DCS: F/A-18C Hornet - Early Access Launch Trailer

NineLine

• ED Team

On 30 May 2018, DCS: F/A-18C Hornet will be released into early access!

Pre-purchase now though and save $20!

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/shop/modules/hornet/

The Hornet is a true multi-role fighter that can switch from attacking surface targets to engaging air targets with the press of a button. Equally at home on an aircraft carrier or airfield, the Hornet is equipped with a large suite of sensors that include radar, target pod, and a helmet mounted sight. In addition to its internal 20mm cannon, the Hornet can be armed with large assortment of unguided bombs and rockets, laser- and -GPS-guided bombs, air-to-surface missiles of all sorts, and both radar- and infrared-guided air-to-air missiles.

DCS World provides the most rich and authentic digital battlefield for the Hornet to fly in.

Key Features of DCS: F/A-18C Hornet:

- Professional Flight Model (PFM) and authentic Flight Control System (FCS)

- Realistic model of the F/A-18C, down to each bolt

- Detailed simulation of the Hornet’s many systems like engines, fuel, electrical, hydraulic, radios, lighting, emergency, and many, many more

- Inertial and GPS navigation systems with moving map display

-Virtually all the weapons and sensors that a mid-2000s US Navy F/A-18C operates

- Highly realistic cockpit that is mouse interactive

- Spin recovery system

- Authentic Hornet sounds with assistance from Boeing

- New effects like over-wing vapor

- Virtual Reality support

- Multiple liveries

If you have questions about DCS: F/A-18C Hornet, please see our FAQ at:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=197186

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Well its only a few days time... so I cant wait to try it! About the auto bombing system, is that a CCRP derivative? I see wheel chocks on the carrier. Will these be placeable or are they cosmetic statics? The missile explosions in air to air look like proximity detonations. Is that a fuse setting? Also, how will carrier launches be made? Is there a fully functional cat shooter station? weights holder? How about catapult speed is it adjustable? Will it have a CDU to input coordinates? How about nine line and digital messaging?

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

Damnit Jim it's a trailer, not an in depth study! :)

Well its only a few days time... so I cant wait to try it! About the auto bombing system, is that a CCRP derivative? I see wheel chocks on the carrier. Will these be placeable or are they cosmetic statics? The missile explosions in air to air look like proximity detonations. Is that a fuse setting? Also, how will carrier launches be made? Is there a fully functional cat shooter station? weights holder? How about catapult speed is it adjustable? Will it have a CDU to input coordinates? How about nine line and digital messaging?

Super excited as well. I'm sure we will have all these answers and more questions on the 30th. But, in the mean time...

Chocks are historically a radio controlled option or added to the cold/dark state of uncontrolled aircraft of those that have the option.

Auto = CCRP in the Hornet.

AIM9 Uses a proximity sensor to detonate if it determines that target is moving away from it, warhead is a fragmentation warhead.

Launches are made using the old FC3 coding, just increase throttle and go (at least in the press release it is).

The rest of your carrier questions are TBD until we get more info on the paid carrier module.

CDU: In a way yes, Wags made a video about it in his academic series.

JTAC capabilities will be added after the EA release.

:joystick: :pilotfly:

Edited by Repth

Perfect Trailer!

|Motherboard|: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS,

|WaterCooler|: Corsair H115i Pro,

|CPU|: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X,

|RAM|: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4,

|SSD|: Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 NVMe,

|SSD|: Kingston 2.5´ 480GB UV400 SATA III,

|SSHD|: Seagate Híbrido 2TB 7200RPM SATA III,

|GPU|: MSI Gaming 980Ti,

|Monitor|: LG UltraWide 34UM68,

|Joystick 1|: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog,

|Joystick 2|: T.Flight Rudder Pedals,

|Head Motion|: TrackIr 5.

Absolutely stunning, with gorgeous and perfectly fitting music! :thumbup:

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

Great work with the trailer! :thumbup:

but I'm curious about 0:26 - I thought that it is forbiddent to turning the radar on if your are on the ground...

On the rw hornets your unable to use the radar or weapons due to the wheels being on the ground( radar wont be able to transmit or any weapons being fired off), to make the radar or test the weapons systems you need to put in a wow wedge in the strut of the wheels also you need to fool the aircraft as well to tell the aircraft its actually flying for the radar to transmit on the ground Dont know if this is implemented in this

Edited by pete_auau

Can't wait for both the release of the PG and the Hornet! Woot!

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

It's amazing what GA does with these movies. The production is awesome. I almost shed a tear watching this one. Can't wait for the hornet now.

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

Dont know if this is implemented in this

Pretty sure I heard Wags mention that in one of his streams.

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset