files from each ftp, the checksums don't match. CRC/MD5 Checksum should be the same regardless of where you download it. Any corruption in the file and the checksums will not be identical.

Let me go there and see. I downloaded from lockon.ru when the patch first came out. Hang on, I will see what's going on.

Security will not let me in to download. Go to files and click on the English flag upper right and click on files then click on downloads. Look for the FC for cd. v1.12b and click download and see what you get. I can't find my login and password. It will be the 3rd or 4th one down. at the bottom it will say go to russian site for cd download. so just hit the download button on the top as that will be the right one. does not matter if you have lockon gold, that is what I have . Let me know if it downloads. If it does then install as that is the right one.

note. If you have a problem give me your e-mail and I will send you the file. Do you have vista or xp.

Ok I have it . Take it from mirror 1 usa(HTTP) and you should be fine.

Edited by rattler