Updated Black Shark Cockpit: Beautiful! - Page 2 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 02-21-2020, 08:35 PM   #11
3WA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fakum View Post
It seems you may have started a new thread for one that already exists?
https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=263208

It's the praise thread for the people who like it. Let 'em have it.
3WA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 08:39 PM   #12
rrohde
Veteran

Thanks to the updated geometry the Shkval display appears larger, with larger fonts/symbols as well, which is esp useful in VR.

Thanks ED! Falling in love again with the Ka-50 (and I cannot wait for Blackshark 3).

PC: Intel Core i7-7700K 4.2GHz @ 5.0GHz | MSI GTX 1080 TI | ASUS Maximus IX Hero | 32GB DDR4 RAM | 512GB Samsung 850 PRO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit
Glear: HP Reverb | Jetseat 908 | Monstertech MTX Sim Rig | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG PRO (center mount) | VKB Gunfighter Mk.II /w SCG-R Premium (side mount for DCS F-16)
rrohde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 08:56 PM   #13
Fakum

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3WA View Post

AHHHH,,, ok,,, LOL
Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / GIGABYTE 3866MHz GA-Z170X-Gaming 7 MOBO / Intel i7-6700K 4.0GHz Processor (OC to 4.Eight) / G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB DDR4 3200 Ram / Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SATA III SSD / EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid/ Onboard Audio card / Creative Inspire 5.1 Surround Speakers /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ulrawide HD Monitor / Track IR4 / Saitek Pro Flight Combat Pedals / Thrustmaster Cougar HOTAS (Modded)
Fakum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 03:57 AM   #14
martinistripes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fri13 View Post
Remember, this free update got a inferior graphics and textures.
I would imagine all EDs in-house modelling and texture work will be done to a set standard. With BS3, I'm only expecting more functionality, not a jump in visual quality.
Old 02-22-2020, 07:10 AM   #15
Kailux

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3WA View Post

We post in both, the praise thread and the cry thread

Not buying any "early access" stuff anymore just to see it getting abandoned 2 years later for yet another "early access" module.
Feature complete + bugfree == money.
Kailux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 05:50 AM   #16
Weta43
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fri13 View Post
Remember, this free update got a inferior graphics and textures. You need to buy the BS3 to get the high detailed cockpit with high resolution textures. So wait your minds to blow some more!
Source ?

… or no-one said in writing that this wasn't true, so it must be ?
Old 02-24-2020, 10:24 AM   #17
Bourrinopathe

Unless I'm mistaken, it's most probably an erroneous assumption based on that information:

Quote:
Later in 2020, we will release DCS: Ka-50 Black Shark 3. This upgrade will build on the free cockpit update and add the following features:

[…]
Completely new external model with a much-improved 3D mesh detail and textures. It will also account for the new systems like the Missile Launch Warning Systems, Directional Infrared Countermeasures (DIRCM) and the Igla air-to-air missiles.
[source]

I'm not really surprised a few people seem to forget that cockpit is a free update for a product sold years ago.
So, yes, it's obviously to raise it to the level of the other modules so it stays reasonably usable (and more enjoyable), and to sell a newer/improved product in the process. It requires production cost, testing, etc. The usual. But it's there for us at no additional cost. I'd say it's a very nice update.

The rendering engine has obvious limitations, partly explained by ED's COO recently.
ED has to make it compatible with VR and standard monitors. For multiple systems some with poor CPU/GPU/memory some with much more power.
We won't get 4k textures for each 3D object in that cockpit, and maybe there are engine limitations too.
ED can't make it with full RTX (NVIDIA raytracing) rendering and details, realtime reflections (hence the fake ones), multiple overlaying shadows, and other advanced techniques.

It's a world of compromises.

Still… It might be obvious that the cockpit has been crafted with care and consideration.
Old 02-24-2020, 01:44 PM   #18
Mr_sukebe

Had a look last night.
Wonderful improvement, looks lovely!

My thanks to the team
Old 02-26-2020, 08:05 PM   #19
Kobza

Hello ED

The new cockpit looks amazing and the sounds are fantastic!

Thank you all for the great work
Kobza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 08:38 AM   #20
Mule

It's superb. I can't wait to get back into this module.
Mule is offline   Reply With Quote