Remove the trees 100% of the game?

.......The game, at peak hours, has maybe a few dozen people online over all the servers. .......

This is very sad but also true !

Regardless of EDGE, DX11 etc. and what not else, DCS needs to attract more players to have more options to have fun online.

How often do we only see 2-3 servers online with enough pilots to make a furball out of it, to

have some fun ?

The next BIG THING for DCS after EDGE should be about polishing online game experience.

It's like having a Class-XYZ Race Car, but all others that run such a car life so far away and so few, that you will almost never be able to race around a track with somebody. Sooner or later, despite you love your Race Car, you will feel all alone on the track, the few you meet feel the same and

love goes away, slowly but steadily. When you realize it ? Well, when you sit behind something else that gives you what the predecessor lacked.

Now what would it be that brings our numbers up ?

- reliable and performant net code

- better GUI for Server-Search ( Favourites, Filters, Chatrooms, like in OLD DAYS ! )

- Lightened Mission Planner for Quick Online Action

- DEDICATED SERVER ( supposed to arrive with EDGE AFAIR )

- Dynamic Engine ( in the long run, this is what will give you replay-ability for years )

Why is there NO ED hosted server ? By all means, it is like Mrs. Quandt would come around the corner in a Porsche despite she owns like half of BMW. Is ED afraid of what could happen ( shitstorm, complaints etc.. ) if they host a server that crashes as often as others do ?

Again, why, for what reason, can't we see a REFERENCE SERVER from ED ?

I really hope you are not ashamed of your own product, one could think so for seeing no server under the Owners flag.

Bit

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

(re: Message 26)

I like flying the Ka-50.

Pre FC3 in World was fun. After? Not much fun always getting killed by usually a F-15 and me without an adequate CAP. I try to hide, 4 meters off the deck; still dead.

So, I don't fly the Shark much anymore online in DCS.

The P-51D has a small community of a couple of servers I fly once in awhile.

What I have wanted since coming here 3 or 4 years ago is a central server (even with a monthly fee) that was ED/DCS managed where everybody could play based on Zulu time with rotating mission maps like

http://www.hitechcreations.com

has done for years.

Edited by DieHard

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Every branch shaking, shifting, and falling in the icy wind,

A tiny leaf at the very end holds strong,

Why am I here, questioning wondering waiting, for that final pulse that will blow him down?

But in that tree was a force, a force of life, a force of strength, a force unmatched by the icy wind.

That tree was a young tree, a tree that never crossed roots with wild bushes,

Bore fruits desired by many, tasted by few and discarded by the very planter,

Questioning why am I here, questioning is this the only way?

Didn't know my friend from Mississippi was so poetic.

I still forget about your server being up afternoons and at night. I will stop by.

Edited by DieHard

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Not much fun always getting killed by usually a F-15 and me without an adequate CAP. I try to hide, 4 meters off the deck; still dead.

So, I don't fly much anymore online in DCS.

Most people prefer to dominate in a front runner rather than be challenged in an underdog. Perhaps more mud mover servers are needed. Or with just limited slots (say 2/3 either side for CAP).

Reference OP, are you trying to remove trees so the enemy doesn't have an advantage (being able to see/shoot through them) or to gain fps?

Valve Index | RTX 3070 Ti (Mobile) | i7-12700H @ 2.7GHz | 16GB RAM

If we had to keep the entire user base happy we would still be 'flying' ms flightsimulator...

Msfs1.00_000.png

true I have a high end rig ...currently... in 3 years time it will be getting a bit old to run the latest stuff...

Turn the detail down until you can justify an upgrade...

DX11 can, if done correctly give you better FPS than DX9 as I believe the later G cards/ drivers are more efficient at delivery eye candy with FPS too.

its frightening how quickly hardware becomes obsolete... sigh...

look at how IL CLOD mods have driven the FPS down and eye candy up.... that balance is at least lopsided towards the eye candy....

I am sooo loking forward to the new Aircraft, edge and Oculus rift!!!

happy flying...