Hornet Early access is about complete?

NineGravity

March seems a bit early, no?

If you look at the update from March 7th, radar, ACM modes & AIM-7 don't seem to be fully operational yet. RWR and EW pages are also still WIP as far as we can tell from given updates.

I'd love to fly the Hornet this or the next month, but there is still work to be done first. Have to keep expectations to a realistic level. :)

I'm not trying to change expectations just repeating what Wags previously said. I wouldn't at all be surprised if we don't see it till late May...

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | ASUS Crosshair Hero X670E | 64GB G Skill Trident Z DDR5 6000 | Nvidia RTX 4090 FE| Samsung EVO Plus 6 TB M.2 PCIe SSDs | TM Hornet Stick/WinWing Hornet Throttle and MIP | VPC T-50 Stick Base | TM TPR Rudder Pedals W/Damper | Varjo Aero/Pimax Crystal

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

Carrier Strike Group One(CSG-1) Discord

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The best way to handle the release is to not expect it. Any of you that have been around when previous modules have been released know darn well that it comes out when it comes out. Worrying about the release date is pointless. Just be happy when it does come out.

Steve (Slick)

ThrustMaster T.Flight Hotas X | TrackIR5 Pro | EVGA GTX 1070 | Win10 64-bit Professional | Dell Precision 7920 Workstation | 1 TB SSD | 128 GB Memory | Dual Intel Xeon Platinum 2.0 GHz 16 Core Processors (64 Total w/HT ON) | 24" Dell Monitor

Not to mention that such project can be (and it will be) unexpectedly delayed for months because of technical difficulties.

Very true. I think all hope for an early Spring release for the Hornet is just about gone due to the problems with 2.5 and the delay in the release version.

i5 7600K @4.8GHz | 1080 Ti | 32GB 3200MHz | SSD | DCS SETTINGS | "COCKPIT"

The best way to handle the release is to not expect it. Any of you that have been around when previous modules have been released know darn well that it comes out when it comes out. Worrying about the release date is pointless. Just be happy when it does come out.

+1

It‘ll get here when it gets here.

The last time I really got genuinely excited about this stuff was back in the „Kickstarter days“ I believe. It really does not pay off.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Deedle, deedle!

They've mentioned end of March as a target a couple of times and said that end of spring was a fallback definite date if something was delayed. So I think there is still a possibility we will see it in the coming weeks. But I have zero knowledge other than what I've read and seen from Wags.

I believe the end of march target was before the Hornet went into pre-purchase.

They said "Prior" to the end of spring. Which means before the end of spring. They said they were still on track.

Edited by eliterizzo

Sytem Specs: Asus armor Z170 mobo, Intel 6700k i7 chip, gtx 1080, 32g DDR4, 800watt pws, Win10, Samsung NVME M.2 256G Drive, 1T Samsung Evo SSD, 250G Corsair SSD, Asus 4k 28" 60hz Monitor, Oculus Rift, WarthogTM stick and throttle, CH rudder pedals

I would prefer they quoted dates, rather than seasons, particularly if they are marketing themselves as a worldwide software developer.
Couldnt agree more. We here only know 2 seasons ; wet and dry :D

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze

• ED Team

It has been stated before, things can go wrong and dates change, Wags has said this gives them a little wiggle room.

When they have a date and they are happy I am sure they will share it, for now, end of spring is what we know.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

It has been stated before, things can go wrong and dates change, Wags has said this gives them a little wiggle room.

When they have a date and they are happy I am sure they will share it, for now, end of spring is what we know.

now,we don't know what is end of spring,even ED,haha.

Thank you for join the thread

The start of Spring in the Northern Hemisphere begins on Tuesday, March 20 and will end on Thursday, June 21 in Europe and North America, in Russia is 31 May.

Edited by Esac_mirmidon

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

The start of Spring in the Northern Hemisphere begins on Tuesday, March 20 and will end on Thursday, June 21 in Europe and North America, in Russia is 31 May.
Please see the post from RaceFuel:

Wags indicated they meant May 31st when saying "end of spring"

It'll be done when it's done, considering a substantial amount of negativity of the much vaunted release of 2.5 and its inherent problems, as an alpha release, I'm sure ED would much rather this flagship product would be greeted with more praise than 2.5 was, and take their time and making sure it's released as an acceptable working "early release".

I'd much rather they spent a little bit more time fine tuning this anticipated release, than to read scores of threads of " negative responses", similar to 2.5.

Early release = far from final product, lots of bugs, and a heavy Works In Progress" state. A LOT of the goodies will be complimentary with the new shaders in 2.5, you can please some of the people some of the time, you cannot please all of the people, all of the time.

AMD Ryzen 9 7845HX with Radeon Graphics           3.00 GHz

32 GB RAM

2 TB SSD

RTX 4070 8GB

Windows 11 64 bit

You cannot please all of the people, all of the time.

Especially on the forums.....

Steve (Slick)

ThrustMaster T.Flight Hotas X | TrackIR5 Pro | EVGA GTX 1070 | Win10 64-bit Professional | Dell Precision 7920 Workstation | 1 TB SSD | 128 GB Memory | Dual Intel Xeon Platinum 2.0 GHz 16 Core Processors (64 Total w/HT ON) | 24" Dell Monitor

https://www.timeanddate.com/calendar/aboutseasons.html

Northern Meteorological Seasons

According to the meteorological definition, the seasons begin on the first day of the months that include the equinoxes and solstices:

Spring runs from March 1 to May 31;

Summer runs from June 1 to August 31;

Fall (autumn) runs from September 1 to November 30; and

Winter runs from December 1 to February 28 (February 29 in a leap year).

+1

It‘ll get here when it gets here.

The last time I really got genuinely excited about this stuff was back in the „Kickstarter days“ I believe. It really does not pay off.

Couldn't agree more with the above, all this talk and debate about "what exactly is meant by spring?", can you even hear yourselves? I mean, 5 pages!? I understand being excited about the Hornet, I've paid too and I'm waiting but seriously, it'll get here when it gets here!

(oh, and I do remember waiting 9 1/2 weeks for F29 Retaliator on the Atari ST; I swear my grades suffered as a result of being able to think of nothing else for that time! :lol: )

Windows 10 Home, Intel Core i7-9700K @ 4.6GHz, Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (8GB VRAM) on 34" LG curved monitor @ 3440x1440, 32GB RAM, TrackIR 3 (with Vector Expansion), Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Combat Pedals, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs.

It'll be done when it's done, considering a substantial amount of negativity of the much vaunted release of 2.5 and its inherent problems, as an alpha release, I'm sure ED would much rather this flagship product would be greeted with more praise than 2.5 was, and take their time and making sure it's released as an acceptable working "early release".

I'd much rather they spent a little bit more time fine tuning this anticipated release, than to read scores of threads of " negative responses", similar to 2.5.

Early release = far from final product, lots of bugs, and a heavy Works In Progress" state. A LOT of the goodies will be complimentary with the new shaders in 2.5, you can please some of the people some of the time, you cannot please all of the people, all of the time.

That's truly odd - personally I find 2.5 far far far better than previous versions, and the most impressive sim overall of any other I've played.

Mambero75, I never said it wasn't any good, graphics wise it's the best release to date, what I said was that reading all the negative comments with regards to the terrains "early release/pre alpha" hasn't been met with open arms.

However... since the last upgrade, it's broken complete modules, and is leaving blokes pulling their hair out with frustration, myself included, they wiped out the entire 3d objects within NTTR..

So back to the F/A18, I'd much rather be able to fly a stable build when it's available, than an early release that has a very good chance of being trashed, due to terrain updates.

AMD Ryzen 9 7845HX with Radeon Graphics           3.00 GHz

32 GB RAM

2 TB SSD

RTX 4070 8GB

Windows 11 64 bit