DCS: Mi-24P - What we know + Discussion

MrDieing

It would be interesting and/or helpful to get an idea of the number of DCS users who would buy the Mi-24. I personally fly with upwards of 30 guys who have all expressed their intention to buy the Mi-24P module on release without hesitation.

Some kind of poll to serve up to ED with a number equating to sales value?

SCAN Intel Core i9 10850K "Comet Lake", 32GB DDR4, 10GB NVIDIA RTX 3080, HP Reverb G2

Custom Mi-24 pit with magnetic braked cyclic and collective. See it here: Molevitch Mi-24 Pit.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] www.blacksharkden.com

bsd sig 2021.jpg

It would be interesting and/or helpful to get an idea of the number of DCS users who would buy the Mi-24. I personally fly with upwards of 30 guys who have all expressed their intention to buy the Mi-24P module on release without hesitation.

Look at my banner and take a guess, if I won't buy it as soon, as it will be available for preorder ;)

From what I can tell, it's going to be very popular within Polish DCS community. Vast majority of guys, whom I spoken to already can not wait for it so I'm pretty shure, it will sell vary well. Allso it has huge potential of attracting new players, who are Hind-fans, but for some reason (like no sensible attack helicopter or no fullyu finctional and bugless multicrew support for helos) are not yet into DCS. Those may want to buy it and try it, simply because there's no real alternative - War Thunder is still a semi-arcade with mediocre FM, EECH, although realistic sim by 1999 is now outdated and outclassed in allmost any aspect, even more so is DI's Hind from 1995, quality of FSX Mi-24 addons is questionable, at best, Air Missions: Hind and Heliborne are pretty much arcade air games and don't even get me started on ToH: Hinds. So if you want to feel like a real Hind pilot it's either DCS' way or the highway ;)

There's no question or doubt about that !

The Mi-24 helicopter is one of the most used combat helicopter in the world.

It match perfectly with most of DCS existing and planned maps.

In the future, if you want to buy ONE DCS helicopter, for sure most of the people will choose the Hind.

Dual seat + transport/combat missions + the perfect Mi-8 budy (already one of the most favourite DCS module) +....

The Mi-24 is waited by the rotor heads like the F-18 or the F-16 for the fighter heads...

For sure the Mi-24 will come but damned the delivery of the baby will most likely take more than 9 months ! :(

A premature baby ? Who knows :music_whistling:

You guys just sit and watch as ED announces that the Huey Cobra moves up in line and puts the Hind somewhear after the next ice age. at best.

And then take a wild guess why..

"Your pumping days are over, Megatron!" -Optimus Prime

"This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence" -Vyvian

You guys just sit and watch as ED announces that the Huey Cobra moves up in line and puts the Hind somewhear after the next ice age. at best.

And then take a wild guess why..

You know what, wouldn't be surpries, it is a possibility in a corner of my head, but try to banish it, not to jinx things :P

And I don't normally do that whole "think positive, don't jinx" thingie...

Anyway, I want the Hind, as redundant as it is to say at this point :D

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

Assuming, you speak of AH-1F, they might be in for a suprise (and not in a good way) then. I mean, it certainly will generate some hype, being first U.S. combat helicopter in DCS, but I think, that what majority of blue-tech rotorhead fans want is the Apache. Plus it seems, that most people waiting for the Cobra expected either AH-1G to go along with the Huey, or AH-1W, for being more 'usefull'. It would make a more believeable (than AH-1F) makeshift for both AH-1G (even more so for AH-1J) due to the shape of the canopy and AH-1Z, as it's only one version behind. Personally I think, that any Marine Cobra would make better choice of a module over any Army version.

So in general, community reception for this Cobra, while notable, may yet proove to be quite 'meh', compared to the Hind and ED might be into getting a bucket of cold water splashed over their heads. Sad part of this is that they may take such experience as another proof, that working on DCS choppers is not profitable enough...

the Huey Cobra

Can someone clarify this for me - wasn't the term "Huey Cobra" used exclusively for AH-1G, due to Bells marketing move to advertise this as yet another UH-1 variant and then AH-1s would stick with just "Cobra", much like the UH-1 got stuck with "Huey", instead of "Iroquois"?

ED is now deleting Mi-24 comments from their FB posts.

It's KGB all over again :lol:

Either they're planning some big suprise reveal really soon (unlikely, but possible) or that's just really low on their side.

Edited by [105]-Rahon
Typo corrections.

-Rahon;3805236']compared to the Hind and ED might be into getting a bucket of cold water splashed over their heads/

I think ED will get cold water splashed over their heads on F-16 release. Whilst the F-"teen" planes have their die-hard fans I've moved from "Will buy the F-18 when it's finished cooking" to "Don't see the point in owning both, will wait and see"

They've basically ended up competing with themselves.

I disagree - I think F-16 will sell like hot cakes, both in the U.S. and worldwide. It's very iconic, it will be alternative to 'that other' and aging F-16 sim, plus the Falcon is probably the most exported modern fighter jet, and everyone likes to fly the stuff, that's used by his (or hers) home country military.

I don't really know, how it'll end up for ED, but seems clear, that their general idea is to compete with Heatblur and 'that other sim' ;) Sort of kill two birds with one stone approach.

F-16 is going to be a milestone. There is huge community around Falcon sim from past which is still going because of few reason, which are being worked on in DCS too.

If ED can finish the dynamic campaign for the F-16C in time, then include in-game voice comms along with it, the whole community will probably switch to DCS. Huge potential for new consumers.

Do, or do not, there is no try.

--------------------------------------------------------

Sapphire Nitro+ Rx Vega 64, i7 4790K ... etc. etc.

I think ED will get cold water splashed over their heads on F-16 release. Whilst the F-"teen" planes have their die-hard fans I've moved from "Will buy the F-18 when it's finished cooking" to "Don't see the point in owning both, will wait and see"

They've basically ended up competing with themselves.

That's my standpoint, F-18 = F-16 = F-15E. I was only ever in the market for one of them and didn't have much of a preference other than not a two seater (I hate 2 seat fighters). I already bought the F-18, so yeah, basically no chance of me buying the F-16 unless it goes on sale for $10, in which case it would be added to my collection of useless modules I rarely mess with. The upcoming F-14 falls into that same trap. Really need some eastern birds to counter them or some attack choppers to open my wallet back up. More of the same simply doesn't interest me.

System specs: i5-10600k (4.9 GHz), RX 6950XT, 32GB DDR4 3200, NVMe SSD, Reverb G2, WinWing Super Libra/Taurus, CH Pro Pedals.

F-16 is going to be a milestone. There is huge community around Falcon sim from past which is still going because of few reason, which are being worked on in DCS too.

If ED can finish the dynamic campaign for the F-16C in time, then include in-game voice comms along with it, the whole community will probably switch to DCS. Huge potential for new consumers.

ingame voice comms would be dope... we already having minor problems for people not wanting to be bothered joining srs/discord/ts..

also any updates on this module? is it still in the works? or devs have forgotten about it?

ingame voice comms would be dope... we already having minor problems for people not wanting to be bothered joining srs/discord/ts..

also any updates on this module? is it still in the works? or devs have forgotten about it?

Yes they are working on all of the mentioned stuff. It was stated several times. They have even listed job opportunities for developers that will work mainly on these features.

this chat is about Mi-24.

The F16 is already announced as this year's project. And is off topic here.

I hope ED will give us SOME little crumbs of info to keep our Hind hopes alive

SCAN Intel Core i9 10850K "Comet Lake", 32GB DDR4, 10GB NVIDIA RTX 3080, HP Reverb G2

Custom Mi-24 pit with magnetic braked cyclic and collective. See it here: Molevitch Mi-24 Pit.

bsd sig 2021.jpg

this chat is about Mi-24.

The F16 is already announced as this year's project. And is off topic here.

I hope ED will give us SOME little crumbs of info to keep our Hind hopes alive

To be honest I would rather have Hind before F-16 but it looks like it will be the other way around. :(

There is a large worldwide set of DCS helicopter enthusiasts. But the Ka50 was released in 2008, the Huey in 2013, the Mi-8 in feb 2016 and the Gazelle in May 2016. There have been numerous updates since, and the Gazelle is still going through FM revisions to make it "credible".

The multicrew options so essential for 3 of the 4 airframes are still awaited.

We have had nothing new for 3 years, and only shadows of teasers of possible new offerings at no specific timeframe.

It would be considerate to get some info from ED.

Meantime, if any of you Hind enthusiasts are looking for some European timezone multiplayer mission action, at 229th B Company (EU), we are conducting regular and frequent complex helicopter combat assault missions, currently themed around the Vietnam era, and based on the written records of veteran pilots of that campaign. Predominantly UH1-H based (obviously) but using Mi-8 as a transport Chinook substitute, we look for areas of the Caucasus map to represent actions we read about in books like Guts n Gunships, Low Level Hell etc.

bsd sig 2021.jpg

There is a large worldwide set of DCS helicopter enthusiasts. But the Ka50 was released in 2008, the Huey in 2013, the Mi-8 in feb 2016 and the Gazelle in May 2016. There have been numerous updates since, and the Gazelle is still going through FM revisions to make it "credible".

Small correction here - Mi-8 was actually released in late 2013/early 2014 (first promo video is from September 2013). 2016 was when it went from beta to 'full release' (where's its multicrewing then?), so formally you're right, but it wouldn't add up to Huey release, which I think was just beta throughout 2013.

The multicrew options so essential for 3 of the 4 airframes are still awaited.

We have had nothing new for 3 years, and only shadows of teasers of possible new offerings at no specific timeframe.

It would be considerate to get some info from ED.

+1 on everything, you just said :)

503 replies and 107.738 views seems to be still not enough to even expect a reaction from ED.

Please Heatblur, could you hear us ? :music_whistling:

Maybe could you develop the Mi-24 like you have developed the big cat ?

A huge number of rotor heads need your expertise and even more the way you communicate which is for me really outstanding ! :smilewink:

Oh God, a Bo-105 from Heatblur with Jesters Brother would be perfect. But The Fragger announced the Cooperation with an 3rd Party Developer over one Year ago, and nothing new yet.

But it's sad, that we Rotorheads have to put our Hopes only in 3rd Partys, it's Time for ED to say something about Hind.

Even almost all the Jet-Guys in my Squadron will buy this legendary Machine.

The BO-105 surely would enrich every helicopter collection and very interesting regarding its flight ability and purpose in combat scenarios.

The KA50 is a great module, but I would say, its extravagant koaxial rotor design and unpopularity might hold back people from buying it and buy the Huey instead.

The Mi-24 Hind, with no doubt, will be the top seller of all helicopters and surely will be an entry model in DCS for those, who never were into helicopters before. Its the most unique, impressive and popular combat helicopter, we could think of.

Also a more huge variety of mission scenarios is thinkable with the Hind, more than with any other combat helicopter.

F-14b Tomcat   /   AV-8B Harrier   /   F-16C Viper  /   KA-50 Black Shark   /   Mi-24 Hind   /   MiG-21bis   

So back on topic. I think the HIND is the most likely combat helicopter that we will get from Eagle Dynamics. Whenver that is.

I believe it will come before the Cobra, or any other helicopter in development with Eagle Dynamics and the reason why I believe this is twofold.

First: The Hind shares a lot of systems with the Hip, or Mi8. It's logical to assume that this will make for an easier development

Second: AFAIK the Cobra was mostly used as a close air support helicopter gunship, usually against enemy troops, very rarely against armor. The "P" on the other hand is perfect for killing armor. DCS doesn't really do troops very well does it? Not when compared to armor.

So it makes more sense to do a heavy attack helicopter before a close air support helicopter. At least that's my opinion on this matter.

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.