Main menu hangar

Einherjer

Hey, Sorry have been busy with work so just seeing this issue. Will take a look today and fix.

I have been using the VR Menu with the moving camera that I posted in an earlier thread :)

I'm also using that one now, but I personally prefer your static menu view. So if you find a fix I'd sure like to know :thumbup:

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

Attached is an updated Static VR Menu featuring the USS John C Stennis with flight compliment on deck. Not sure why/what update caused the menu to start getting clipped, but the only solution I found was to move the view directly outside the AirBoss's location in the Island. A bit unrealistic, but still allows for a great view! I also wanted a view from the opposite side of the ship so I created that too and now randomize which view is used on each start of DCS.

Hope you enjoy and if you see any issues feel free to post. I will do my best to correct.

Stennis_VRScene_Static.zip

~Thump.

Computer Specs:

i7-6700K@4.00GHz, 32GB, 850 EVO 1TB, GTX 1080 Ti, Samsung Odyssey VR

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Attached is an updated Static VR Menu featuring the USS John C Stennis with flight compliment on deck. Not sure why/what update caused the menu to start getting clipped, but the only solution I found was to move the view directly outside the AirBoss's location in the Island. A bit unrealistic, but still allows for a great view! I also wanted a view from the opposite side of the ship so I created that too and now randomize which view is used on each start of DCS.

Hope you enjoy and if you see any issues feel free to post. I will do my best to correct.

Is it possible that you uploaded an older version maybe? (when opening the rar file it says the .lua was last changed at 06-10-2018)

This menu is not anywhere near the bridge, but in mid air just left of the stern of the ship. Also I have to look down (towards my crotch:P) to be able to see the ship.

picture.php?albumid=1313&pictureid=10363

(screenshot taken while looking down).

Thanks for your effort! Maybe do one with a nice sunset in the background? (no idea if thats even possible)

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

Not sure what is up with the file date/time you saw with the last zip/rar, I did try to just update the file in the zip/rar last time I updated. For today's update I have included a "fresh" zip.

The view you provided a screenshot of from the left stern side of the ship (forever known as the "Crotch" view :)) is the view I mentioned in my previous post. There are lots of interesting stuff to see that is missed when in the "Island" view (has anyone identified the jet in the hanger bay yet? :)). To remedy this I provided two views (Island & Crotch) and loaded them randomly when DCS started. NOTE: In this latest update the two views will occasionally switch now (didn't like doing it on startup), but you will always start on Island view.

The reason these views are "crotch" views is because, lets face it, we are meant to be looking at a menu so if I point the camera (view) directly at the model (ship, etc) the "eye candy" will be blocked by the menu. My strategy has been to direct the camera above the model so you could look down and see the action. This isn't perfect, but hey it's meant to be a menu!

For your request about the sunset, it has always been there you just had to be patient! The sun has always been animated to rise in the east and traverse across the sky and set in the west. I had code that once the sun set it would reset it to the east to avoid the background being night half the time. In this update, I warped space/time continuum and accelerated the traverse of the sun from the "10:00 - 17:00" hours and then slowed it back down for pretty sunsets and sunrises. I have commented the lua script fairly extensive if you want to adjust to your liking.

Please enjoy the VRMenu and the feedback is welcome.

Stennis_VRScene_Static.zip

~Thump.

Computer Specs:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Afraid I don't have any control over the shadows. I noticed them missing as well and would love to have them, but (AFAIK) ED doesn't provide a way to enable shadow effects..... sorry.

~Thump.

Computer Specs:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

@TheThumper - This is pretty awesome, thanks! I'm going to share with my group and give you credit. Cheers!

VF-111 Sundowners

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

F-16 Viper :: F-14 Tomcat :: F-18 Hornet :: A-10C Warthog :: AV-8B Harrier II :: AJS-37 Viggen :: Ka-50 Black Shark

vCG-1 callsign: Cloudy

FYI

In the 'sceneVR.lua' hangar script you cannot use "P-51D" anymore, because that is ambiguous. You must use "P-51D-25-NA" for the new ETO model or "P-51D-30-NA" for the old PTO model we have always had.

One other thing I've noticed. No Liveries installed outside of '..\DCS World{ OpenBeta}\Bazar\Liveries\' are being found. Not if you have a directory link '..\Saved Games\DCS{.openBeta}\Liveries\' pointing to your personal Liveries directory, nor if you use SkateZilla's 'Liveries Import' plugin: Creating a Single Universal Liveries Folder for All Installs :mad:

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

Things are worse than I thought. Since DCS cannot find my '..\Saved Games\DCS.Liveries\' directory while loading the hangar script, I copied the P-51 352nd FG Liveries I use in my hangar script into '..\DCS World OpenBeta\Bizar\Liveries\P-51D\', to where they should be able to be found. Only they still cannot be found!! :mad:

The only think I can think of, which might influence this, is that I renamed all of my downloaded P-51D Liveries _--oth their directory names and the 'name = ...' parameter in their 'description.lua' files-- to reflect their full unit organization, and to be able to sort them correctly, to make it easier to find Liveries from the same FG and FS.

EG: name = "8th AAF, 352nd FG, 487th FS, 'Petie 2nd' by Reflected".

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

• 1 month later...

Yes, use

scene.<VARIABLE>:setLivery("<LIVERY>", "<MODEL>");

<VARIABLE> and <MODEL> must be the same as in the statement in which you place the aircraft:

scene.<VARIABLE> = sceneAPI:addModel("<MODEL>", 15, 1.9, 6);

EG

scene.m1 = sceneAPI:addModel("P-51D-25-NA", 15, 1.9, 6);
scene.m1:setLivery("485th FS", "P-51D-25-NA");

<LIVERY> currently can only be from within a 'Liveries' folder withing the DCS installation, and must match the 'name' parameter in the default.lua of the skin package.

EG

name = "485th FS"

in 'c:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Bazar\Liveries\P-51D\USAF 485th FS\description.lua'.

Edited by Captain Orso

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler

• 1 month later...
Would You be able to show how or what to do for the F-14?

Just change the model name to the "f14b" in your sceneVR file.

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks ... very cool :)

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

• 2 weeks later...
How do you replace the actual hangar? I tried replacing the floor (and ukrytie) entries with "LHA_Tarawa" and all I got was the same hangar roof with a black floor.

Make sure the name is correct. I believe you have to use the same name as it's .edm file.

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

Or you could download the one I made so you don't have to look at a very old model in a lo res hanger.

Get it here. VNAO VR Ready Room. Fully customizable for your squadrons needs.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3302055/

Enjoy!

-Particleman

This is awesome (and should be implemented in DCS as default imo). Thanks for sharing!

It indeed looks a bit dark now, but I understand that will change "soon"

One question though: Could you point out what variable I need to adjust in order to change default view direction? (so that I don't have to look at 90deg and recenter).

System specs:

Or you could download the one I made so you don't have to look at a very old model in a lo res hanger.

Get it here. VNAO VR Ready Room. Fully customizable for your squadrons needs.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3302055/

Enjoy!

-Particleman

Great stuff :thumbup:

Just wondering, why are there changes in the graphics.lua which seem to be unnecessary wrt the default one?

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss

Inspired by Doum76's cockpit version, I made my own. Everything works good, but the main menu is obscured by the cockpit model as it is outside the front canopy glass instead of instead the cockpit unlike ingame where the main menu appears overtop of the cockpit.

Also, is there a way to adjust the position and size of the main menu?