ATTN USA RC FLIERS : FAA REG PROPOSAL

Mars Exulte

If you're a US based RC aircraft pilot, you need to get involved. In response to irresonsible and/or malicious drone usage the FAA is attempting to rush through potentially harmful regulations with little or no time for the affected community to rally or advocate.

To clarify to those unfamiliar, RC aircraft are not autonomous ''drones'', they are not those annoying camera quadcopters, etc. They are line-of-sight electric or gas powered radio cotrolled aircraft either conventional fixed wing or rotary (helicopters) ranging from 10 inches to 10ft (depending on your pocket book). They are also NOT the source of any problems for the FAA, generally operating in parks or privately owned airfields.

The FAA has tried multiple times over the years to rush through bans or major restrictions of this hobby, and we are already fairly heavily regulated. We ALREADY require FAA serial numbers, insurance, etc, etc. There's also the distinct possibility Amazon is lobbying to shut down the hobby to free up airspace for their damn drone deliveries.

Regardless, it's essential people speak up. Folks better educated on the relevant regs than me seem to think this is a very serious threat that could kill the hobby. Be polite, be specific, but make your feelings known to the relevant authorities if you have any affinity for this hobby. Thanks!

For those who may be curious:

I own a 50'' electric Bf-109G-6, and my dad has a similar sized electric P-47D and a massive Super Cub. All are line of sight and have never caused harm or danger to anyone else's property. Despite being crashed several times *sheepish grin*

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

• 2 weeks later...

The drone thing is a shady shady topic, it has a lot of corporate interest, law enforcement, intelligence and surveillance.

And FFA after the 737 MAX thing doesn't look so good either.

The whole thing around 737 MAX being still out of action and planned to be up only after summer 2020 and going through so much testing as slowly as possible is, aviation experts agree, an FFA trick to restore it's image, of how to-the-book and strict they have to be; that they partially lost due to Boeing's influence.

Modules: A-10C I/II, F/A-18C, Mig-21Bis, M-2000C, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-47, FC3, SC, CA, WW2AP, CE2. Terrains: NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria

Oh, odds are definitely for increased regulation, and the government is always so fair and evenhanded whenever playing ''Nanny State''. Even years ago when these damn quadcopters first came about, I thought ''Hmm... this isn't good.'' An RC aircraft requires you actually learn, but any moron can fly a drone over a rescue operation, crash into a monument, or fly into the landing pattern. As always, when the barrier for entry is too low, you get the dregs of humanity involved with predictable results.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2