Harlikwin
Veteran

Moving target corrections with arbs lock
Wind corrections with arbs lock
Ccip as you mentioned
Loft/toss bombing system
Sidewinder dmt lock
Sidewinder seam mode
Flir hotspot (once ed gets a new flir model)

Just off the top of my head.
Old 12-23-2019, 03:32 AM   #53
Harlikwin
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkthunder View Post
So should I re-write the whole list of bugs and missing features at each post mentioning them?
I don't think so.

Go and check the bug section, you'll find what you're looking for.
Alternatively, I suggest you take the NATOPS and try to follow even just the start-up checklist, there you'll just start to see how many things are not simulated correctly.
Or you could read up on the particular flight carachteristics of the Harrier, especially when hovering, none of which are simulated in the razbam harrier.
Yup gotta agree here. Having the tac man its abundantly clear things are either missing or dont work quite right.
Old 12-23-2019, 03:33 AM   #54
Harlikwin
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WichitaMODEX View Post
You people are relentless. If you want better, go make better. Or go buy your own damn Harrier. Razbam has been working their tails off lately for you. Smh.
LOL...

Sure thing bro.
Old 12-23-2019, 03:35 AM   #55
Harlikwin
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by =JUICE= View Post
Enjoy the suck!
Old 12-23-2019, 06:53 AM   #56
viper2097

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fri13 View Post
Would be nice to get a fair and good list of the missing features (not nitpicking ones like "The switch texture is wrong way" but more like "The CCIP system is broken as it gives correct impact point at alternative target altitude without DMT lock" level of features and bugs.
'
Take the Tacman, pick one thing you like, compare the description there with the DCS Harrier.
You'll always end up like this:
https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php...98&postcount=9
Old 12-23-2019, 06:53 AM   #57
LastRifleRound

Quote:
You people are relentless. If you want better, go make better. Or go buy your own damn Harrier. Razbam has been working their tails off lately for you. Smh.
I get this kind of an emotional response, but run it through some Socratic iterations.

Let's try buying a car. "You don't like that your car doesn't start? Go make your own damn car then. Toyota has been working really hard making the wheels round. You want better? Make better."

Let's try an ear of corn at the supermarket. "You don't like that it's rotten? Go grow your own damn corn then. Del Monte has been working really hard arranging the shelf. You want better? Make better.".

Let's try a different piece of software. "You don't like that Excel doesn't add correctly? Go make your own damn spreadsheet application. Microsoft has been working really hard making sure it multiplies accurately. You want better? Make better."

I'm happy about the recent JDAMS release, but even that is kind of buggered, what with the ASE not working as the videos show beforehand and the manual tells you how it works. There's a history here of half-finishing things and people have a right to be frustrated. They shouldn't need to have attempted to build their own module to air those frustrations.
Old 12-23-2019, 07:12 AM   #58
kotor633

Quote:
Why should we as buyers make our own module or make sure that the existing one gets better? That is Razbam's job. They want to earn money with it. And if you want DCS players to continue to buy their modules in the future, it would be an advantage if they deliver decent quality. My claim as a customer / buyer is to get decent quality for my money. Fortunately, there are examples of how other developer studios can and should run in DCS World.
For example there is still no updated manual for the Harrier. We are still waiting for the SEAM fashion for the Sidewinder. And what is also annoying is the fact that bugs are fixed, 2.3, ... new bugs are added. Wasn't that the case in the past, wasn't it? But announce umpteen new modules:
• South Atlantic Map
• F15-E Strike Eagle
• Mig-23 Flogger
• Super Tucano
• FRS1 Sea Harrier

I'm really excited to see whether 2020 will bring about a turnaround and they will be able to bring the M2C and the Harrier to a satisfactory conclusion.
Old 12-23-2019, 07:26 AM   #59
viper2097

Quote:
Originally Posted by legearre View Post
Have to somewhat concur. Been learning the harrier for some time now and it’s an absolute blast. Most fun flying in dcs outside of 14 multicrew. Able to do whatever cas mission desired.
Have fun as long as you are still learning it. You will soon realize how bugged and frustrating it is.
Latest when you fly a 4h sortie with your buddies and you can't accomplishe just because of one of the thousand bugs..

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastRifleRound View Post
I get this kind of an emotional response, but run it through some Socratic iterations.

Let's try buying a car. "You don't like that your car doesn't start? Go make your own damn car then. Toyota has been working really hard making the wheels round. You want better? Make better."

Let's try an ear of corn at the supermarket. "You don't like that it's rotten? Go grow your own damn corn then. Del Monte has been working really hard arranging the shelf. You want better? Make better.".

Let's try a different piece of software. "You don't like that Excel doesn't add correctly? Go make your own damn spreadsheet application. Microsoft has been working really hard making sure it multiplies accurately. You want better? Make better."

I'm happy about the recent JDAMS release, but even that is kind of buggered, what with the ASE not working as the videos show beforehand and the manual tells you how it works. There's a history here of half-finishing things and people have a right to be frustrated. They shouldn't need to have attempted to build their own module to air those frustrations.
Very good post, nails it!
Even the new invented Jdams, which took them 4 months to code, are bugged all over...

Last edited by viper2097; 12-23-2019 at 10:36 AM.
Old 12-23-2019, 07:32 AM   #60
Marcq

Quote:
Originally Posted by legearre View Post
Have to somewhat concur. Been learning the harrier for some time now and it’s an absolute blast. Most fun flying in dcs outside of 14 multicrew. Able to do whatever cas mission desired.
Yup!! I agree, I come from Falcon 4 BMS, as long as it gets eventually better I'm ok with that

I sure enjoy it as is

Marc..