[REPORTED] Viper Log Book Entries show negative times

Tom Kazansky

hi,

I see negative times in my Viper log book entry.

at the beginning I didn't care much about the "-" (minuses) in front of all the minutes I had flown (sum, day and night), but now I got a sum of (+)10 minutes flight time with -15 daytime and (+)25 nighttime flying.

almost needless to say, that I've flown more than 10 minutes. even my day-time alone should be much more than shown.

it's not a major problem for me, just a bit disturbing.

(using stable, no mods, haven't messed around myself with log book files so far)

Edited by Tom Kazansky

Yes but it's advancing at about 1/5 of the speed it should be, at least for me ;-)

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

I am not seeing negative numbers nor am I seeing flight times advancing slower than they should. Tried out a fresh install, and did some 1-minute flights and saw them increase as expected.

When the Falcon first launched, it took a few hours of flying for my logbook to show a positive number. I checked again yesterday, and it showed 3h 54 min total flighttime, while in reality I have about 20-30h in single player.

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

I noticed the negative values when I was doing Training Missions. I noticed it because the very first mission I selected after downloading the module was the training from a cold start. I then selected the taxi and takeoff. When I checked my logbook my values were in the negative. Once I selected other non-training missions the flight hours went into the positives.

I noticed the negative values when I was doing Training Missions. I noticed it because the very first mission I selected after downloading the module was the training from a cold start. I then selected the taxi and takeoff. When I checked my logbook my values were in the negative. Once I selected other non-training missions the flight hours went into the positives.

my verry first mission was a freeflight followed by a training mission and I noticed my negative times after that.

I just repeated the both of the F-16C training missions and there is no further decrease of flight time in the logbook. So for me it all seems to work correctly now.

logbook test for f16

Hi...

I have made some test on the logbook..

i Have noticed that the time is correct when fly in the cockpit visual...all the others external views reduce the time of flight in the logbook...i think this is the problem...

Need to verify...

Update...Probably confirmed...time of flight in external views reduce flight hours count in logbook

Edited by luigipsic

Hi...

i Have noticed that the time is correct when fly in the cockpit visual...all the others external views reduce the time of flight in the logbook...i think this is the problem...

Need to verify...

Update...Probably confirmed...time of flight in external views reduce flight hours count in logbook

Wow... only with the Viper or with others too? Got to check that when I'm back to my PC!

Hi...

Need to verify...

oh my gosh you are right.

it its easily reproducible:

just took the NTTR Viper freeflight mission, autopilot on, got to F2 external view and waited 2 min, and after the flight there was 2 min less in the logbook of the Viper! :cry:

maybe interesting: timescale did not count while external view, means: even with 6x scale a minute in real life is -1 minute in logbook, not -6.

(EDIT: same test with Hornet NTTR freeflight: no negative minutes. everything fine)

Edited by Tom Kazansky

oh my gosh you are right.

it its easily reproducible:

just took the NTTR Viper freeflight mission, autopilot on, got to F2 external view and waited 2 min, and after the flight there was 2 min less in the logbook of the Viper! :cry:

maybe interesting: timescale did not count while external view, means: even with 6x scale a minute in real life is -1 minute in logbook, not -6.

(EDIT: same test with Hornet NTTR freeflight: no negative minutes. everything fine)

i'm right with you...the hornet seems to be correct but someone says it's not perfect..the logbook must be corrected...i'm reading the falcon 4.0 manual for some additional informations because the guide of the viper is still poor...normal in this phase of EA... the logbook of falcon 4.0 was too rich of informations but this of dcs is the opposite...i want to say that the logbook of dcs it's good... we don't want too informations...but it must be corrected...

p.s. thank you ED for the shadow of airplane corrected in the last ob update... I't s fine yet only to fly between the canyons at low altitude with the shadow of own airplane at 90 feets...it was a bad bug...

I was already a possessor of falcon 4.0 but i didn't read the manual for entire...it's a good simulator but very very old...Dcs is the better simulator now for graphics and other... we awaits for supercarrier, a new map but most important a dynamic campaign (that was good in falcon 4.0 and tfx ef 2000 and tfx f22) and the new clouds... but it doesn't matter... the important is to progress with the viper....(flexible wing,damage model etc).

Thank you all ED for this work..it need also an optimization for api vulkan etc.. I have a rtx 2080ti and 9900k max detail and the fps is min 40..to max 120...40 fps is too poor..

Excuse me for my English...I'm an Italian man with big passion for flight simulators...I don't want to go out of the argument of this thread...It's all...Thank you

Edited by luigipsic

Hi...

Need to verify...

Dear ED,

is this issue still not reproducible on your side? Here with stable DCS and no mods ever it is 100% reproducible. I would highly appreciate if you looked into this again with luigipsic's test results.

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...
  • ED Team

Hi all

I have now reproduced and reported to the team.

thank you for your patience.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2