Paying money??? (rant) - Page 10 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 12-16-2019, 09:36 AM   #91
TOYKILLA

DCS is my favorite VR application, but a better performing Engine like Vulkan, is more important than anything else. With the Super Carrier and a animated Airfield Crew,we need more performance,even with the fastest CPU and GPU Today. Perhaps ED will get a Reverb and can try to optimize the VR experience with the current Engine. We will see

Gesendet von meinem SM-G973F mit Tapatalk

Last edited by TOYKILLA; 12-16-2019 at 01:39 PM.
TOYKILLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2019, 11:38 AM   #92
Flamin_Squirrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by twistking View Post
may i say again, that the free-to-play-aspect of DCS really shows it's weakness with these kind of modules. making the carrier, new weather, vulkan and new map part of one-time-purchase 50€ DCS 3.0 would seem so much more simple.
Total speculation; you have no idea, and your suggestion makes no sense anyway.

The planes you can fly for free are extremely limited, but it gives potential customers a taste of what they can expect. If they like it and want more they'll have to buy a module for $50+ anyway.

Demanding $50 from existing customers makes even less sense.
Flamin_Squirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2019, 11:55 AM   #93
Gruman

When ED announced the carrier, Wags mentioned a Hornet Bundle. Since the carrier was delayed a couple years it was mentioned that owners of the (PreOrder?!) Hornet will receive a discount.
If this is still planned... Who knows. Maybe.

Quote:
I think anyone expecting DCS:Supercarrier to be anything but a full priced module is going to be disappointed. No idea what any Hornet discount will be, but you ain't getting a $25 carrier, sorry to tell you. The market's been set higher than that.
Why do you guys expect a "Full Module" Price? It's a 3d Model with 4 textures. Couple of animations. It's not a study sim carrier simulation module...
I would be a bit dissapointed in a price higher than 30-40$ (Similiar to CA or WWII Pack). I will still buy it, but I understand anybody who declines.

TM Warthog, VPC T-50 Base, TM TPR, PointCtrl, VRK
Gruman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2019, 01:15 PM   #94
BuzzU

I predict the carrier will be $80 and maybe $60/$70 if you own the Hornet/Tomcat.
Old 12-16-2019, 01:19 PM   #95
yoshama

Cool story bro! glad you're not buying it. I'll buy it and have fun. ED has been more than generous by providing free updates for the last decade. i'd've paid for the new Caucus map given all their hard work making it. They're also drastically updating weather, damage models, AI behavior, creating new missions and models all for free. If they're spending time to devote to a super carrier with animations, textures, models, etc i'm willing to buy.
Old 12-16-2019, 01:34 PM   #96
Reflected
3rd Party Campaign Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoshama View Post
Cool story bro! glad you're not buying it. I'll buy it and have fun. ED has been more than generous by providing free updates for the last decade. i'd've paid for the new Caucus map given all their hard work making it. They're also drastically updating weather, damage models, AI behavior, creating new missions and models all for free. If they're spending time to devote to a super carrier with animations, textures, models, etc i'm willing to buy.
This. Whatever the price, I'm sure it will be well worth it. Plus all their efforts that goes into updating the core game.
Reflected is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2019, 01:49 PM   #97
msalama
Veteran

Quote:
So we are paying money for a carrier? This really sounds silly.
Yes, we are, and no, it doesn't. Rather, what really does sound daft is to expect to get it for free, since making the bugger is a carpload of work. So may I courteously suggest you not buy it?
Old 12-16-2019, 02:23 PM   #98
firmek

Quote:
Originally Posted by msalama View Post
Yes, we are, and no, it doesn't. Rather, what really does sound daft is to expect to get it for free, since making the bugger is a carpload of work.
Absolutely

Quote:
Originally Posted by msalama View Post
So may I courteously suggest you not buy it?
Here you're too polite. I would suggest the OP to try invest, lets say 5000 working hours in creating a product which then he would like to sell, having to explain on the way to those claiming it's "silly" he wants to charge for it, how big of a trolls they are.
F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all
firmek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2019, 03:46 PM   #99
Bloodhound57

Time and effort with constant additions. Sign me up and sign my wallet up.
Old 12-16-2019, 04:57 PM   #100
Airhunter

Well, it better be a huge discount (50% off) for Hornet owners (in my opinion it should be free for all Hornet owners as an excuse for the massive delays, lies and making the Viper a priority over it), otherwise I'm not getting it.
Airhunter is offline   Reply With Quote