DCS Update Patch Notes Discussion Thread

NineLine

• ED Team
BIGNEWY, a patch means a hotfix?

Patch, hopefully Wednesday if things go to plan.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't mean to upset anyone, I can understand the frustration that some people are experiencing, but remember that beta is an experimental mode and things are pushed out that seem to work back with the developers but they need to see how it all fairs across the massive range of different set-ups that we all have. I don't think it is quite fair to talk about taking steps back since the gap between the sim as it was only 5 years ago and now is huge and the technical sophistication of flight models, look of externals and cockpits etc, has been nothing less than revolutionary. One of the reasons for that has been us and our willingness to try stuff out. So hopefully there will be a resolution but if not just keep testing and reporting and that will hope to move things further forward.

Take care

Neil

• ED Team
I don't mean to upset anyone, I can understand the frustration that some people are experiencing, but remember that beta is an experimental mode and things are pushed out that seem to work back with the developers but they need to see how it all fairs across the massive range of different set-ups that we all have. I don't think it is quite fair to talk about taking steps back since the gap between the sim as it was only 5 years ago and now is huge and the technical sophistication of flight models, look of externals and cockpits etc, has been nothing less than revolutionary. One of the reasons for that has been us and our willingness to try stuff out. So hopefully there will be a resolution but if not just keep testing and reporting and that will hope to move things further forward.

Take care

Neil

Thank you for your kind words and support Neil.

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

DCS 2.5.6. Fast mission does not seem to work properly

Hi Bignewy,

Can't agree more with Neil's comment.

I just wanted to report that I installed version 2.5.6. last Friday. I tried to create a fast mission with the F/A 18C with ground attack, one wingman and on the ramp. It generates the mission but when you click on Fly, it shows up the F10 map and with F2 you cycle through the different units on the field but no F/A 18C and with F1 no access to cockpit. I will patiently wait until the next fix is available.

Congratulations to you for what you do offer to sim enthusiasts.

kind regards,

Manderfeld

Windows 10 x64, NVIDIA Titan RTX, INTEL Core i9-9960X @ 4,4 GHz , 128GB DDR4, Acer CG437K, TM Warthog, TM rudder pedals, Discord Manderfeld, Tacview, SRS Radio.

• ED Team
Hi Bignewy,

Can't agree more with Neil's comment.

I just wanted to report that I installed version 2.5.6. last Friday. I tried to create a fast mission with the F/A 18C with ground attack, one wingman and on the ramp. It generates the mission but when you click on Fly, it shows up the F10 map and with F2 you cycle through the different units on the field but no F/A 18C and with F1 no access to cockpit. I will patiently wait until the next fix is available.

Congratulations to you for what you do offer to sim enthusiasts.

kind regards,

Manderfeld

Thank you for your report and welcome to the forum.

We do have the create fast mission issue reported to the team.

Thank you

Hi

Can I suggest you guys either extend your current Internal Testing Team or just create a distinct and experienced group of users to extensively test these updates prior to public launch?

Something like a focus group, especially running MP servers as most dramatic issues seem to appear online.

It's just a suggestion, no criticism intended here.

"The natural function of the wing is to soar upwards and carry that which is heavy up to the place where dwells the race of gods.

More than any other thing that pertains to the body it partakes of the nature of the divine." — Plato, Phaedrus.

Like a beta test team? I thought that was the intention of the Open Beta.

yes; and no. This is like an "open beta", a lot of normal users just run on "beta" because they want to play on Multiplayer servers, which (at least for the popular ones) are running on the Beta (broad generalisation).

I think there does need to be an intermediate step, but, i think that needs to be "invite only" rather than everyone who wants the latest candy ...

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

yes; and no. This is like an "open beta", a lot of normal users just run on "beta" because they want to play on Multiplayer servers, which (at least for the popular ones) are running on the Beta (broad generalisation).

I think there does need to be an intermediate step, but, i think that needs to be "invite only" rather than everyone who wants the latest candy ...

That's what a Closed Beta is. There surely is one but they seem to manage to not learn much from it.

That's the moral conflict.

Everyone that wants the latest candy uses the Open Beta. The MP servers that want to cater to the players using the latest candy are heavily populated because of this reason. Yet, users complain about the bugs in the Open Beta.

ED uses the vast player base to test these on a large scale, prior to the stable release. If you can handle the occasional flawed releases (and honestly, these largely flawed releases are very few and far between), then use the beta and report the bugs so they get fixed, otherwise wait for the stable.

Edited by Britchot

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

CPU - Intel 8088 @ 4.77 MHz; Memory - 128KB; 360KB double-sided

5 1/4" full-height floppy disk drive; 10MB Seagate ST-412 hard drive

JG-1 MiG-21bis Checklist

That's the moral conflict.

Everyone that wants the latest candy uses the Open Beta. The MP servers that want to cater to the players using the latest candy are heavily populated because of this reason. Yet, users complain about the bugs in the Open Beta.

ED uses the vast player base to test these on a large scale, prior to the stable release. If you can handle the occasional flawed releases (and honestly, these largely flawed releases are very few and far between), then use the beta and report the bugs so they get fixed, otherwise wait for the stable.

I'm still trying understand people in open beta that go to great extremes insulting the developer and other customers involved in open beta. It's only a hand full but wow. Go to the stable release and stay out of open beta please.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

AMP WIZARD "Forest Gumble" "When the air becomes electric....It's like a box of chocolates":captain:

Windows 11 Pro 64 bit | Intel Alder Lake i7 12700KF | Asus Prime Z690M Plus D4 | CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 64GB (2 x 32GB) DDR4 3200 | EVGA GTX 1070 SC @1594MHz/4000 MHz 8GB | 1x42" Multi Touch Screen and 1x27" 4k widescreen | Saitek x52 Pro |

Why exactly is the DCS 2.5.6 executable trying to access protected folders containing my cripto keys?

Some say that all men should get in touch with their 'Feminine' side.

When I finally got in touch with mine, she turned out to be a Crazy Cat Lady.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

They tried to migate that by alternating beta and stable releases. Obviosly that didn't work, at least when bigger problems accrue.

I mean, if those comments anoy them they could take some beta palyers and make it a closed beta with some kind of NDA, then no one is aware of the newest candy because they don't know about it.

tbh the stable version is obsolete, which isn't good for new players because there a fewer MP servers and the beta can get game (MP) breaking updates which might offset new players too.

imho a closed beta would be de best but yeah, i want the latest candy too so i am guilty just aswell.

edbanner_new.png
AMD R5 3600 @ 4,5GHz, ASUS TUF RTX 3070 Ti, MSI Tomahawk B450 MAX, 32GB G.Skill Aegis DDR4-3200, Liquid Freezer II 280, Corsair HXi Series HX750i

I'm still trying understand people in open beta that go to great extremes insulting the developer and other customers involved in open beta. It's only a hand full but wow. Go to the stable release and stay out of open beta please.

That's a common sense approach - but as you know, common sense ain't that common. ;)

But yes, I wholeheartedly agree with you.

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Hi

Can I suggest you guys either extend your current Internal Testing Team or just create a distinct and experienced group of users to extensively test these updates prior to public launch?

Something like a focus group, especially running MP servers as most dramatic issues seem to appear online.

It's just a suggestion, no criticism intended here.

I like the idea and let's call it closed betatest. I might even sign up myself to help.

Why exactly is the DCS 2.5.6 executable trying to access protected folders containing my cripto keys?

More importantly - why would you store something like that on the inherently insecure Windows operating system to begin with?

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

More importantly - why would you store something like that on the inherently insecure Windows operating system to begin with?

touché

edbanner_new.png
AMD R5 3600 @ 4,5GHz, ASUS TUF RTX 3070 Ti, MSI Tomahawk B450 MAX, 32GB G.Skill Aegis DDR4-3200, Liquid Freezer II 280, Corsair HXi Series HX750i

Badam tsss :D

Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X | i7 9700K@5.0GHz | Asus TUF OC RTX 4090 | 32GB DDR4@3200MHz | HP Reverb G2 | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Croswinds

Better performance here, BUT.. if I turn on the floodlights it's stuttering (Mirage).

[ i7 8700K@5Ghz (LC) - GTX 1080 TI (LC) - 32GB G.Skill Flare X 3200 - Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming K3 - Samsung 970 PRO NVME SSD - LG 34" Ultra Wide - HTC Vive - Virpil MongoosT-50/WarBRD Base ]

Any idea when we will see a patch for 2.5.6 dressing the worst issues? This week?

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

I definitely see a performance improvement in 2.5.6. With my modest system, I'm pretty much stuck around 30 FPS. But I see less stutter when taxiing around air bases even with mirrors on. And at higher altitudes, I can get 60 FPS (something I don't get in the release branch).

Did anyone notice a change with clouds? I flew at angels 50 and the tops of the slight overcast looked different. Not sure if it’s lighting or change with clouds.

So far what I've noticed about overcast is that the cloud layer remains self iluminated at night as in previous patches. Other than that and the missing cloud shadows on the sea, I'm liking the new look of things.