SimShaker for DCS World Sound Mode Expansion - Discussion

When I unselect a effect in the gui, the bass shaker vibrates (I guess with the click.wav) sound. It would be nice to vibrate with the sound if the effect.

X-Plane should be easier to implement. Telemetry data can be extracted quite easily...

I created version with 0.75, 0.60 and 0.5 of your wave length which work quite good for my shaker. If it is ok for you, I can upload them...

Iam very interested to try your files

Kind regards Avidflyer

Hi Andre, I have one question/sugestion for ground/runway bumps effect.

In reality when driving a car for example, when driving across such gaps in the road slowly, the bump is very pronounced and car will shake quite a bit, but as speed increases the bumps/gaps are less pronounced and car does not shake as much (because the time when car is dropping due to gap is very short, it does allow the car to drop as much)

Are you able to implement this?

It would be more realistic to have more strong bumps when aircraft is slow, and decrease in amplitude as speed increases (say, around 150km/h amplitude would be minimal and hardly felt)

No longer active in DCS...

Hi Andre, I have one question/sugestion for ground/runway bumps effect.

In reality when driving a car for example, when driving across such gaps in the road slowly, the bump is very pronounced and car will shake quite a bit, but as speed increases the bumps/gaps are less pronounced and car does not shake as much (because the time when car is dropping due to gap is very short, it does allow the car to drop as much)

Are you able to implement this?

It would be more realistic to have more strong bumps when aircraft is slow, and decrease in amplitude as speed increases (say, around 150km/h amplitude would be minimal and hardly felt)

Hi Kuky,

yes, I think it worth trying to implement.

Gametrix JetSeats thread (in English) ,

SimShaker addon for bass-shakers thread (in English),

Andre's blog, downloads, manuals (in English).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hey Andre!

I haven't yet had the opportunity to try the new updates, but they look great! :)

I wonder if it's possible to implement the shaking of bombs/rockets/exploding vehicles when you are somewhat close. I feel a thing that adds a lot when the buttkicker is going on the game sound is explosions. Maybe bigger bombs could give you more of a shake than smaller ones.

Do you think that would be possible?

Thanks again for your great work! :)

/Emil

Hey Andre!

I haven't yet had the opportunity to try the new updates, but they look great! :)

Thanks again for your great work! :)

Hey Emil,

thanks a lot for your support !

I wonder if it's possible to implement the shaking of bombs/rockets/exploding vehicles when you are somewhat close. I feel a thing that adds a lot when the buttkicker is going on the game sound is explosions. Maybe bigger bombs could give you more of a shake than smaller ones.

Do you think that would be possible?

I agree, that would be great. But currently I dont' know the way to make it right, sorry. May be somehow in the future.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Andre, here's feedback from me about the effect for Stall Shudders (granted I tested only in testers version)... the shake happens with less than 1G so pretty much it shakes all the time. Also, the shaking is quite strong, I tried reducing it to -30% gain and its still strong. (I wonder do I need to close and restart the SimShaker module for the changes in gain % to take effect?)

Another thing I would change (if you can) is to start shake gradually, and as G's and more importantly AoA, increase the shake to increase, it really should not be shaking the same with only little pull and full stick pull.

Andre, here's feedback from me about the effect for Stall Shudders (granted I tested only in testers version)... the shake happens with less than 1G so pretty much it shakes all the time. Also, the shaking is quite strong, I tried reducing it to -30% gain and its still strong. (I wonder do I need to close and restart the SimShaker module for the changes in gain % to take effect?)

Another thing I would change (if you can) is to start shake gradually, and as G's and more importantly AoA, increase the shake to increase, it really should not be shaking the same with only little pull and full stick pull.

I will answer by PM soon.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hello Andre

thank you for your great Software. I tried today your new updates but unfortunately it is not for Bf 109 except cockpit shaking and stall. These two are working fine. The tweaking of the stall buffeting is highly appreciated.

When will you setup the sounds for the addon moduls?

Will you add sounds for hits?

Will you add different sounds for canons and guns? (WW2 birds?)

Thank you and I am looking forward to your development of the software.

very happy with your software

regards:joystick:

Avidflyer

Hello Andre

thank you for your great Software. I tried today your new updates but unfortunately it is not for Bf 109 except cockpit shaking and stall. These two are working fine. The tweaking of the stall buffeting is highly appreciated.

Thank you and I am looking forward to your development of the software.

very happy with your software

regards:joystick:

Avidflyer

Hello Avidflyer,

thanks a lot for your feedback and support!

When will you setup the sounds for the addon moduls?

Hmm... That is what I'm doing now. Isn't it?

If you are asking particularly about Bf-109, I would say:"Next after Mig-21".

Will you add sounds for hits?

I'm not sure about is it possible to clearly enough get from telemetry data. Let me see.

Hits now implemented only for FC3 planes by means of failures analysys. If one returning back to home field suddenly gets a missile into a nozzle, vibration happens to make one be scared a bit :lol:

Will you add different sounds for canons and guns? (WW2 birds?)

Yes, please try Dora's machineguns and cannons. I belive you will feel the difference.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I just tried the new version. Very nice!

I played around with some modified sounds, still not happy with the frequency for helicopters. Maybe I need more weight on my bass shaker :-)

Still waiting for MiG15 ;)

Edit: I just noticed that the gear up sound is somehow wrong. It starts with a big 'bump' and then it fades out. I think the 'bump' should be at the end, corresponding to closing the 'gear doors'. This information should be available in the export.lua. My idea: just add an additional 'bump' when the gear is up or almost up.

new_752.zip

Edited by f4l0

Edit: I just noticed that the gear up sound is somehow wrong. It starts with a big 'bump' and then it fades out. I think the 'bump' should be at the end, corresponding to closing the 'gear doors'. This information should be available in the export.lua. My idea: just add an additional 'bump' when the gear is up or almost up.

Hi f4l0,

which plane are you talking about?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hello Andrey,

the gear up effects works correctly with the Su 27. Later I'll check the other planes. Last time I didn't feel the second 'bump'.

I still have problems with high frequencies, because my shaker then works like a speaker and not like a shaker. I think I'll recreate all sounds for my shaker at the weekend after I attached an additional weight to the shaker.

General feedback:

I've noticed several crashes of both, sound module and simshaker. I there a way to send you the backtraces? It seems this exception is very prominent: System.Net.Sockets.SocketException

Then, sound module window is modal (always stays in the front).

Switching the tabs in simshaker gui is very slow.

I've these version of the .net framework installed:

4.5 with SDK

4.5.1 with SDK

Bye

F4l0

Edit:

I just created a new version for the helicopter whirl ;)

complete_new.zip

Edited by f4l0

Hello Andrey,

the gear up effects works correctly with the Su 27. Later I'll check the other planes. Last time I didn't feel the second 'bump'.

I still have problems with high frequencies, because my shaker then works like a speaker and not like a shaker. I think I'll recreate all sounds for my shaker at the weekend after I attached an additional weight to the shaker.

General feedback:

I've noticed several crashes of both, sound module and simshaker. I there a way to send you the backtraces? It seems this exception is very prominent: System.Net.Sockets.SocketException

I've these version of the .net framework installed:

4.5 with SDK

4.5.1 with SDK

Bye

F4l0

Edit:

I just created a new version for the helicopter whirl ;)

Hello f4l0,

thanks a lot for your feedback!

In common it works well for all FC3 planes. Looking forward hearing from you.

I'm working on System.Net.Sockets.SocketException. It's going to be fixed in next update, no need to send backtraces yet, thank you.

Please uncheck Top Most checkbox.

I agree. I'm going to redesign GUI, but not now.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Andre, I think I found a minor bug with Sound Module (the Top Most option)

I have this option not ticked

When I first start Sound Module, this GUI window is always on top of other windows open, even if this option is not ticked.

If I tick this option and then untick, then the GUI window will no longer stick on top of other windows.

But if I close and start Sound Module again, it will again be on top of other windows

When I first start Sound Module, this GUI window is always on top of other windows open, even if this option is not ticked.

If I tick this option and then untick, then the GUI window will no longer stick on top of other windows.

But if I close and start Sound Module again, it will again be on top of other windows

Thank you, Kuky!

I'm going to fix this.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thank you, Kuky!

I'm going to fix this.

This one is fixed :thumbup: