When we will have first guided A/G weapon?

VDV

We will have it soon it is ready. Updated 3D models for guided are in already in.

ED is actively working on this module and also quite transparent about it. Read the last weekend news, good info there.

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

Its almost half a year, since DCS:F/A-18C has been released, and there are not any kind of A/G guided weapon still.

When we will have it?

Current priorities seem to be the A/A radar and JHCMS.

The first self-guided weapon we are getting is HARM, but it's probably best to not expect it soon. Laser guided bombs are also coming, but we wont be able to designate them.

From last newsletter:

Regarding the Hornet, it's important to note that we are now focusing on some of the more difficult and time-intensive tasks like making several fundamental changes to the air-to-air radar simulation (will have benefits with other modules), the Joint Helmet Mounted Cueing System (JHMCS), and other systems we've touched on recently. As such, the number of new items for the Hornet will be less than before, but the same amount of attention and manpower is being devoted.

Edited by Silvern

Better see A/A systems complete, then move to all A/G goods.

One thing complete at a time, boys. Don't rush things.

I doubt you will see A/A systems complete prior to implementing other features. There are so many systems and subsystems that make up the entire "A/A mode" that it doesn't make sense for everything else to be put on hold.

So my take is that the guy working on the A/A radar is not the same guy working on the SA page nor the one working on HARM implementation, etc... So let people work on their feature-set and deploy them as they are ready regardless of other systems; unless those other systems are a dependency of course.

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT

Getting the IFF integrated with the radar will make me happy enough. Hopefully by the end of October we see TWS, full IFF and maybe the JHMSC.

I doubt it; I can see JHMCS and LTWS by Oct/Nov. Full IFF will come around the time we get the SA page and LINK-16 integration. Since we haven't heard a lot about it, I don't imagine it is close to implementation - I'd love to be wrong, I just don't think it is "close."

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT

Well they havent sorted out a "wroking" radar yet.. dont hold your breath ;)

On the bright side whith what we have there is enough on our plates, that is if you really want to take your time to learn the systems, procedures, nuances, etc...

Now if you want a nifty bird to shoot down people on air Quake, well yeah, get the F15 ;)

Or like it was said the A 10C warhog is THE main mud mouver arround here so far, and try the SU 25 for a chalenge.

I got the Hornet for what it will become and to support ED.

My Mud Moving fancies are very much satisfied with the Viggen ;)

Very much this. Still, hoping to see these A/G systems by the end of the year.

HARM

ATFLIR pod

LGBs

Maverick

Well.. everyone wants it.. I want the HARM as well. and they will come eventually..It's on Early Access ...

But, IMO, priority should be given to what have been done already...A/A.

Changing developing focus to A/G now makes no sense once A/A is a little messed up right now.

:thumbup:

While the HARM will be a great addition to the Harnet, its not something that we haven't seen before within DCS, the harrier has the sidearms, which I know are not the same weapon, however the outcome is much the same, the operational range of the HARM is 92 miles, which to me just makes things a little fire and forget with not really any effort

A2A at the moment is functional and kinda working, you can take targets out, maybe we just need to get TWS

For ground pounding its very very limited at the moment with dumb bombing. I personally would have went with the ATFLIR, as this would allow us to lase for other and open up a new scope of weapons the Hornet hasn't seen yet

Thanks Specter

Custom built W10 Pro 64Bit, Intel Core i9 9900k, Asus ROG Maximus Code XI Z390, 64GB DDR4 3200 RGB, Samsung 1TB NVme M.2 Drive, Gigabyte AORUS 2080TI, 40" Iiyama Display. Wacom Cintiq Pro 24, HOTAS Virpil T50 Stick / FA-18C TM Stick and Virpil T50 Throttle, MFG Crosswind Graphite Pedals. HP Reverb

SPECTER

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lead Terrain Developer / Texture Artist

A/A will never be complete as long as the Vulcan shoots like a flower spayer. And having that fixed is the most fundamental thing for A/G. The M61's been like that since I sim ED products though... pinkiepieexcited.png

I make your words mine, but I gotta say that the biggest problem is not the spread, fact is the solution in many cases is just flat our WRONG, both in AA and AG the rounds go nowhere near the fire solution (spcially in AA level flight close targets)

Win10 64, MSI Krait Gaming Z370, I7 8700K, Geforce 1080Ti FTW3 ,32 GB Ram, Samsung 980 EVO SSD

Modules: Combind Arms, A-10C, F-86F, F/A-18, F-16, Flaming Cliffs, KA-50, L-39, P-51, UH-1, Christen Eagle II, Persian Gulf

While the HARM will be a great addition to the Harnet, its not something that we haven't seen before within DCS, the harrier has the sidearms, which I know are not the same weapon, however the outcome is much the same, the operational range of the HARM is 92 miles, which to me just makes things a little fire and forget with not really any effort

A2A at the moment is functional and kinda working, you can take targets out, maybe we just need to get TWS

For ground pounding its very very limited at the moment with dumb bombing. I personally would have went with the ATFLIR, as this would allow us to lase for other and open up a new scope of weapons the Hornet hasn't seen yet

Thanks Specter

Its really, because modern russian SAM system like BUK and S-300 has a lock range between 100-150 km. So it will be not so easy to destroy them with HARMs

I assume you're playing on stable, just wait until you get the version the open beta is running - it's not functional or kinda working at all. Even on stable you can drop a lock with anything but the most gentle roll - f-pole/cranking requires flying like an octogenarian.