SimShaker for DCS World Sound Mode Expansion - Discussion

So far I've only tested the P51, but... I am impressed, Sir! You've brought my butt kicker back to life. I'd kinda given up on it in the past, as I could never get a satisfactory result with it in DCS.

Thank you! Looking forward to testing more of my favorite airframes with this. :)

Thank you Mack for such a positive feedback! I helps me to move things further.

:thumbup:

Edit: One thing I feel is missing and maybe mentioned before - is there a way to implement impact effect? For example if you're flying P-51 and it gets hit by rounds from another aircraft we should feel some sort of effect on airframe. That is just a small nit-pick - overall it is very impressive.

Yes, there was a disscussion above, please have a look.

It's pretty hard and interesting part of work. I'haven't managed to do it yet.

For now I suggest you to try using 'Copy panel shake' effect. If the hit was hard enough, I suppose it can produce a kick.

Gametrix JetSeats thread (in English) ,

SimShaker addon for bass-shakers thread (in English),

Andre's blog, downloads, manuals (in English).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Andrey,

SimShaker Sound Module can also be used by a single soundcard. But then, you need a card with dedicated channels. Those sound cards are usually used for audio recording...

It's a good news Olaf!

Could you please give as an example of such a card and wich of channels can be used for buttkicker?

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks for the update Andre, I tested the Mig21 for a short while and found some small issues:

- After burner effects were not present or not detectable (I turned the slider to 100%)

- When doing a rough landing, the landing gear got damaged, but remained perfectly in place. Upon damaging the landing gear, all runway vibrations were gone. I took off again and couldn't get the landing gear up (--> damaged), landed again to double check but I landed so bad that the landing gear broke off and landed on the belly of the plane, and that gave great vibrations!

- While in previous version the runway bumps were very weak, they were better again (as you mentioned), but now I could not really detect any of those continueous vibrations, or maybe too little. Maybe someone else could verify this?

cheers,

Geert

Hi geert,

thanks a lot for your feedback!

- After burner effects were not present or not detectable (I turned the slider to 100%)
Hmm... I can feel it pretty good with slider at 100%. May be white noise sound I used very dependent on bass shaker type.... Can you see the effect working if you switch on Sound Module 'Log to screen' option?

- When doing a rough landing, the landing gear got damaged, but remained perfectly in place. Upon damaging the landing gear, all runway vibrations were gone.
Frankly speaking, I thought that bug is already fixed. I've just corrected the code once again more seriously. Hope this time it will work.

I took off again and couldn't get the landing gear up (--> damaged), landed again to double check but I landed so bad that the landing gear broke off and landed on the belly of the plane, and that gave great vibrations!

- While in previous version the runway bumps were very weak, they were better again (as you mentioned),
the language construction is a bit complicated for me to understand, would you please say it in other words?

but now I could not really detect any of those continueous vibrations, or maybe too little. Maybe someone else could verify this?

I have not changed 'rolling' files last time. May be it's dependent on bass shaker type again...

Let's wait for a while.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi guys, quick question, I currently run my sound through a Soundblaster XFi card in 7.1 through my headphones using an optical cable.

Because of this my butt kicker no longer works, however I also have integrated sound on my motherboard, using this program, would I be able to connect the Buttkicker to the integrated sound card and get that working again, while keeping my main sound coming through the optical connection for the headphones on the Soundblaster?

Hope that's clear as mud. If you say yes to this, then you are gonna make me day, I've been dreaming about getting the BO working again for ages

Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

Hi guys, quick question, I currently run my sound through a Soundblaster XFi card in 7.1 through my headphones using an optical cable.

Because of this my butt kicker no longer works, however I also have integrated sound on my motherboard, using this program, would I be able to connect the Buttkicker to the integrated sound card and get that working again, while keeping my main sound coming through the optical connection for the headphones on the Soundblaster?

Hope that's clear as mud. If you say yes to this, then you are gonna make me day, I've been dreaming about getting the BO working again for ages

Cowboy10uk

Yes this works, I have set it up the same way.

Headphones connected to my Asus Xonar soundcard, buttkicker is connected to the onboard soundcard.

Cfantastic news guys.. Time to head into the loft and get the Buttkicker back down then. :)

Sorry can't see where I purchase this from. Have I missed the boat, or is this still avalible somewhere. I see the Indego project has ended, but is there anyway I can pay my $20 to get this working. It sounds fantastic.

Cowboy10uk

Edited by Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

Cfantastic news guys.. Time to head into the loft and get the Buttkicker back down then. :)

Sorry can't see where I purchase this from. Have I missed the boat, or is this still avalible somewhere. I see the Indego project has ended, but is there anyway I can pay my $20 to get this working. It sounds fantastic.

Cowboy10uk

I donated the money through the website. After that Andrey send me a link for the download...

Just noticed this thread; what a wonderful product! Donation sent.

Asus Z390 Code XI, i9-9900K, RAM 32 Gig Corsair Vengeance @ 3200, RTX 2080 TI FE, TIR 5, Samsung 970 EVO 1TB, HOTAS WH, ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q, HTC Vive Pro, Win 10 x64

Does this update automatically? Also I noticed if I alt tab out of dcs world to make setting changes or just alt tab and back in your program no longer works and have to restart computer to get it working again.

I'm having all sorts of problems sometime it works most times it doesn't. I primary fly a10c and ka50 still haven't had any effects work with ka50. Are we not suppose to run modded sounds aka diveplanes sound mods?

I saw discussion in here about making sure dcs world is using lua file how do we do that?

Edited by rcjonessnp175

I7 4770k @ 4.6, sli 980 evga oc edition, ssdx2, Sony 55 inch edid hack nvidia 3dvision. Volair sim pit, DK2 Oculus Rift.

Hi rcjonessnp175,

you are the very first contributor, thanks a lot for your feedback!

Does this update automatically?

Yes, that's right.

Also I noticed if I alt tab out of dcs world to make setting changes or just alt tab and back in your program no longer works and have to restart computer to get it working again.

I'm a bit surprised. Never heard before about such a problem. Do you mean Sound Module or SimShaker base module?

I'm having all sorts of problems sometime it works most times it doesn't. I primary fly a10c and ka50 still haven't had any effects work with ka50.

Do you have any activity at 'SimShaker for DCS World' --> View --> Show Debug Info window while in game?

Can you see black stripes at Sound Module visualization bars while test with KA-50 mission running?

Are we not suppose to run modded sounds aka diveplanes sound mods?
I don't think it's relevant to telemetry data that I use to make SimShaker working.

I saw discussion in here about making sure dcs world is using lua file how do we do that?
Yes, we can check this by looking activity at 'SimShaker for DCS World' --> View --> Show Debug Info window

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ok thanks for quick reply.

When I alt tab it's the dcs world sound module that will stop working.

When do the test it works fine I'm just having problems it seems maybe similar to what kuky was having.

I'll go down and check the debug I assume that's a check we do while game is running in mission?

So update whenever I alt tab out the dcs world sound module disappears in the task bar so shuts down.

Edited by rcjonessnp175

I7 4770k @ 4.6, sli 980 evga oc edition, ssdx2, Sony 55 inch edid hack nvidia 3dvision. Volair sim pit, DK2 Oculus Rift.

Ok crossing fingers but I think I fixed it by copying the export lua from install of dcs to saved games dcs wow the ka50 is sweet!!!

So far so good, only thing is the cannons on ka50 and a10c want to blow up my buttkicker. Is their any recommended settings on the buttkicker amp for your Program?

Ok crossing fingers but I think I fixed it by copying the export lua from install of dcs to saved games dcs wow the ka50 is sweet!!!

I suggest it should had been done automatically by SimShaker, if you'd permitted the operation. But, OK, thanks a lot for your update :)

So far so good, only thing is the cannons on ka50 and a10c want to blow up my buttkicker. Is their any recommended settings on the buttkicker amp for your Program?

I would recommend to keep your habitual settings on the buttkicker amp and first try to move sliders at SimShaker tab pages "FC3 Jet Planes" and "Helicopters" to adjust effect gain. I think 25% gain level for cannon fire effect would be fine.

If there are any problems left please let me know.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Everything is good to go and got the cannons adjusted have to say this is a very good application. Look forward to jet engine rumble and even more good ideas you'll come up with. Keep up good work!

Everything is good to go and got the cannons adjusted have to say this is a very good application. ... Keep up good work!

Great! I'm very glad :)

Cheers!

Look forward to jet engine rumble ...

Do you think it's worth implementing?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I think we should try it at the very least. For instance the rotor rotation whoop is by far the most immersive thing I've felt and adds so much to the perception of flight. I think with the jets it would do the same and add so much immersion. That is one thing I feel is missing.

I think we should try it at the very least. For instance the rotor rotation whoop is by far the most immersive thing I've felt and adds so much to the perception of flight. I think with the jets it would do the same and add so much immersion. That is one thing I feel is missing.

Why not? We have telemetry data needed. Let's try it some day.

Have you already tried jet afterburner effect at Mig-21 and piston engine run effect at WWII planes?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Mig21 is excellent by chance could you incorporate the speed brake effect on the a10c also. Was so cool coming in for landing in the mig21 deploy air brakes and felt the vibration, very cool!

Mig21 is excellent by chance could you incorporate the speed brake effect on the a10c also. Was so cool coming in for landing in the mig21 deploy air brakes and felt the vibration, very cool!

I haven't found the way for A-10c, sorry.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]