Sound Overhaul Mod w/Dynamics (New Sounds and SDEF's!) 2020 - Page 5 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 02-21-2020, 09:20 AM   #41
sora_061

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brigg View Post
Yeah it works with the latest version
Thx I checked it works.

Sent from my Redmi K20 Pro using Tapatalk
sora_061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 09:45 AM   #42
The Falcon

Can I say, without offending anyone, that this type of "fix" must be made by the manufacturer of the module? in fact the original sound is pretty poor .. and letting some random guy create a mod is not the right way to operate
The Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 02:11 AM   #43
NikolaT

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Falcon View Post
Can I say, without offending anyone, that this type of "fix" must be made by the manufacturer of the module? in fact the original sound is pretty poor .. and letting some random guy create a mod is not the right way to operate

You are right, this sort of fix should be made by the manufacturer of the module. But if its a choice between having a mod like this and nothing I choose the mod every time. I think that when it comes to practical realities we cannot expect a sound overhaul from Magnitude 3 LLC even if that was the only way to improve it. They will have better and most importantly more profitable things to work on.

'Some random guy' will have to do.

Last edited by NikolaT; 02-22-2020 at 02:14 AM.
NikolaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 12:54 AM   #44
dali

Nin, the high-pitch roar sound in your mod here

https://youtu.be/ZeAGrdfR_yQ?t=364

should be more, much more pronounced. Plus that cracking noise in AB... more

This is the sound signature of Mig-21

Mig-21 is LOUD!

But thank you for already making the sound much better from that pathetic original one
dali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 09:24 PM   #45
Peter5on

I can not believe that after all these years this plane still sounds like gas stove. I hope they're planning to do something with it in the future.
Peter5on is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 03:18 PM   #46
wiwa23

Hello,

I'm impressed by the upgrade it is in comparison with the original (youtube reference).

I do have a problem however. I installed the 2 folders in the stable version in their respective submaps (c-eagle dynamics-DCSWorld-Mods/Coremod-...). But the sounds are very uneven and it appears that I hear the original as well.

Is their a cause with the stable version?
wiwa23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 08:22 PM   #47
Nin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter5on View Post
I can not believe that after all these years this plane still sounds like gas stove. I hope they're planning to do something with it in the future.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Falcon View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by NikolaT View Post
You are right, this sort of fix should be made by the manufacturer of the module. But if its a choice between having a mod like this and nothing I choose the mod every time. I think that when it comes to practical realities we cannot expect a sound overhaul from Magnitude 3 LLC even if that was the only way to improve it. They will have better and most importantly more profitable things to work on.

'Some random guy' will have to do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nin View Post
Thanks for your feedback guys, Although I agree sounds were lacking very much on the MiG-21 it is safe to say the rest of the module is fantastic, and they are invested in other new exciting projects at this moment in time. Keep an eye out on the forums for the next update
Thanks for your feedback guys, Although I agree sounds were lacking very much on the MiG-21 it is safe to say the rest of the module is fantastic, and they are invested in other new exciting projects at this moment in time. Keep an eye out on the forums for the next update
Nin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 08:23 PM   #48
Nin

Thank you for your feedback, I will look into these issues and am already working on version 2.0 now, keep your eye out
Old 02-26-2020, 08:24 PM   #49
Nin

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiwa23 View Post
Hello,

I'm impressed by the upgrade it is in comparison with the original (youtube reference).

I do have a problem however. I installed the 2 folders in the stable version in their respective submaps (c-eagle dynamics-DCSWorld-Mods/Coremod-...). But the sounds are very uneven and it appears that I hear the original as well.

Is their a cause with the stable version?
I'm sorry you're having issues- as far as I am aware this should work in all versions of DCS- could you go into more detail about what problem it is you're facing?
Old 02-26-2020, 09:51 PM   #50
TLTeo

I never really care for sounds as much as others seem to so I was enjoying the Mig-21 regardless. I decided to try your mod and holy crap, it's so much awesome!

Is there any chance you could get in touch with M3 and maybe get it implemented in the official module?
TLTeo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dcs, mig21, mod, sound