Ho to Position Custom Cockpits in dcs,ANY TIPS?

cubanace

ok i got the cockpit running just fine but the problem is that when i look at the sides and down i can see a gap of like 4 feet from my custom cockpit and the other 3d model of the pak fa model, my guess is it has to do with positioning and i have been working on that and it does help,so far i have been using 3dx max to move the humancockpit around ,up,down and foward and back, but i think i can do the same in game with the VIEW LAU correct? to position the cockpit better on top of the 3d model of the pak fa? any ideas or steps guys? in other words i want the cockpit to conect with the 3d model of the pak fa and no gaps.

have you checked

mainpanel_init.lua:

cockpit_local_point = {3.188, 0.39, 0.0}

dont know what its for but it sounds like it could be related to your problem :)

(this one is from the ka50)

'controlling' the Ka50 feels like a discussion with the Autopilot and trim system about the flight direction.

First of all, your aircraft model has to have argument 113 (correct me If I'm wrong, it might be 114) which is responsible for visibility of the aircrafts cockpit. You have to hide the cockpit seen from outside, like on F2 view, then there will be no double cockpit problem, only custom cockpit will be able to see on cockpit view. Then you have to position your cockpit with values mentioned by Nero.ger

First of all, your aircraft model has to have argument 113 (correct me If I'm wrong, it might be 114) which is responsible for visibility of the aircrafts cockpit. You have to hide the cockpit seen from outside, like on F2 view, then there will be no double cockpit problem, only custom cockpit will be able to see on cockpit view. Then you have to position your cockpit with values mentioned by Nero.ger

Bingo thank you sir!!!:D

At least I knew it was 1 of these 2 haha :).

ok i have been busy at my real job, il get back at the argument cockpit on monday to make it work, so i guess i just highlight the whole cockpit in 3dx max and give it the 114 argument number is that how it works, or do i set a viewpoint in the cockpit and give it the 114 argument for hide F2 view? :book: