NEXT LEVEL MOTION PLATFORM V3

Hey.

Long time no see. Hope this doesnt count as a necro but thought this was the place to ask again.

Just got my platform back after having it sent back to Next Level Racing, a sensor was faulty. Great support. However sending it back cost me a fair share since its very heavy.

Anyway, nice to see propper support for the platform now.

However now my platform wont work on any server at all, only singelplayer. Has something changed?

Heya Speedstick,

I had the exact same issue - the problem is present in the 2 most recent updates to the NLR/MSEU Platform Manager.

The good news is that it’s been reported and they are aware (I spent nearly a fortnight back and fourth with their support, trouble shooting and testing). They have also fixed the issue in their most recent internal beta...if you ping their customer service with the issue they should be able to give you a DL link for it. If you have no joy in a timely fashion, drop me a PM and I’ll upload it to google drive for you.

Cheers,

Brick.

9700k@5.2Ghz | GTX 1080ti | 32gb Ram@3200Mhz | 512gb M.2 NVME SSD

Oculus Rift S | VKB GF Pro Mk.II+MCG Pro (rotary wing) | BRD DS-Raven (fixed wing) | MFG Crosswind V2 | Jetseat+SSA/SSM | SimLab GT1 80/20 Rig | NLR Motion Platform V3 | Quad Bass Shaker Setup

DIY Control Panels: 'White Rhino' Throttle | UFC | MFBB Left | MFBB Right | MFBB Centre | WEP-TECH ACP | HYD-MECH LDG | SYS-ELEC | AN/ARC Radio

Heya Speedstick,

I had the exact same issue - the problem is present in the 2 most recent updates to the NLR/MSEU Platform Manager.

The good news is that it’s been reported and they are aware (I spent nearly a fortnight back and fourth with their support, trouble shooting and testing). They have also fixed the issue in their most recent internal beta...if you ping their customer service with the issue they should be able to give you a DL link for it. If you have no joy in a timely fashion, drop me a PM and I’ll upload it to google drive for you.

Cheers,

Brick.

Hey thanks. If you wanna upload a version that would be gold! I've sent them an email but might be faster if you would not mind uploading it too. I was starting to think something was wrong with me, not getting it to work...

"Hard to imagine bigger engine. its got a beautiful face and an arse built like sputnik." - Pikey AKA The Poet, on 37 Viggen.

Hey thanks. If you wanna upload a version that would be gold! I've sent them an email but might be faster if you would not mind uploading it too. I was starting to think something was wrong with me, not getting it to work...

PM sent, good sir :thumbup:

9700k@5.2Ghz | GTX 1080ti | 32gb Ram@3200Mhz | 512gb M.2 NVME SSD

Oculus Rift S | VKB GF Pro Mk.II+MCG Pro (rotary wing) | BRD DS-Raven (fixed wing) | MFG Crosswind V2 | Jetseat+SSA/SSM | SimLab GT1 80/20 Rig | NLR Motion Platform V3 | Quad Bass Shaker Setup

DIY Control Panels: 'White Rhino' Throttle | UFC | MFBB Left | MFBB Right | MFBB Centre | WEP-TECH ACP | HYD-MECH LDG | SYS-ELEC | AN/ARC Radio

• 4 weeks later...

I just received my NLR V3 and cannot seem to get it to work with DCS.

I have the latest version of the beta installed on my C: drive.

When I launched the software, the platform manager shows that DCS world is configured. It points to my DCS beta installation.

In addition, It says it cannot find DCS beta.

I can launch the program from the profile for DCS world but no joy as far as motion.

It seems strange that the manager cannot find the beta on my system and that it thinks my beta installation is DCS World.

Any ideas on how to fix?

thanks

Gigabyte Z390 mobo, i9-9900K, 32gb ram, GTX 2080 ti, Evo 970 nvme 1tb, 2 DSD button box OSW panels, Oculus Rift CV1, Odyssey Plus, Valve Index, Rift S, HP Reverb, 2 SimRacingStudio wind sim fans, MFG Crosswind pedals, Warthog hotas w 50mm extension, Simlab GT1 EVOcockpit, Gametrix Jet Seat, SFX-100 3DOF motion, 8 transducers, 2 Cougar MFD's

DCS World, Simshaker for Aviators, sound module

Modules: P51, F/18, All Rotor craft, F14, F16, FC3

Super Carrier

Hmm. Thats weird. Have you tried just selecting a profile and pressing Activate? Some time mine doesnt active the first couple of times. Do you have the 2.94 software?

"Hard to imagine bigger engine. its got a beautiful face and an arse built like sputnik." - Pikey AKA The Poet, on 37 Viggen.

I have tried activating a few times and launching from the profile. No joy.

I have tried launching the game first from desktop icon then launching the NLR software. No joy either.

I did discover this:

I originally had the release version installed and updated it to the beta version.

BUT, the folder on my hard drive is still titled DCS World....not DCS world openbeta. I wonder if I rename it and do a rescan would help. I don't want to screw things up more than they are now....lol

Gigabyte Z390 mobo, i9-9900K, 32gb ram, GTX 2080 ti, Evo 970 nvme 1tb, 2 DSD button box OSW panels, Oculus Rift CV1, Odyssey Plus, Valve Index, Rift S, HP Reverb, 2 SimRacingStudio wind sim fans, MFG Crosswind pedals, Warthog hotas w 50mm extension, Simlab GT1 EVOcockpit, Gametrix Jet Seat, SFX-100 3DOF motion, 8 transducers, 2 Cougar MFD's

Super Carrier

• 4 weeks later...

Well I did a re-install of the beta and finally got it to work properly.

Now I am trying to set up a good profile.

Would you consider sharing your settings?

thanks

Super Carrier

Well I did a re-install of the beta and finally got it to work properly.

Now I am trying to set up a good profile.

Would you consider sharing your settings?

thanks

Hey! I feel you.... I asked for settings like a year ago and nobody replied so I'm gonna break the bad circle and post mine for you.

However, I am not satisfied with my settings at all, but it might give you some ideas.

If anyone else wants to share their settings too, that would be great.

Also, there's a pitch shift that occurs when taking off. It happens exactly when your aircraft becomse airborne and the wheels are of the ground, its a pretty violent pitch up. I guess this might have to do with you pitch-curvature settings or it might be an effect that simulates wheels of the ground. I actually like it, but I would like it to not be so violent. Anyone else noticed that?

Edit: arg cant upload that profile here. Dont really have any accounts to upload anywhere else, suggestions?

Thanks for your response. I think most people take screen shots and upload them. Or send your profile to ,like, drop box or Google drive and post a link.

I will share mine also. I have not noticed an exaggerated nose up pltch when taking off on my settings.

Super Carrier

Super Carrier

How is it working for you? I’m thinking if I can get a platform te of motion rih that I can mount my current platform that I made for my speedmaster flight setup. I raised it up to help me get in and especially out.

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

How is it working for you? I’m thinking if I can get a platform te of motion rih that I can mount my current platform that I made for my speedmaster flight setup. I raised it up to help me get in and especially out.

I am really enjoying the nlrv3. My settings are ok. I just I am missing something that could really make DCS more enjoyable.

Super Carrier

Hey sorry for the late reply. Ive been sick and away from home, but just took a scrnshot of the settings. I play around with them a lot so take them with a grain of salt.

I left out VR since that is depdent on your VR setup. I also left out Game Input interpolation since I really havent touched them.

settings.thumb.jpg.9e999daf125210e49e987529f91fd95f.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hey just a follow up.

Anybody else got any more advanced setting or tips?

My VR compensation thing has gone haywire for some reason.

Also, has anyone played around with G-force for Y-axis instead of pitch?

I did so a long time ago before my platform got damamged. I was emailing with MotionSystems.eu and got some settings but I wasent ideal.

I wanna try it again though. Anybody else tried this?

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...

Recently there was a change for the profile format in the Platform Manager software. Also the script files for DCS were rewritten. In my opinion this brought the motion platform V3 a big step forward. I tried to create a new profile using the new possibilities of the profile input parameters (for example it is now possible to set the effects on the ground independently from flight manoeuvers, also it is finally possible to have longitudinal forces). Perhaps this is useful for some V3 owners. Hence I only fly in VR so I don’t know wether my profile is also good for pancake flying.

I attached screenshots of my settings.

Perhaps some words on my general approach for those who are interested:

The default settings of the motion platform V3 for DCS always seemed a little arcade-style to me. Some people even got the wrong impression that a 2-DOF platform with only 10 degree of pitch and roll is of no use for a flight simulator. But that is not true - you can get amazing effects out of such a platform.

Every motion platform provides a kind of motion budget which has to be spend wisely. Often you have to decide what is important for you because putting every effect into it can easily lead to a masking effect (one effect gets masked by another one with the result of not being able to have the desired feedback).

Tilting a motion platform sideways synchronous to the roll manoeuvers of the aircraft doesn’t make sense to me, since in a coordinated flight there are no lateral forces on the pilot. Only in special situations there a lateral forces (barrel roll, landing with turbulence, etc.). So it is better to keep your side tilt budget for that stuff. For the motion platform V3 there is a certain backlash effect when creating a violent roll impulse which I compensate with a certain amount of sustained roll. So i use sustained roll only as a kind of expedient.

I also always set the sustained body pitch parameters to zero because I don’t see the value of a pitching plane as feedback. Especially when taking into account a case like an accelerated dive (nose down attitude) were the pitching platform creates the wrong feeling of a decelerating aircraft. I always try to emphasis the vertical G-force since that is the main force felt during a flight. Therefore I like to max out the pitch impulse (intermittent pitch). Sustained pitching the motion platform on ground manoeuvers is helpful for breaking and accelerating effects however.

Also for ground acceleration keep in mind that a jet can’t accelerate beyond around 1G with the power of his engines. On the catapult you can reach around 3G and in the air of course up to 9G and more. So it is a good idea to keep ground forces at a fraction of the possible range of the motion platform to have a good ratio between a normal start, a cat shot or a dogfight manoever. You won’t get any G’s anyway - it’s all about creating short impulse forces in a certain degree and not sustained forces.

One last thing: Make use of the post processing modifiers of the Platform Manager!!! I use it for smooting out roll and for violating pitch.

P01.jpg

P02.JPG

P03.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have had the NLR Motion Platform V3 for about 5 years, purchased used off Ebay at half the retail price.  The only issue I have had was with the PCB.  I got a replacement through NLR for $400.  The the tech support was very responsive.  I recently modified my DIY flight simulator to be a full rig motion (2D) with the V3 using 80/20 15 series profiles.  I made a base with a boom for the pedals.  The base attaches directly to the NLR V3.  My seat is constructed of 3/4" plywood with a slide base attached to the profile base.  So far this is working very well.  The only thing missing is Heave.  I can configure the rig for fixed wing or rotary wing.  Stick base, throttle, collective and panel are from Virpil Controls, the pedals are from Slaw Device, and the stick grip is from Thrustmaster.

20230808_084312.jpg

20230809_131741.jpg

• Like 3

• 1 month later...