Thrustmaster Announces Warthog Magnetic Base and F-16C Handgrip - Page 3 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 12-04-2019, 10:19 PM   #21
BuzzU

Now, there's a cheaper option to use the TM F-16/A-10C grip with the Virpil base if you need both.
Old 12-05-2019, 12:46 AM   #22
Catseye

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzU View Post
Now, there's a cheaper option to use the TM F-16/A-10C grip with the Virpil base if you need both.
Including the F-18 add on with the VKB base.
Catseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 05:32 AM   #23
Mainstay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fri13 View Post
Now the question is, is that new "magnetic base" a new one, like no more the problems with the ball base, or is it just rebranded old base?

It's the old one they just gave it a new name and some stupid print. Pathetic really....
Old 12-05-2019, 01:17 PM   #24
Tundra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fri13 View Post
This is just good news, as the alternative choices that VKB and Virpil are offering has shown to people that there are better means to buy HOTAS, and now Thrustmaster notices that people really like that you can get both separately.

Now the question is, is that new "magnetic base" a new one, like no more the problems with the ball base, or is it just rebranded old base?
It´s the old base, but they updated the name so it runs with the current time and one of the hottest software available (DCS Viper), the very same strategy they used when released the Cougar in those Falcon4 times, and Warthog with DCS A-10 module.
i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | 250 Gb 970 EVO SSD | GTX 1080 | Virpil MongooseT-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Virpil desk mount | Saitek rudder pedals | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | TM MFDs | Realteus ForceFeel | Saitek Pro Flight Switch Panel
FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - NTTR - PG
Tundra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 01:36 PM   #25
hreich

Is that base with movable or force sensing?

Pilot from Croatia
hreich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 01:48 PM   #26
BuzzU

Quote:
Originally Posted by hreich View Post
Is that base with movable or force sensing?
It's the same base as the A-10c base. Force sensing will never happen. It's too specific to one plane and would be expensive anyway.
Old 01-08-2020, 01:28 AM   #27
Ramstein

I am in the market for new Hotas, my old Saitek X52 Pro is in pretty bad shape... best I can find is the WartHog Hotas complete, with shipping for $450.00 USD.

I researched my other dream Hotas, and it is so hard to try to get them from Virpil,, and other, that I don't see any better choices, especially on the mix of price and service. If there is, I couldn't find it. Been flying 20 years. Not going to try to get on these waiting list for places 5,000 miles away, and built in a garage, and hoping the e-mail is answered this year. But, I am open for suggestions, but I need to order a new stick setup asap,, mine works well enough for il-2, but DCS, it just sucks have a screwy stick...
EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080TI 11GB Video Graphics
WD Black WD1002FAAEX 1TB
46" Samsung LCD HDTV
Win10 pro x64
Silicon Power 240GB M55 M.2 2280 SSD
Thrustmaster WartHog HOTAS, CH Pedals
Ramstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 01:48 AM   #28
=JUICE=

Thrustmaster should just end the Confusion and sell a Viper HOTAS updated from the old Cougar to the latest technology in flight controllers and sell it as the TM VIPER(TM), then they should develop the Hornet HOTAS using their new stick attachment to reveal the TM HORNET(TM), and finally, make some TDC updates, fix some of the more frequent systems that failed in the last 10 years for quality (whichever functions failed more than they should have), and rebrand it as the TM WARTHOG(TM).

Realistically, any DCS Multi-Module Owner just needs a Thrustmaster Military looking Dual Throttle Quadrant Unit with adequate 2 and 3 position toggles, sliders, and buttons that can be programmed in each position, and users can pick the Stick (or Sticks) they want to own for their favorite jets.

Personally, I use the base Warthog for everything, Viper, Hornet, FC3, Mustang, Huey, and it works for me.
=JUICE= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 10:09 PM   #29
Ramstein

I ordered a new Thustmaster Warthog Hotas and also a 3 years extended warranty (Square trade) with it total $515.00 NewEgg. I will have it in a week, Amazon is out of stock and back ordered. FYI. other places had it a couple dollars cheaper, but I went where my experiences are the best, with the good prices. IMHO
EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080TI 11GB Video Graphics
WD Black WD1002FAAEX 1TB
46" Samsung LCD HDTV
Win10 pro x64
Silicon Power 240GB M55 M.2 2280 SSD
Thrustmaster WartHog HOTAS, CH Pedals
Ramstein is offline   Reply With Quote