Gunnery Training - AC Visibility

CrackerJack

This is the first WWII AC I've flown. Just tried the gunnery training mission. Couldn't get a hit on both planes the first pass. After that I had no luck spotting them. I don't know if its me but it seems to be extremely difficult to locate opposing AC.

I have the model set to Large in Gameplay options and still can't see a dam thing. Turned on Labels and of course I can see all the text but unless you are almost on top of the AC the are just a spec. I'm playing at 3840x1440 res. I've also tried zooming in.

I just watched some of the dog fight videos posted in the Spit thread and I'd swear the opposing AC appear larger than what I'm experiencing.

Any tips?

Win 10 64-bit, Intel Core i7-7700k@4.2GHz, MSI 1080Ti , 16 GB, 500GB SSD, LG 34UM95, Acer T232HL, TrackIR 5 Pro, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals.

The model enlargement was silently disabled a few patches ago. The option is there, but it does nothing. Hopefully this was due to the imbalanced effects display resolution had for that system, and an improved system is coming. In the mean time there is a mod that places a 1 pixel gray dot through the label system https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/270020/.

i7 6700K @ 4.6, GTX1070, 32GB DDR4 @ 3200

TM Warthog on Monstertech, TrackIR5, Lenovo Explorer, MFG Crosswind.

Thank you for the suggestion. Gave it a try and works for me until there is a better solution offered by ED.

Win 10 64-bit, Intel Core i7-7700k@4.2GHz, MSI 1080Ti , 16 GB, 500GB SSD, LG 34UM95, Acer T232HL, TrackIR 5 Pro, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals.