Trim freezes up and can't be reset

fencible

I'm using the latest 2,5 as of June 16, 2018. The trim works fine on the Huey for a while, but on a long flight it eventually locks up and the stick goes dead. Resetting trim, turning trim toggle switch off all fail to restore control to the pilot and the helicopter crashes. This happens repeatedly. Avoiding use of trim altogether is only way to prevent this bug.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

dunno if this will help, but when you trim you effectively put the stick in a different position, so lets say an average flight, you take off and rise up going forward slightly, as you do you gain a bit of lift and so push the stick forward and trim etc etc etc, in the end you have a good forward flight, but in reality your stick is aiming down more than it was but your flying level.

if you try and pull up sharply you will need a huge stick input, maybe not even enough, so you would quickly re trim and pull up again and voila!

I'm trying to simplify whats going on to help you get my drift, in case this is just you trying to get used to it.

do I low flight not too fast and see if anything changes.

after all this someone will come along and say its a problem lol.

dunno if this will help, but when you trim you effectively put the stick in a different position, so lets say an average flight, you take off and rise up going forward slightly, as you do you gain a bit of lift and so push the stick forward and trim etc etc etc, in the end you have a good forward flight, but in reality your stick is aiming down more than it was but your flying level.

if you try and pull up sharply you will need a huge stick input, maybe not even enough, so you would quickly re trim and pull up again and voila!

I'm trying to simplify whats going on to help you get my drift, in case this is just you trying to get used to it.

do I low flight not too fast and see if anything changes.

after all this someone will come along and say its a problem lol.

Yes, I see what your saying, That's how I trim when I'm flying the KA-50, MI-8, SA342, etc....

I know there has to be something wrong because it always happens after 5 minutes of flying while in the air, It's like it's timed to fail or something?

And when it freezes I have no control at all on the stick, I have no pitch or roll control at all...

You have autopilot enabled. Unbind all key commands to it and try again to see if that helps.

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM |Virpil TCS+ AH64D grip + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

My wallpaper and skins

I have had this issue before. I do not know how, but it seems to come and go from time to time. I wish I could help but I'm more interested in finding the solution. It was very frustrating when it was happening. It has been a while since the last time it's happened. But it was pretty consistently occurring for a time.

• 8 months later...

Currently experiencing this exact issue on latest OB update. Anyone else still experiencing this? This thread is pretty old. Use trimmer and lose control with no stick movement detected. Trimmer reset command, although properly mapped and detected in game settings menu does not release trim and I basically go out of control and crash.

• 5 months later...

The exact issue persists for me. I've unchecked "force feedback" and have ensured trimmer reset is mapped in game. It registers in the bindings, but when the bug presents itself the reset trimmer does nothing and the cyclic stick is locked in place. I've tried mapping a few of the autopilot commands which occasionally will allow me to reset the trimmer, but it's intermittent. I've done a repair etc. I can't believe I'm the only one with this issue? It doesn't happen immediately - usually takes several minutes of flying with multiple force trim inputs before the stick locks up.

The exact issue persists for me. I've unchecked "force feedback" and have ensured trimmer reset is mapped in game. It registers in the bindings, but when the bug presents itself the reset trimmer does nothing and the cyclic stick is locked in place. I've tried mapping a few of the autopilot commands which occasionally will allow me to reset the trimmer, but it's intermittent. I've done a repair etc. I can't believe I'm the only one with this issue? It doesn't happen immediately - usually takes several minutes of flying with multiple force trim inputs before the stick locks up.

IF anyone else experiences this, the "fix" for me was to go into the special menu for UH1 and select the trim option (in the drop down) to DEFAULT. For whatever reason I had another option selected and this seemed to cause the controls to lock up eventually with the trimmer reset function no longer working. I flew about an hour yesterday after enabling "DEFAULT" and no longer experienced the issue.