Couple of questions - can't find answers to them?

Hey there

Just got a couple of simple questions, that I can't find answers to (at this time).

1. Why am I "usually" shown as "new callsign" - can I change that to my name, and how?

2. Haven't looked through the complete KA-50 controls yet so forgive me if I'm overlooking this, but can I set the PVI (I think that's what that numpad panel for navigation is called) to my keyboards numpad?

3. In the KA-50 to the left of the Shkval monitor there is a compass. But it never points to where the waypoint is, only where the yellow marker is (which is presumably set every time I trim) - can I make that compass point to the waypoints like the HUD does, just as a backup?

TIA

you can change your nickname/callsign in the logbook, and in the option of the multiplayer server browser as well.

RR

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"There's nothing to be gained by second guessing yourself.

You can't remake the past, so look ahead... or risk being left behind."

Noli Timere Messorem

"No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always been there first, and is waiting for it."

Terry Pratchett

1. See roadrunner's post

2. Yes

3. No I don't think you can, there is another backup navigation but I can't remember off the top of my head. Have a read of the .pdf manual for the ka50 and you should find what you need.

RTX 2070 8GB | 32GB DDR4 2666 RAM | AMD Ryzen 5 3600 4.2Ghz | Asrock X570 | CH Fighterstick/Pro Throttle | TM MFDs | TrackIR 5

OK thanks. I must admit I have not yet read the Ka-50 manual...

I'll look in the controls to set the PVI panel to my keyboard then (assuming it's not be default). That will be very helpful as clicking on the PVI for waypoints seems to be the only time I look down in the cockpit once I'm airborne, at the moment at least.

And thanks for the tip on the call sign, as usual the answer was right in front of me and I couldn't see it. Doh!